+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

boubou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you order your notes?

Did you notice that they have changed the explanation of each category in the mycic account!! Now its with a bit more details....

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
I feel your frustration honestly. Im going crazy too!! Last week the processing time was 20 months so she sent an email to the immigration to let them know that she already completed the 20 months. They replied saying that her security check is still in process and that she has to wait. But now the processing time is 21 months. She will complete 21 months soon. So let's see what happens. I hope it won't be much longer cuz im so depressed
Please let us know if they get ppr. I can't imagine waiting longer than the processing times
Nobody really does anything for you, you just have to wait not knowing when it will end. I think they increased the processing times because some people's files were not done being processed.
I don't understand it. They finished everything on November 10,2016 in our case. But they started security check on January 26,2017. They did nothing for 2.5 months. Why?
The same office is processing Romanian and Bulgarian applications in 3-6 months and they don't have time for us??? We've been waiting for so long and their applications get to be processed? Can't they wait just a little longer so that they finish our applications first? Isn't this obvious racial discrimination?

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
Second medical was done back in November 2016 along with police certificate. Still waiting impatiently
Do u know when your friend did second medicals?
My husband did the second medicals in August 2016( they requested it). The visa will have an expiry date same as the medical date. They have to give ppl time to move to Canada. They can't give you a visa that expires in a month. In your case they finished everything but security check and right after they finished The status of your security check changed to "in process ". In my husband's case they finished everything else in November 10 but they did nothing until January 26 when they started the security check. When did u apply? From Iraq az well, right?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Nassersamin said:
Hello peeps,

My wife is sponsoring me and she is currently in canada and i am in Jordan, we received an email from cic that they recite our application on December 23rd, and then we received another email that our application is in process on January 10th 2017, i am a bit worried that I we didn't receive any other email till today specially the SA . Any help please

Good luck to all
In any of the letters, did they say the file was being transferred to a visa office? or mention any visa office that was processing your file?

C.

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
My friend did her Medical back in September 2016. Her security check started mid November 2016. Her swcurity check has been in process for the past 4 months and she ia going to complete 21 months on March 25, 2017. She sent them an email and they replied saying that her security is still in process.

I know someone elses security check that has been in process for the past 6 months and she is going to complete 20 months next week. No answer. These girls are both sponsoring their husband's from Erbil. I don't know how lomg this damn security check takes. This is crazy. Their file was also transferred to Bucharest back in Feb 2016.

The processing time at the moment is 21 months. I am not going to expect my husband anytime soon. I am so sorry guys I am not telling you all this to stress you out but honestly it is the truth. It has to do with the final stage which is the security check. I thought the average processing time for the security check was 4-6 months. I guess it depends for each insividual. I will definelty keep you updated as soon as they get an answer. Im stepping into 20 months myself very soon.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
My friend did her Medical back in September 2016. Her security check started mid November 2016. Her swcurity check has been in process for the past 4 months and she ia going to complete 21 months on March 25, 2017. She sent them an email and they replied saying that her security is still in process.

I know someone elses security check that has been in process for the past 6 months and she is going to complete 20 months next week. No answer. These girls are both sponsoring their husband's from Erbil. I don't know how lomg this damn security check takes. This is crazy. Their file was also transferred to Bucharest back in Feb 2016.

The processing time at the moment is 21 months. I am not going to expect my husband anytime soon. I am so sorry guys I am not telling you all this to stress you out but honestly it is the truth. It has to do with the final stage which is the security check. I thought the average processing time for the security check was 4-6 months. I guess it depends for each insividual. I will definelty keep you updated as soon as they get an answer. Im stepping into 20 months myself very soon.
My husband also lives in Erbil, so I guess we won't hear anything anytime soon. Tomorrow it will be 19 months and we'll step into month 20. Thanks for the information. We shouldn't be that optimistic anymore.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Any news? Does anyone know a person who got ppr lately and the sponsored person lives in Iraq?
It's been 19 months and 6 days today and nothing

