+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mrs.KOR said:
We received our GCMS notes (dating Sept 24) it says that we passed the eligibility (passed Sept 9 - this is also the date we went "in process" on ecas) and medical assessments.

The last update on our file is the entry for the received document we had sent them (they requested an updated police certificate from us) and that was entered into the system on Sept 11.

So from Sept 11 until Sept 24 they haven't started the criminality and security assessments. Why is that any idea??? How long more are we going to wait, this is soooo difficult, I feel really down :( :( :(
Just checking back in with everyone.

Hang in there Mrs.KOR. With GCMS notes you will never see anything about the security assessment (as it is completed by other departments outside of the VO). As long as the main applicant's situation is straight forward it shouldn't take too long, but every case is different and unique.

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
Thanks Mrs.Korr, Its hard to believe that after 10 months of waiting with no news we finally get to hear something about our case and its making us so happy :)

Just a question im a bit confused in the email they asked for my husband to bring in more proof of our relationship and also for him to bring in his passport... is the passport standard procedure ? identification? or just hopeful dreaming here but would they ask him for it to issue the visa ? they haven't asked us yet to pay second portion of the payment,

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
em.ma said:
Thanks Mrs.Korr, Its hard to believe that after 10 months of waiting with no news we finally get to hear something about our case and its making us so happy :)

Just a question im a bit confused in the email they asked for my husband to bring in more proof of our relationship and also for him to bring in his passport... is the passport standard procedure ? identification? or just hopeful dreaming here but would they ask him for it to issue the visa ? they haven't asked us yet to pay second portion of the payment,
emma wish u the best...so do u lıve ın canada and ur husband ın Turkey?

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
em.ma said:

Em.ma, as far as I have read from other people who had interviews it is standard procedure - likely for identification purposes. Good luck to your husband. Make sure he is prepared to address any red flag issues. If there is time you can order GCMS notes, which may indicate why the interview was requested.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks SooMazi that's good to know. I was disappointed when I saw the Criminality and Security sections "not started" in our notes... That makes sense now..

I read the upsetting news today about the suspicious package that was sent to the Canadian Consulate in Istanbul which had some kind of powder inside. The consulate was evacuated. Thankfully none of the staff is harmed. In the news it says the Foreign Affairs Minister said "We've closed the mission until we can ensure the safety of all our employees." "The Canadian Embassy in Ankara is also closed, but that has been attributed to shortened Friday hours, and not any threat."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-consulate-in-istanbul-evacuated-after-suspicious-powder-found-1.2811446

I checked the embassy's website, there is no announcement about the Ankara office closure. I hope the the package was a prank and the substance found was no harm to anyone. And everything goes back to normal.

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
ninaka30 yes my husband is Turkish currently living there and im here all alone in Canada:)

Thanks SooMazi for the clarification i knew it was wishful thinking that they might issue the visa on that date:) i guess its lucky in a way after not hearing anything for so long we decided to order the notes last week and week after we got the interview email.

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
one more thing i forgot to ask should i pay the landing fees now or wait for them to request it? i dont want to seem like im jumping the gun but i also don't want to cause unnecessary delays later on,

arnina84

Sep 8, 2014
Hello Everybody,

I am planning to withdrwa my wife's application from the inland stream. It takes them at least 14 months to process it. I want to apply outland from Ankara. We are both in Canada and she can stay in Canada after her graduation from grad school and work here (a 3 years work permit is issuded for graduates after graduation) so she will have a status.

Do you think it is a good idea to withdraw the inland application?

Cheers

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
arnina84 said:
Hello Everybody,

I am planning to withdrwa my wife's application from the inland stream. It takes them at least 14 months to process it. I want to apply outland from Ankara. We are both in Canada and she can stay in Canada after her graduation from grad school and work here (a 3 years work permit is issuded for graduates after graduation) so she will have a status.

Do you think it is a good idea to withdraw the inland application?

Cheers
Hi arnina84,
Yes it is a very good option to apply outland even though your wife is already in Canada. Previous forum members have also done this (both Iranian and Turkish) successfully. Have you just submitted your inland docs or have you already been waiting a while? Remember though if there is an interview requested your wife may have to travel to Ankara for it. But applying outland is a much faster option.

Pooya_NP

Apr 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,

My wife arrived on Friday and I'm so excited to have her here. We applied on 25th April, got PPR request on 25th Sep and and she landed on the 24th of October. We liked the number 25th! :p

I wanted to thank everyone for their support, knowledge and help. It is much appreciated.

I hope to have everyone application come through as soon as tomorrow! :)

Many thanks again,
A+P

Allan_fgh

Dec 7, 2012
Congrad Pooya!! :)

Can I ask everyone to update the Excel file so we know where the Ankara office application cases are at the moment!

Thnkx!

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Re: :(

Yeah, and I don't think anything will happen this week. Tomorrow (Sept 29) is public holiday and the embassy will be closed.

bk12 said:
in last 2-3 weeks there is no change in "in process" and "PPR"s :(

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
So apparently this was a prank - how mean! The yellow powder is identified and it was "chalk dust"! Thankfully it wasn't anything bad.
Istanbul consulate will re-open Thursday. I am not sure if Ankara too was closed during this time - but they all should be back to business on Thursday :)

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/canada-reopening-consulate-in-istanbul-after-chalk-dust-identified-1.2074649

Mrs.KOR said:
I read the upsetting news today about the suspicious package that was sent to the Canadian Consulate in Istanbul which had some kind of powder inside. The consulate was evacuated. Thankfully none of the staff is harmed. In the news it says the Foreign Affairs Minister said "We've closed the mission until we can ensure the safety of all our employees." "The Canadian Embassy in Ankara is also closed, but that has been attributed to shortened Friday hours, and not any threat."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-consulate-in-istanbul-evacuated-after-suspicious-powder-found-1.2811446

I checked the embassy's website, there is no announcement about the Ankara office closure. I hope the the package was a prank and the substance found was no harm to anyone. And everything goes back to normal.