+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I in the super super long security check?

ss.sharnaly

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
I just checked the IRCC tracker and saw all of the biometrics, medical exam, and eligibility are Completed, but background verification is 'In Process'.
Then I check the F12 console and get Security actStatus = 17
Does this mean I'm under that very very long security screening, which can take months to years?

About my background.
BC PNP Inland
Chinese
Canadian University - Computer Science
All work histories are in Canada
No travel history in other countries

I understand my major is sensitive, and has a higher chance of being 'selected'.
Does this happen to everyone or just me the 'lucky' guy?

Any help is appreciated.
In my console , there is nothing about security/ actstatus. Does it mean my background check has not been started?

gurc

Jan 16, 2024
Yes. I contacted my local MP. All they were able to confirm is that the background check was being done by CBSA not IRCC. There's no communication on that end at all. Just waiting
Brother Its been 28 months since I applied my PR application. 8 Months since they started my security check. Its so depressing

• Wow
Reactions: _V_K_

saimkaka

Mar 9, 2024
Same as yours, any update on your application

I just checked the IRCC tracker and saw all of the biometrics, medical exam, and eligibility are Completed, but background verification is 'In Process'.
Then I check the F12 console and get Security actStatus = 17
Does this mean I'm under that very very long security screening, which can take months to years?

About my background.
BC PNP Inland
Chinese
Canadian University - Computer Science
All work histories are in Canada
No travel history in other countries

I understand my major is sensitive, and has a higher chance of being 'selected'.
Does this happen to everyone or just me the 'lucky' guy?

Any help is appreciated.