+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

sciencemaster

Jan 2, 2015
Peyman.ch said:
Dear friend' Please refer to following site and read through all the information provided by CIC. In Canada no matter you are a woman or man by law you have your rights and if for any reason mentioned in CIC site you are under pressure and your marriage doesn't work then you have the right to apply for PR by yourself even though your PR is conditional. An abuse doesn't mean to be always physical and can be psychological. Please read through all the information carefully and call the number they have provided in their site and I am sure they will help you and as you will notice there is no Word about Deporting in their site and there is a very long process if and only if they ask you to leave .Good luck
thank you for your help.

Allan_fgh

Dec 7, 2012
Peyman.ch said:
Allan I am almost 99% sure that all July applications have been piled up on 'ONE' officers desk and he is most likely in vacation or something because it doesn't make any sense that applications after July has been processed or getting processed but not
ours, I could imagine that I never been a lucky person in my life but how about all other july applicants? :)
Two more got their ppr today. Good news is that Ankara is back to work on files :) . Still no one from July :(

Allan_fgh

Dec 7, 2012
bk12 said:
Hello my friends,
I got PPR mail yesterday at 16:10 :)
Congrad bk12! All the best ahead.

I checked you on the excel file. Why did it take so long for you? You were asked for any additional documents in the middle?

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
bk12 said:
Hello my friends,
I got PPR mail yesterday at 16:10 :)
Grats bk12 bring warm cloth :) Ottawa is -35 right now :). Wish you and your husband all the best.

persianguy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Hi everyone !

I hope you guys all are doing well !

I just applied for my wive's Open Work Permit (I'm on a Post Graduate Open Work Permit since 2013 and I have not applied for PR yet !)

After submitting all the documents , I received the biometrics letter in CIC mail box ,

I'd be grateful if you could help me with the following questions :

1.She is going to go to Turkey alone. She prefers to go to Istanbul instead of Anakara. Is there any difference in processing time ? I know that it all happens in Ankara ,but I mean the time it takes for them to communicate from Istanbul to Ankara , does it really affect the processing time ?

2.If she takes the biometrics in Istanbul , does she need to go to Istanbul when they want to stamp the visa in her passport ? Do they send her visa to Ankara ? I heard that it takes time and she has to wait in Istanbul for them to send it back from Ankara. I'm worried about her being without passport in Istanbul for some days.

3.Does she need to go to Turkey when they want to stamp the visa at all ? Can she do that through travel agencies ?

4.I called VFS office in Turkey to take an appointment , and the lady told me she needs to pay 45 lira if she wants to take the biometrics in Istanbul and she needs to present the receipt of payment. I guess this is the mailing fee which VFS charges to send the passport to Anakara and get it back. When does she need to present this receipt ? when she wants to do the biometrics ? or when they want to stamp the visa in her passport ? How can I pay for that ? can I pay it with my credit card ?

And I promise this is the last question :

5.Usually how long does it take for Ankara office to review the visa application (work permit in this case) these days ? Is it like 4 months ? or less ? I guess it shouldn't be crowded these days , right ?

Thanks in advance,
Take care ,
Arian

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
persianguy said:
Hi everyone !

I hope you guys all are doing well !

I just applied for my wive's Open Work Permit (I'm on a Post Graduate Open Work Permit since 2013 and I have not applied for PR yet !)

After submitting all the documents , I received the biometrics letter in CIC mail box ,

I'd be grateful if you could help me with the following questions :

1.She is going to go to Turkey alone. She prefers to go to Istanbul instead of Anakara. Is there any difference in processing time ? I know that it all happens in Ankara ,but I mean the time it takes for them to communicate from Istanbul to Ankara , does it really affect the processing time ?

2.If she takes the biometrics in Istanbul , does she need to go to Istanbul when they want to stamp the visa in her passport ? Do they send her visa to Ankara ? I heard that it takes time and she has to wait in Istanbul for them to send it back from Ankara. I'm worried about her being without passport in Istanbul for some days.

3.Does she need to go to Turkey when they want to stamp the visa at all ? Can she do that through travel agencies ?

4.I called VFS office in Turkey to take an appointment , and the lady told me she needs to pay 45 lira if she wants to take the biometrics in Istanbul and she needs to present the receipt of payment. I guess this is the mailing fee which VFS charges to send the passport to Anakara and get it back. When does she need to present this receipt ? when she wants to do the biometrics ? or when they want to stamp the visa in her passport ? How can I pay for that ? can I pay it with my credit card ?

And I promise this is the last question :

5.Usually how long does it take for Ankara office to review the visa application (work permit in this case) these days ? Is it like 4 months ? or less ? I guess it shouldn't be crowded these days , right ?

Thanks in advance,
Take care ,
Arian
Dear friend most of your questions are related to process of work permit visa and this section of site mostly deals with family sponsorship so you may not be able to gather enough info here. I suggest you try the Persian site and I am sure many people there has gone through similar process and will help, however as of my understanding and what I have seen in previous comments ,there are agencies in Tehran which take care of getting Visa without a person being in Turkey for a reasonable price and if you need more info just do a advance search regarding your questions and I am sure you will find your answer. Good luck

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Peyman, Allan and Emma THANK YOU for your kind words!!! We received my husband's visa on Friday and he will be landing in 2 weeks. I got back from Turkey today... It still feels like a dream...

What happens after the PPR - here is my experience:

1) We had the option to send the passport to Ankara or Istanbul VAC via courier (I think applicants from Turkey and Turkmenistan have this option). Since my hubby lives in Izmir, we decided to send it to Ankara VAC and via MNG cargo.

