+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

immka

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
behnam said:
hi there,
this is to inform you about my case time line:

we received your application on May 2nd 2012
sponsorship approved on July 25th 2012
processing started on August 10th 2012
PPR February 13th 2013
visa issued on Feb 27th 2013

please add me (behnam, from Iran).

Congratulation and wish you all the best, as I see here most of spousal immigrants have been done less than a year in Ankara office so why on the site they put 16 months I hope mine also be like you in 9 month !?

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
behnam said:
hi there,
this is to inform you about my case time line:

we received your application on May 2nd 2012
sponsorship approved on July 25th 2012
processing started on August 10th 2012
PPR February 13th 2013
visa issued on Feb 27th 2013

please add me (behnam, from Iran).
Hi behnam,

Congrats on your approval! Have a great life in Canada. :)

P.S I added you to the spreadsheet.

Best wishes.

Szymiec

Feb 15, 2013
WOW WE GOT THE GOLDEN EMAIL!

Shocking and unreal! We have been travelling on a shoestring for over a year together in which any country will take us. It started out fun, but now, i just want to go home and cook my own egg and shovel some snow. (in 2012 - Canada/Iran - Nepal-Tibel-Nepal-Turkey-Kyrgzastan-Turkey-Sri Lanka-Nepal-Bangladesh-Nepal-Malaysia-Nepal) the american express is taking a serious beating.

OK, i do have one serious question, i have sent a note to Ankara about it.

We need to know if we can courier the passport of do we have to go to Ankara. I have bolded some key points and hope those of you that recently received this know more.

They seem to want us to take Wifey's passport to Ankara in person. Also, there is some ambiguous language concerning visa validity. Below is a quote from the email:

Request for Submission of Passports

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Following the closure of the Immigration Section in Damascus, your application is now being processed in Ankara. Please submit the following documents:

· Original valid passports for you and each accompanying family member.

· 2 recent photographs (35 mm x 45 mm, white background) for you and each accompanying family member.

· Height and eye colour in writing for you and each accompanying family member.

If a visa is issued, it will expire on 19 January 2014 ( Medical Expiry Date ) or on the expiry date of your passport whichever date comes first . You must arrive in Canada on or before this date, it cannot be extended or renewed. This letter is not a guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Each person must have their own passport, including minor children. Each passport must have at least two empty pages. Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, special or other similar types of passports are not acceptable. Passports must be valid beyond your planned date of arrival in Canada. Any passport changes after the visas are printed will result in a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge ($30.00 CAD) for each visa that needs to be reprinted.

Your passports must be received no later than 3 0 days from the date of this letter. Failure to provide the requested documents within the given timeframe could result in the refusal of your application.

If the validity date of your visa will be shorter than two months, we recommend that you submit your passport in-person to our office in Ankara (instructions below). This will allow us to return your passport faster and will give you more time to travel to Canada.

Submitting your passport in-person: All applicants

All applicants m ust submit their passports in-person to the Immigration Section Reception in Ankara, Turkey at the address mentioned above. We will only accept passport submissions on Mondays and Wednesdays between 8:30 and 10:00 am . If you arrive late, you will have to submit your passports on the next available day for passport submission. Passports/visas can only be collected on the next business day at 2 pm .

This service will not operate when the Embassy is closed. Our website , shows our holiday closures (which include some Canadian and Turkish holidays).

Only you or someone you authorise may submit/pick up your passport/visa. This authorised person must present the letter of authorisation below and their own government-issued identification that includes their name and photograph, preferably their passport.

Note: You can not send your passport via mail/courier to us.

All documents must be submitted together. A copy of this letter must be printed and presented on the top of your submission.
Thanks again everyone, hang in there. Dont despair and try to love your other, they are in the exact same boat as you.

Thanks
Szymiec.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Szymiec said:

Shocking and unreal! We have been travelling on a shoestring for over a year together in which any country will take us. It started out fun, but now, i just want to go home and cook my own egg and shovel some snow. (in 2012 - Canada/Iran - Nepal-Tibel-Nepal-Turkey-Kyrgzastan-Turkey-Sri Lanka-Nepal-Bangladesh-Nepal-Malaysia-Nepal) the american express is taking a serious beating.

We need to know if we can courier the passport of do we have to go to Ankara. I have bolded some key points and hope those of you that recently received this know more.

They seem to want us to take Wifey's passport to Ankara in person. Also, there is some ambiguous language concerning visa validity. Below is a quote from the email:

Thanks again everyone, hang in there. Dont despair and try to love your other, they are in the exact same boat as you.

Thanks
Szymiec.

Wow! Great news! I love seeing passport requests here!

As far as I know Iranian passport can't be sent via courier. I thought that was for in and out of Iran, not for everywhere. Maybe if they realize you are not in Iran they will allow you to courier it?
I've seen a lot of Iranian applicants who live in Iran use some sort of a service that some agency takes their passport and the authorization letter to Ankara, gets the visa stamped and returns it to Iran. If you're not in Iran, then obviously it won't apply to you, unfortunately.

Maybe one more trip to Ankara before flying back home? :)

You've done so much traveling! I can imagine the fun and the challenges. Good for you guys!

I hope our PPR comes soon, too. We know they have requested for my husband's medical extensions three weeks ago. I feel kinda antsy these days! It'll come soon for all of us!

Congrats again!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
BTW, I didn't understand any ambiguity regarding the validity. They have extended her medical exams till Jan 19th 2014. You have to land before then.

What they mean in the second part is regarding the validity of her passport. The PR visa will expire on either the medical expiration day, or the day the passport expires, whichever comes first.

Also, this is a patch up of a few emails they send out. So you see bits and pieces which aren't relevant to your case, since pretty much everybody received the same standard email, they edit to add some bits for some applicants, but they sometimes don't remove the unnecessary parts. Non-Iranian applicants can courier their passports to the embassy, that's why that sentence is there.

Best wishes :)

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Szymiec said:

Thanks
Szymiec.
Congratulations!!! Enjoy new Canadian life together! They were generous sending many PPRs today.

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
Szymiec said:

Thanks
Szymiec.
Hi and congrats Szymiec. There are several travel agencies in Tehran that take your passport to Ankara on behalf of you. It costs almost 150$.

Szymiec

Feb 15, 2013
To update everyone, Ankara promptly replied the following:

It is not possible to send it by courrier due to local restrictions. You can submit it in person (yourself or through a representative).

Immigration Section | Section de visa
Looks like we are going to Turkey 2 days after flying to Nepal. Yay!!!

Chris

immka

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
If anyone knows could tell me usually how long after approval of step 1 e-case for step 2 would be change to "in process" mine was approved on 5 Feb but still no change for step 2 !! :'(

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
immka said:
If anyone knows could tell me usually how long after approval of step 1 e-case for step 2 would be change to "in process" mine was approved on 5 Feb but still no change for step 2 !! :'(
It takes 2 months on average. Furthermore, the in-process date shows almost nothing.

omidonya

Jan 9, 2013
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hii, I'm finally Done.

My PPR received on March 12.

Hope All you guys receive this gold email ASAP.

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
omidonya said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hii, I'm finally Done.

great news. Congratsssss :)

immka

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
omidonya said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hii, I'm finally Done.

Congrats :) , could tell when did you apply and how long does it take for each steps?