+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Guys!!!!please need information....when cic opens a file?do they start processing the cases according to the date they received the file?what are their criterias about processing?and secondly,does the Ankara visa office updates regularly the ecas?

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
ninakap30 said:
Guys!!!!please need information....when cic opens a file?do they start processing the cases according to the date they received the file?what are their criterias about processing?and secondly,does the Ankara visa office updates regularly the ecas?
I would suggest you look at the spreadsheet to get a (very) general idea of processing time frames. The Ankara VO operated different before Damascus was closed and then operated again differently following the embassy strike of 2013. However, I can give you and to any other new people reading this my insight since going through the process at the Ankara VO:

1. After sponsorship approval the file is forwarded to the visa office. What I have come to believe is that files are only forwarded to the vo ONCE a month. They don't just start sending off files every hour they come in. This became clear to me when I saw other people who got sponsorship approval the same month as me all had their files physically transferred the same date.

2. There is no general rule of when Ankara will open the file. BEFORE the strike of 2013 those waiting found a pattern that files were generally opened 2 or 3 months after sponsorship approval and then from in process to ppr was anywhere from 3 to 6 months (AVERAGE). Those (like my husband and myself) that got caught in the strike had our files sit un-opened for 5 months or more before going into process. But things have again changed. Look at the spreadsheet and see patterns for yourself.

3. I have written many time of how Ankara processes applications so you might want to look back. But in short:
- file is opened and checked for any missing/out-of-date documents (if something is missing they send a request for it and give you 30/60 days to send them what they want).
- If nothing is found missing (or the 30-60 days have passed) they process eligibility (ie: is the relationship genuine) and move on to medical and criminal check. Ecas may then (or not, some people never see any updates on ecas) be updated to show In Process.
- If you see In Process you can be almost nearly be sure (but nothing is 100%) that an interview will not be requested.
- Background/security check is the lengthy part and completed by other government departments than CIC and the vo (CSIS, RCMP, border security, interpol, etc.) The time of security checks depends on so many things: military service, extensive travel history, work history (if they were involved in politics, government, etc.), if their name is similar to a name on a watch list, etc.

Every file and case is unique. There is no exact time frame only rough estimates.

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Thanks soomazi :)as far as I saw the average to open the file is 2-3 months...but for example ok ecas not updated so how I will know if they work?I want yo order Gcms notes can I order like this?hmmm,do U think I should sent additional proof for our relationship before I hear something from them?I think we have some more things we could add...and they can understand the marriage is genuine...as I have told many times we have red lines,that makes me too stressful all time...when do U think I should order the notes?

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
Hi Guys'
I sponsored my wife who lives in Iran and CIC received the application on 7/July/2014 and on 27 /August/2014 sponsorship was approved and for further processing file was sent to Ankara, I am checking the CIC site everyday and all I see is saying we received your application on 7/JULY/2014 and under that says Medical received. Anyone have any idea when Ankara will call for an interview?
and I wonder if everyone goes through interview. If anyone has any similar case please share.Thanks

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hi Peyman, firstly I'd suggest you to follow the Ankara spreadsheet for better estimates about processing times (you can find the link in my signature below). CIC website (ECAS) is sometimes not updated, so don't bother checking it everyday. Hopefully you have a strong file and no red flags so you won't be called an interview. If Ankara VO decides that your relationship genuine then the interview is waived. So not everyone is called for an interview.

Peyman.ch said:
Hi Guys'
I sponsored my wife who lives in Iran and CIC received the application on 7/July/2014 and on 27 /August/2014 sponsorship was approved and for further processing file was sent to Ankara, I am checking the CIC site everyday and all I see is saying we received your application on 7/JULY/2014 and under that says Medical received. Anyone have any idea when Ankara will call for an interview?
and I wonder if everyone goes through interview. If anyone has any similar case please share.Thanks

bk12

Apr 6, 2014
Dears,
Ankara Visa office sends PPR email to sponsors every time or there is not a rule for it.

Thanks

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
From what I have learnt from the forum, Ankara sends the PPR email sometimes to the sponsor only and sometimes to both the sponsor and the applicant...

bk12 said:
Dears,
Ankara Visa office sends PPR email to sponsors every time or there is not a rule for it.

Thanks

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
Mrs.KOR said:
Hi Peyman, firstly I'd suggest you to follow the Ankara spreadsheet for better estimates about processing times (you can find the link in my signature below). CIC website (ECAS) is sometimes not updated, so don't bother checking it everyday. Hopefully you have a strong file and no red flags so you won't be called an interview. If Ankara VO decides that your relationship genuine then the interview is waived. So not everyone is called for an interview.
Thanks Mrs.KOR, I tried to list my file and info in the spreadsheet you provided but couldn't, any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Try this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10bKqerLTpHblwuOfTWmfFlXRPtt5_ZrBXiHz6bPKFgM/viewform
You just need to fill in the form with your dates and click on submit.
Then you will appear in the spreadsheet (it might take a few days though)

Peyman.ch said:
Thanks Mrs.KOR, I tried to list my file and info in the spreadsheet you provided but couldn't, any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
Peyman.ch said:
Got it thanks again. Any idea when they request for passport she needs to go to Ankara or she can just mail it to them?
sorry for so many questions it is the last one :). Thanks

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
You're welcome! From the forum, I have seen that applicants have the option to either go to Ankara in person (most of them prefer to do that) or send their passport with an agency (less favourable). The PPR email will give you the details I suppose…

It's normal to ask questions so don't be shy :) I think I asked a billion questions on this forum - so grateful to have this platform or I might have gone crazy by now :)

Peyman.ch said:
Got it thanks again. Any idea when they request for passport she needs to go to Ankara or she can just mail it to them?
sorry for so many questions it is the last one :). Thanks

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Guys..ı checked my Ecas today and ıt says ın process...

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
ninakap30 said:
Guys..ı checked my Ecas today and ıt says ın process...
Grats Nina looks like you will be asked for PPR soon. This damn waiting is a nightmare, hope you hear from them soon. It could be nice if you update the spreadsheet which I have no idea how you do it. :)