+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
Are you guys aware that the processing time is 19 months now. We have all passed the processing time. Now whattttt???????
I just emailed Bucharest office. Let's see what they say

ksa1385

May 21, 2016
hello every one for mine there isn't any thing untill now but i sent an email to them for asking timeline and their reply was :
For information on processing times, please refer to the following website:

The above page indicates that the majority (at least 80%) of applications for sponsorship of Iraqi-national spouses, residing outside of Canada, for whom sponsorship applications have not yet been submitted are finalized within 12 months. This falls within the global service standard set by IRCC for all spousal sponsorship applications (for all nationalities).

The processing of certain applications of Iraqi nationals applying for permanent residence in Canada was transferred from the visa office in Amman to the visa office in Bucharest last year specifically in order to expedite their processing by shifting the files to an office with a greater capacity to process them. Since our office began receiving these files, just under one year ago, we have been able to finalize the majority of the applications within less than 12 months. There are, however, a small number of applications which are taking longer to finalize, for certain reasons specific to those files. All applicants for permanent residence are subject to medical screening, criminal record screening, and security screening. The length of these screening processes may take more or less time for different files depending on the particular circumstances of each case. In order to avoid unnecessary delays in processing, we would advise that you and the applicant provide us with a valid e-mail address on the application, follow the instructions carefully, provide all of the requested items, and respond promptly to requests for any additional documents/items.

For more tips on how to avoid delays in the processing of the application, please see the following suggestions, taken from the IRCC website:
How can I avoid delays or refusals in processing my application?
To help avoid delays or a refusal, make sure that you:

carefully read the application guide for your immigration category and follow the instructions;
properly fill out, sign and date the application form(s);
include all the required documents as indicated on the application checklist;
pay the right fee using the correct method of payment;
include the payment with your application; and
double-check your application before submitting it.
Things that can cause delays:

Your medical and security screening takes longer than usual
We need to interview you
You communicate with us by mail instead of using an online account
You don’t respond to our requests for information quickly
High numbers of applications
I hope that this has answered your questions,

Kind regards,

Embassy of Canada to Romania, Bulgaria, and Moldova
Ambassade du Canada en Roumanie, Bulgarie et Moldova
Ambasada Canadei în România, Bulgaria și Republica Moldova
Посолство на Канада в Румъния, България и Молдова
Strada Tuberozelor 1-3, București, 011411, România
bucstimmigration@international.gc.ca
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
It still says nothing about how much longer it's gonna take. My husband's application is in the security check process for 3 months now and still nothing. He has no red flags and he's been living and working in Erbil for 4 years and before that he worked in Basra for 3 years. It's not a complicated case. I emailed Bucharest 2 weeks ago and they haven't answered yet. How long does it usually take them to answer?

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
elllham said:
It still says nothing about how much longer it's gonna take. My husband's application is in the security check process for 3 months now and still nothing. He has no red flags and he's been living and working in Erbil for 4 years and before that he worked in Basra for 3 years. It's not a complicated case. I emailed Bucharest 2 weeks ago and they haven't answered yet. How long does it usually take them to answer?
hi Elham. They usually answer back within a few days if you put Urgent under the subject line. Thry say now that thry will finalize 80 of the application by December 2017. There is nothing we can do except to wait. May God help us all.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
hi Elham. They usually answer back within a few days if you put Urgent under the subject line. Thry say now that thry will finalize 80 of the application by December 2017. There is nothing we can do except to wait. May God help us all.
I put urgent as the subject and it's been 16 days and no reply yet

boubou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed them 2 months ago and never got a response

This is the email address I used BUCSTIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Hello guys مرحبا
As you said, most Amman Vo applications are transferred to Bucharest (Spousal). what about amman VO applications for CSQ and PNP? where are they transferred?

ksa1385

May 21, 2016
nothing yet for me ,but in my opinion there is problem in system of Bvo ' i ask my self why our application is suspended there more than a year or even more than 2 years .. it is incredible that our application is under medical screening or criminal screening for months i can't belive it never

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
It still says nothing about how much longer it's gonna take. My husband's application is in the security check process for 3 months now and still nothing. He has no red flags and he's been living and working in Erbil for 4 years and before that he worked in Basra for 3 years. It's not a complicated case. I emailed Bucharest 2 weeks ago and they haven't answered yet. How long does it usually take them to answer?[/

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
hello every one for mine there isn't any thing untill now but i sent an email to them for asking timeline and their reply was :
For information on processing times, please refer to the following website:

The above page indicates that the majority (at least 80%) of applications for sponsorship of Iraqi-national spouses, residing outside of Canada, for whom sponsorship applications have not yet been submitted are finalized within 12 months. This falls within the global service standard set by IRCC for all spousal sponsorship applications (for all nationalities).

The processing of certain applications of Iraqi nationals applying for permanent residence in Canada was transferred from the visa office in Amman to the visa office in Bucharest last year specifically in order to expedite their processing by shifting the files to an office with a greater capacity to process them. Since our office began receiving these files, just under one year ago, we have been able to finalize the majority of the applications within less than 12 months. There are, however, a small number of applications which are taking longer to finalize, for certain reasons specific to those files. All applicants for permanent residence are subject to medical screening, criminal record screening, and security screening. The length of these screening processes may take more or less time for different files depending on the particular circumstances of each case. In order to avoid unnecessary delays in processing, we would advise that you and the applicant provide us with a valid e-mail address on the application, follow the instructions carefully, provide all of the requested items, and respond promptly to requests for any additional documents/items.

For more tips on how to avoid delays in the processing of the application, please see the following suggestions, taken from the IRCC website:
How can I avoid delays or refusals in processing my application?
To help avoid delays or a refusal, make sure that you:

carefully read the application guide for your immigration category and follow the instructions;
properly fill out, sign and date the application form(s);
include all the required documents as indicated on the application checklist;
pay the right fee using the correct method of payment;
include the payment with your application; and
double-check your application before submitting it.
Things that can cause delays:

Your medical and security screening takes longer than usual
We need to interview you
You communicate with us by mail instead of using an online account
You don’t respond to our requests for information quickly
High numbers of applications
I hope that this has answered your questions,

Kind regards,

Embassy of Canada to Romania, Bulgaria, and Moldova
Ambassade du Canada en Roumanie, Bulgarie et Moldova
Ambasada Canadei în România, Bulgaria și Republica Moldova
Посолство на Канада в Румъния, България и Молдова
Strada Tuberozelor 1-3, București, 011411, România
bucstimmigration@international.gc.ca
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
QUOTE]

Hey
When did you apply and what country are you sponsoring from? My file was also in amman for a year and a half and then they transferred it Bucharest . My application has been processing for 27 months. Im sponsoring my husband from Iraq