+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
elllham said:
My husband's 2nd medical will expire in August. He has spent $600 on medicals so far. If they r not finalizing his application then why did they ask for renewal of medical tests? It will be 21 months in may for us. I'm gonna ask for my mp's help if we don't hear anything by then. They have to do something. I won't just say ok and wait. They have to do their jobs well. We have to fight for our rights. They are being very mean to us and it's not fair. They can't make excuses like" security check takes longer for Iraq " . If it does then why did they start it after month 17? Does checking the relationship take longer for Iraqis too or what? It's all excuses to separate couples for a long time so that the one in Canada just leave or they get divorced. It's very very unfair and discriminatory.
I cannot agree with you more elllham.
Do they not realize how hard this is on families?
I have been actually thinking, if we can get a group of people whose applications are taking this long and we should all go to Ottawa in front of the Parliament and protest or do something.
My application has been taking more than 24 months and it really is unfair.
If we can get a big group of people who are all willing to do this, it might do something.
Since the MP is limited on what they can do, and no one can help us or do anything, let's give it a try.
Let me know what you guys think.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
fjay said:
I have been actually thinking, if we can get a group of people whose applications are taking this long and we should all go to Ottawa in front of the Parliament and protest or do something.
If we can get a big group of people who are all willing to do this, it might do something.
Since the MP is limited on what they can do, and no one can help us or do anything, let's give it a try.
I also agree that we need to do something. Let's find out what the best thing to do is. We can't just sit and wait for them to ruin our lives. We don't deserve this. We have to get our rights.
I can't even think of getting a permanent job in Canada because I have to go stay with my husband at least 2 months a year. Relationships don't work this way. Where do you guys live? I live in Toronto.

Frogandlove

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
26-06-2014
AOR Received.
06-10-2014
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
I also agree with you guys my application has been now 34 months since 2014 until now nothing go through this is not fair I have a a baby seven months old and I'm alone need help from my husband please guys do something ... :-[ :-[ :-[

Frogandlove

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
26-06-2014
AOR Received.
06-10-2014
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Frogandlove said:
I also agree with you guys my application has been now 34 months since 2014 until now nothing go through this is not fair I have a a baby seven months old and I'm alone need help from my husband please guys do something ... :-[ :-[ :-[
Elham hun I live in Mississauga but now I'm with my husband cause he didn't see the baby

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Frogandlove said:
Elham hun I live in Mississauga but now I'm with my husband cause he didn't see the baby
That's terrible. What is the problem? What do they say?
I'm gonna go and talk to my mp himself at the end of April. I'm gonna see what he can do

boubou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fjay said:
I'm on the same boat as you guys! I am sponsoring my husband from Iraq and we submit the application on March 2015. Two years later, it is still processing. For the first year and a half, the application was in Amman, Jordan. It was sitting there for a WHOLE YEAR AND A HALF and no one touched it! Then they transferred it to Romania, Bucharest. They requested his SECOND medical in August 2016, and since then they have just been asking for more and more information. His medical will expire in 4 months, and i think he will have to do a third one! Although we sent them everything, and I hired a lawyer from the beginning, they keep sending us emails to ask for things. It is really hard and frustrating. They say it is undergoing security check, which started in November, so almost 20 months after we submit the application.
I have a friend who submit her application to sponsor her husband from Iraq also, she submit it on August, 2016 and her husband got his visa on December, 2016. So her process took only 5 months.
I just feel so hopeless honestly :(
My husband is an iraqi refugee in europe for years , he did the mandatory army in iraq so this will make his BGC take forever... they keep asking for more military history!

Did your friend's spouse had any military service experience? Was the app in Burcherst??

I have told everybody here to get together and go to ottawa in order to report this unfair treatment...
You have been waiting longer then i do ( 1 year and a month)
Applicants from Philippines r getting PR in less than 3-5 mos..

MP is useless

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
elllham said:
I also agree that we need to do something. Let's find out what the best thing to do is. We can't just sit and wait for them to ruin our lives. We don't deserve this. We have to get our rights.
I can't even think of getting a permanent job in Canada because I have to go stay with my husband at least 2 months a year. Relationships don't work this way. Where do you guys live? I live in Toronto.
I live in Toronto too!
Honestly, my kids have not seen their dad for more than a year, and my husband has not even met our 6 month old baby yet. We sent them a letter explaining all of this and i dont think it makes a difference :(
I just dont understand how some background checks take a month, and other years.
IF we can get a big group of people to meet at the Parliament or something, it might make a difference. Our applications have been taking years anyway. So I don't think it would hurt to try.
Every day when I wake up in the morning I think "Maybe today", and it passes by just another day. I feel so depressed because my husband is alone in Iraq and I'm taking care of our 3 kids here. This whole situation is depressing and never-ending.