Note: You need to make a bank transfer to VAC for the passport service fee (45 TL) and passport return service fee (30 TL) + the bank charges you another fee (35 TL). Anyhow, at that moment you are so happy that you can even tip everyone in the bank - so paying the fee does not bother you LOL Include the receipt in the package with the passport, 2 photos and the print out of the PPR email.

TIP: If you have any questions you can chat with a VAC representative online. They are very helpful - here is the link https://vfssupport-canada.mioot.com/miootdev/webclient/vertical/offline_form.php?custID=A8080&skillID=15&url=http%3a%2f%2fvfsglobal.ca%2fcanada%2fTurkey%2fcontactus.html%23&rurl=http%3a%2f%2fvfsglobal.ca%2fcanada%2fTurkey%2fcustomerservice.html&time=1421018313268&pcode=4289

2) Our package was delivered to VAC Ankara, 2 days passed but we didn't get an email from them with the tracking number - so we got a bit worried and contacted them. I don't know what happened at their office but first they told us that they couldn't locate our package. So we had a back and forth communication with them and MNG cargo - and then VAC finally found our package in their office!!! 10 minutes after that we received the email from VAC with our tracking number.

Lesson learnt: If you don't get a communication from VAC after your package is delivered to them, chase it!! Don't wait :)

3) VAC Ankara sent my husband's passport to the embassy on Jan 6th and it was shipped to us on Jan 7th. The embassy took one day to print the visa. Due to the bad weather conditions in Turkey, our delivery was delayed and we received it on Jan 9th!!! FINALLY!! THANKS GOD!!! :)

Note: VAC sends the passport and the COPR documents with UPS. UPS will email the tracking information.

For those who are waiting for updates, I wish you all get the good news sooner than you think! Wish you all best of luck and lots of happiness with your loved ones...

MRS & MR. Kor

em.ma said:
Congratulations :) I think you received the best Christmas present, it made me happy when I read it today :) you deserve it, the long wait is finally over for the both of you.
Im still in the waiting boat :) its been 5 weeks since the interview and no news :) but im hoping January will be the month.

Are you going to the VAC center in Istanbul or Ankara did they give you that option? and when you do would you mind sharing your experience with us... and is your husband flying back with you?

Congratulations and HAPPY NEW YEAR:).

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
Allan_fgh said:
Seems like July applicants did not get any news :(
Hi guys' My Wife has been asked to attend an interview on Feb, we got married like 4 years ago but because of my bankruptcy
which wasn't discharged until 2014 I couldn't file her papers to CIC. I am guessing this is the reason they want to interview her, I am still happy since I hate waiting and not knowing if someone even looking at your file, this way at least I know the file is on process. I was wondering if it is a good idea that I attend the interview too? and if someone could tell me how long after interview normally she gets PPR? so I hope this will be a good news for July applicants because it shows they have started to work on our files.

Allan_fgh

Dec 7, 2012
Peyman.ch said:
Hi guys' My Wife has been asked to attend an interview on Feb, we got married like 4 years ago but because of my bankruptcy
which wasn't discharged until 2014 I couldn't file her papers to CIC. I am guessing this is the reason they want to interview her, I am still happy since I hate waiting and not knowing if someone even looking at your file, this way at least I know the file is on process. I was wondering if it is a good idea that I attend the interview too? and if someone could tell me how long after interview normally she gets PPR? so I hope this will be a good news for July applicants because it shows they have started to work on our files.
It is good that you are looking at positive side of things. Has your ecas changed to "in process", "decision made" or nothing has changed? I checked the other forum and it seems usually 1-3 months after interview you get the good news.

The other thing is that as I checked the Persian forum, most of the ON applicant in july got something this weekend, (either decision made or asking for interview), so it seems that officers are province based(?) Let's see what's happened.

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
Allan_fgh said:
It is good that you are looking at positive side of things. Has your ecas changed to "in process", "decision made" or nothing has changed? I checked the other forum and it seems usually 1-3 months after interview you get the good news.

The other thing is that as I checked the Persian forum, most of the ON applicant in july got something this weekend, (either decision made or asking for interview), so it seems that officers are province based(?) Let's see what's happened.
no change in ecas yet and based on their email I can not be an interpreter for her means I have to find one soon even though she speaks English but not fluently.

Allan_fgh

Dec 7, 2012
Peyman.ch said:
no change in ecas yet and based on their email I can not be an interpreter for her means I have to find one soon even though she speaks English but not fluently.
There is a list of possible questions mentioned in the other forum, I'd say have a practice with your wife. I also think she can answer question in farsi, and there would an interpreter in-house there; but double check.

www.applyabroad.org/forum/showthread.php?17435-مهاجرت-به-کانادا-از-روش-خویشاوندی/page600

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hi Peyman, I would order GCMS notes immediately now. In the notes you can see the comments of the officer and their concerns which led them to schedule an interview. This way you can be prepared for the interview and address their concerns.

Peyman.ch said:

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
Mrs.KOR said:
Hi Peyman, I would order GCMS notes immediately now. In the notes you can see the comments of the officer and their concerns which led them to schedule an interview. This way you can be prepared for the interview and address their concerns.
Thanks Mr.KOR' I asked for GCMS notes today,hopefully I will get them before the interview. Best of luck to you and your husband

jryan007

May 6, 2014
Does anyone have experience working with vfsglobal in Turkey from Iran?

How is the process (paying fees, sending docs, receiving docs)?