+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AMITY UNIVERSITY WES NOT RECOGNISED

prateek117

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Also prateek could you please help me if you sent ur transcripts yourself or by instituition directly? And how did you include the letter of recognition in it?
I sent myself ,, app document in one packet. In case of iqas,, there is space at back of application for explanation,, so i explained that my recognition status is not clear online, so m sending these extra docs

rakam18

Aug 2, 2018
go for IQAS... do not ever try WES
Sabir Ji,

I saw ur comment on another post regarding Amity school of distance learning.
I want to do PGD 1 year online course from ASODL and not sure if IQAS will evaluate this. did u take course n exam in online mode? what was ur IQAS result Canadian equivalency? plz plz nder ur input and can u share ur email I'd to give me some help in this regard? thanks a ton for it time n effort.

shaha21

Dec 7, 2018
Hi All,

I have finally received my IQAS for MBA(2 years) Distance Education from Amity University. And it says equivalent to Masters Degree.
For all students who are pass out from Amity University can go for IQAS and they need 2 documents
1. Certificate of recognition from Amity University issued by registrar or Director(This will have UGC letter no. for recognition)
2. Get copy of letters from UGC, go to UGC office and get the letter of recognition for the year, you took admission.

Send these along with IQAS application, and you will get it done.
Hi prateek117,

1] I'm currently doing a Postgraduate diploma from Amity University Online. It's a one year course. Admission year is 2018. I will get the provisional degree certificate in March 2019. Will IQAS recognise this? If I send the letter of recognition of UGC from Amity University, will that be good proof?

2] What was the year of admission for your course? How does the year of admission matter? Would you be able to email me the letter of recognition amity gave you and the one ugc gave you? I'm from Maharashtra so won't be able to go to UGC.

3] Can you mention the exact steps you took for sending the transacripts to IQAS directly from University as IQAS wants the university to send them degree and transcripts directly. How did you put in the request to send transcripts to IQAS? Did you put the transcripts and letters in envelop yourself and sealed it?

I'm stuck because I just have canadian bachelor's degree equivalency from WES (already done evaluation and was thinking of adding amity university online diploma to my evaluation but now I'll have to do a fresh evaluation from IQAS) and not meeting the points yet. I need a one year further study to get points for two or more certificates.

Thanks a ton for all your help!

prateek117

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Hi prateek117,

1] I'm currently doing a Postgraduate diploma from Amity University Online. It's a one year course. Admission year is 2018. I will get the provisional degree certificate in March 2019. Will IQAS recognise this? If I send the letter of recognition of UGC from Amity University, will that be good proof?

2] What was the year of admission for your course? How does the year of admission matter? Would you be able to email me the letter of recognition amity gave you and the one ugc gave you? I'm from Maharashtra so won't be able to go to UGC.

3] Can you mention the exact steps you took for sending the transacripts to IQAS directly from University as IQAS wants the university to send them degree and transcripts directly. How did you put in the request to send transcripts to IQAS? Did you put the transcripts and letters in envelop yourself and sealed it?

I'm stuck because I just have canadian bachelor's degree equivalency from WES (already done evaluation and was thinking of adding amity university online diploma to my evaluation but now I'll have to do a fresh evaluation from IQAS) and not meeting the points yet. I need a one year further study to get points for two or more certificates.

Thanks a ton for all your help!
1. Acceptance of your diploma, does not give guarantee that you would have evaluation to Master's or dual degree. This totally depends upon your bachelor's course. And, for recognition, please check with UGC and look for the letter which confirm the recognition of your course. Although, many of the notices are on their website.

2. I cannot disclose my year of admission, but I have a letter from UGC, which confirms that any admission taken for that year for distance learning courses are recognized. I cannot email you that letter. But for sample letter, just google UGC recognition letter to symboysis, you will get that easily as a reference.

3. Get transcripts for both bachelor and masters. keep it sealed. and check of rest of docs on iqas website, they require few photocopies of degree, marksheet, passport and there is application form. Keep it all in 1 single envelope.

Evaluation result, depends firstly upon your bachelor, then on your diploma, masters for getting more points,, but it a lot depends upon bachelors, like 3 years bachelor+1 year diploma= bachelor degree,, many times,, not always

shaha21

Dec 7, 2018
1. Acceptance of your diploma, does not give guarantee that you would have evaluation to Master's or dual degree. This totally depends upon your bachelor's course. And, for recognition, please check with UGC and look for the letter which confirm the recognition of your course. Although, many of the notices are on their website.

2. I cannot disclose my year of admission, but I have a letter from UGC, which confirms that any admission taken for that year for distance learning courses are recognized. I cannot email you that letter. But for sample letter, just google UGC recognition letter to symboysis, you will get that easily as a reference.