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Frogandlove said:
Same here. I have a 6 month old and my husband has not seen him yet.
Wow 34 months! I feel so hopeless now :( Mine has been more than 24 months. Did they say why its taking so long? Where does your husband live?
My application is stuck at background check.
Listen, honestly lets make a Whatsapp group and talk about this because it would be easier.

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
boubou said:
My husband is an iraqi refugee in europe for years , he did the mandatory army in iraq so this will make his BGC take forever... they keep asking for more military history!

Did your friend's spouse had any military service experience? Was the app in Burcherst??

I have told everybody here to get together and go to ottawa in order to report this unfair treatment...
You have been waiting longer then i do ( 1 year and a month)
Applicants from Philippines r getting PR in less than 3-5 mos..

MP is useless

I agree MP can't do much.
Let's make a whatapp group and get a big number of people to join so we can do something!

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
fjay said:
Hey Elham,
if you are interested in the Whatsapp group, please inbox me your number and whoever else is interested can also inbox me their numbers.
We want to get a big group that is willing to travel to Ottatwa and do something about this.
Please inbox me if interested, and also let others know . Especially people who have been waiting long like us.
The sooner the better
I'm gonna keep announcing incase some dont see this post so we get a big number of people to join.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
I called my mp's office today and they said the problem is that your husband lives in Iraq. That's why it's taking so long. I asked: Is it gonna be finalized in 21 months? (It's been 19 months and 10 days so far) they said there's no guarantee, that's the average processing time for Iraq. I said who can I complain to and she said you can't do anything. I said they started the background check 17 months after the application was received.why so late and she said You can't tell the officers how to do their jobs. She actually got mad.I said I just wanna know how long because I don't know what to do with my life. I can't even get a permanent job because I have to keep going back and forth . I'm going to go and stay with my husband for 4 months in May . I still have to pay my rent and can't work . All my savings is gone. It's a miserable life.

boubou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elllham said:
I called my mp's office today and they said the problem is that your husband lives in Iraq. That's why it's taking so long. I asked: Is it gonna be finalized in 21 months? (It's been 19 months and 10 days so far) they said there's no guarantee, that's the average processing time for Iraq. I said who can I complain to and she said you can't do anything. I said they started the background check 17 months after the application was received.why so late and she said You can't tell the officers how to do their jobs. She actually got mad.I said I just wanna know how long because I don't know what to do with my life. I can't even get a permanent job because I have to keep going back and forth . I'm going to go and stay with my husband for 4 months in May . I still have to pay my rent and can't work . All my savings is gone. It's a miserable life.
Most of MPS don't care much about our lives.... We can't even start a family or plan anything.
there are many applicants from Iraq why would it take that long for your husband's BC? how did they all Syrians pass the BGC process?

Frogandlove

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
26-06-2014
AOR Received.
06-10-2014
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
elllham said:
That's terrible. What is the problem? What do they say?
I'm gonna go and talk to my mp himself at the end of April. I'm gonna see what he can do
I really don't know I send msg to the embassy they say it's take time so I have to wait but don't trust mp cuz I contact so many of them one of them said my husband will get his ppr in 2015 and we r in 2017 but nothing happened and one of them said if my husband in Iraq will help me cuz its dangerous there and my husband went to Iraq they said no if he is out of Iraq it's work so I'm getting so tired and I don't trust anyone anymore we can't start normal live and work cuz of that situation god help us

Frogandlove

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
26-06-2014
AOR Received.
06-10-2014
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
fjay said:
Same here. I have a 6 month old and my husband has not seen him yet.
Wow 34 months! I feel so hopeless now :( Mine has been more than 24 months. Did they say why its taking so long? Where does your husband live?
My application is stuck at background check.
Listen, honestly lets make a Whatsapp group and talk about this because it would be easier.
Ok Hun I agree let's do what'sup

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Are you guys aware that the processing time is 19 months now. We have all passed the processing time. Now whattttt???????