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Hey Elham, I am also into 19 months. Im so sorry darling no news yet. It is so strange. The only thing I notice is that on the immigration site it is mentioned that thry are working to finalize the application received before December 07, 2016 by December 2017. Everyone's security check is in process and they are trying to do those checks for everyone at the same time I guess. We should get an answer maybe this summer or sooner insha Allah and if no answer at all, we should definetly get it by December 2017. I know it sounds frustrating but what can we do. We gotta stay positive my darling and pray to God that this waiting time will be over.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
Hey Elham, I am also into 19 months. Im so sorry darling no news yet. It is so strange. The only thing I notice is that on the immigration site it is mentioned that thry are working to finalize the application received before December 07, 2016 by December 2017. Everyone's security check is in process and they are trying to do those checks for everyone at the same time I guess. We should get an answer maybe this summer or sooner insha Allah and if no answer at all, we should definetly get it by December 2017. I know it sounds frustrating but what can we do. We gotta stay positive my darling and pray to God that this waiting time will be over.
My husband's 2nd medical will expire in August. He has spent $600 on medicals so far. If they r not finalizing his application then why did they ask for renewal of medical tests? It will be 21 months in may for us. I'm gonna ask for my mp's help if we don't hear anything by then. They have to do something. I won't just say ok and wait. They have to do their jobs well. We have to fight for our rights. They are being very mean to us and it's not fair. They can't make excuses like" security check takes longer for Iraq " . If it does then why did they start it after month 17? Does checking the relationship take longer for Iraqis too or what? It's all excuses to separate couples for a long time so that the one in Canada just leave or they get divorced. It's very very unfair and discriminatory.

ksa1385

May 21, 2016
hello everyone
next week will be one year since my case sent to bucharest to sponsor my wife unfortunately no one really know when will the Vo of bucharest finish our application and what are they doing ? i didn't receive any letter from embassy till now my status is in process but left one is in decision made i told my mp about my case almost 2 months ago and he sent a letter for them which their response was we are working on her's application and we will correspond with her as soon as possible but nothing new untill now . is there any one get news or get visa from them. thx

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
ksa1385 said:
hello everyone
next week will be one year since my case sent to bucharest to sponsor my wife unfortunately no one really know when will the Vo of bucharest finish our application and what are they doing ? i didn't receive any letter from embassy till now my status is in process but left one is in decision made i told my mp about my case almost 2 months ago and he sent a letter for them which their response was we are working on her's application and we will correspond with her as soon as possible but nothing new untill now . is there any one get news or get visa from them. thx
Since you are sponsoring your wife, it shouldn't take as long as it's taking for us hopefully.

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
elllham said:
Please let us know if they get ppr. I can't imagine waiting longer than the processing times
Nobody really does anything for you, you just have to wait not knowing when it will end. I think they increased the processing times because some people's files were not done being processed.
I don't understand it. They finished everything on November 10,2016 in our case. But they started security check on January 26,2017. They did nothing for 2.5 months. Why?
The same office is processing Romanian and Bulgarian applications in 3-6 months and they don't have time for us??? We've been waiting for so long and their applications get to be processed? Can't they wait just a little longer so that they finish our applications first? Isn't this obvious racial discrimination?

I'm on the same boat as you guys! I am sponsoring my husband from Iraq and we submit the application on March 2015. Two years later, it is still processing. For the first year and a half, the application was in Amman, Jordan. It was sitting there for a WHOLE YEAR AND A HALF and no one touched it! Then they transferred it to Romania, Bucharest. They requested his SECOND medical in August 2016, and since then they have just been asking for more and more information. His medical will expire in 4 months, and i think he will have to do a third one! Although we sent them everything, and I hired a lawyer from the beginning, they keep sending us emails to ask for things. It is really hard and frustrating. They say it is undergoing security check, which started in November, so almost 20 months after we submit the application.
I have a friend who submit her application to sponsor her husband from Iraq also, she submit it on August, 2016 and her husband got his visa on December, 2016. So her process took only 5 months.
I just feel so hopeless honestly :(