3. Get transcripts for both bachelor and masters. keep it sealed. and check of rest of docs on iqas website, they require few photocopies of degree, marksheet, passport and there is application form. Keep it all in 1 single envelope.

Evaluation result, depends firstly upon your bachelor, then on your diploma, masters for getting more points,, but it a lot depends upon bachelors, like 3 years bachelor+1 year diploma= bachelor degree,, many times,, not always
Hi prateek117,

Thanks for the reply.

WES Canada has given me 4 years equivalency for my bachelors degree. I also have a post graduate diploma in business for which amity has given me Postgraduate diploma (one Semester) credit. I was planning to use my Amity Distance Education diploma to get further credits but Amity online is not recognised by wes canada as per many threads which is why I will apply to IQAS. My admission year is 2018-19 and I don't see Amity Distance Courses in UGC DEB website but Amity University full time programs is UGC recognised.

Amity Distance was recognised in 2015 when UGC DEC was there. Then it was dissolved and UGC DEB was made and out of no where it just de-recognised a lot of institutions in later half of 2018 and many of these are state universities whose distance education programs were running properly for many years. There was no reason to de-list them unless these universities just refused to pay up bribes.

For that matter, many state universities are missing for the list like mumbai, kolkatta, osmania etc. It would be crazy if these state universities are not recognised just because they aren't in UGC DEB list. I feel that UGC DEB is just another scam to get bribes from universities and many of these state and central universities have just refused to pay up to get recognition leaving students messed up. Courses like MCOM, any diploma in business etc can be done from anywhere. These don't require any monitoring. It's just retarded. There are some really shit universities in that UGC DEB list.

I don't see any point in universities submitting an application every year or every 5 years for recognition of the same courses which have been running since eons under distance mode.

Reactions: God bless you

God bless you

Dec 24, 2018
Hi prateek117,

Thanks for the reply.

WES Canada has given me 4 years equivalency for my bachelors degree. I also have a post graduate diploma in business for which amity has given me Postgraduate diploma (one Semester) credit. I was planning to use my Amity Distance Education diploma to get further credits but Amity online is not recognised by wes canada as per many threads which is why I will apply to IQAS. My admission year is 2018-19 and I don't see Amity Distance Courses in UGC DEB website but Amity University full time programs is UGC recognised.

Amity Distance was recognised in 2015 when UGC DEC was there. Then it was dissolved and UGC DEB was made and out of no where it just de-recognised a lot of institutions in later half of 2018 and many of these are state universities whose distance education programs were running properly for many years. There was no reason to de-list them unless these universities just refused to pay up bribes.

For that matter, many state universities are missing for the list like mumbai, kolkatta, osmania etc. It would be crazy if these state universities are not recognised just because they aren't in UGC DEB list. I feel that UGC DEB is just another scam to get bribes from universities and many of these state and central universities have just refused to pay up to get recognition leaving students messed up. Courses like MCOM, any diploma in business etc can be done from anywhere. These don't require any monitoring. It's just retarded. There are some really shit universities in that UGC DEB list.

I don't see any point in universities submitting an application every year or every 5 years for recognition of the same courses which have been running since eons under distance mode.

Hi Shaha, even I am in the same boat. Not sure if I should go ahead with the one year post graduate diploma from amity university. Please assist how to move forward. Thanks.

God bless you

Dec 24, 2018
Anybody got any updates regarding amity distance post graduate one year course for 2018-19 batch? I am sure it won’t be accepted by WES but will it still be accepted by IQAS? Please let me know as I am going to get enrolled for the course soon. Any quick help from anyone will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

God bless you

Dec 24, 2018
Also since I am new to this group, needed some assistance. I completed by Bcom from Mumbai university and got a second class. Besides this I have one year post graduation diploma from a recognised university. Wanted to know if it is advisable to go ahead with the WES evaluation or would doing another post graduation distance course would put my into two or more degree or diploma category. Please help. Thanks.

danishazami

Jan 27, 2019
Hi Shaha, even I am in the same boat. Not sure if I should go ahead with the one year post graduate diploma from amity university. Please assist how to move forward. Thanks.
Did you get this figured out?
Looks like a lot of folks are actually in the same boat (including me).
Still not sure if a PGDM from AMITY university online would help.

If anyone has any insight on any of this, please do share.

Thanks!

Dia@12

Apr 14, 2019
Hi,

I just received my evaluation today from WES for MBA from Amity University. It says Institution is not recognized. Please don't waste your time and money for evaluation from WES.

Also, I am in the status to get my MBA evaluated from some other organization, if you feel you can connect with me.
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA IF MBA FROM AMITY UNIVERSITY DUBAI IS RECOGNIZED BY WES?

THANK YOU