+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I in the super super long security check?

Eric F

Aug 9, 2023
I just checked the IRCC tracker and saw all of the biometrics, medical exam, and eligibility are Completed, but background verification is 'In Process'.
Then I check the F12 console and get Security actStatus = 17
Does this mean I'm under that very very long security screening, which can take months to years?

About my background.
BC PNP Inland
Chinese
Canadian University - Computer Science
All work histories are in Canada
No travel history in other countries

I understand my major is sensitive, and has a higher chance of being 'selected'.
Does this happen to everyone or just me the 'lucky' guy?

Any help is appreciated.

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
I just checked the IRCC tracker and saw all of the biometrics, medical exam, and eligibility are Completed, but background verification is 'In Process'.
Does this mean I'm under that very very long security screening, which can take months to years?

About my background.
BC PNP Inland
Chinese

I understand my major is sensitive, and has a higher chance of being 'selected'.

Any help is appreciated.
When did your security screening start?

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023

About my background.
BC PNP Inland
Chinese

Any help is appreciated.
Mine was >9 months. Nothing you can do. Even MP didn't help. Probably the application is being screened by CSIS or CBSA. They have no deadlines or communication.

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
Mine was >9 months. Nothing you can do. Even MP didn't help. Probably the application is being screened by CSIS or CBSA. They have no deadlines or communication.
You were also in comprehensive check?

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
You were also in comprehensive check?
Yes. I contacted my local MP. All they were able to confirm is that the background check was being done by CBSA not IRCC. There's no communication on that end at all. Just waiting

Reactions: gurc

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
Yes. I contacted my local MP. All they were able to confirm is that the background check was being done by CBSA not IRCC. There's no communication on that end at all. Just waiting
What was your AR? And when did ur security start and end?

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
What was your AR? And when did ur security start and end?
My background check started in mid-September 2022 and only got complete some time in August 2023. The final approval email came in a few days after the background check was complete.

If AR you were asking about is the Acknowledge of Receival, I got it some time in July 2022 a few days after I mailed my documents to IRCC

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
My background check started in mid-September 2022 and only got complete some time in August 2023. The final approval email came in a few days after the background check was complete.

If AR you were asking about is the Acknowledge of Receival, I got it some time in July 2022 a few days after I mailed my documents to IRCC
It’s good to hear that, at-least they finish the security check even though they take some time. This gives some hope.
By AR I meant the day you submitted your application to IRCC.

Reactions: _V_K_

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
It’s good to hear that, at-least they finish the security check even though they take some time. This gives some hope.
By AR I meant the day you submitted your application to IRCC.
Yes. The wait is painful but it’s not forever. I mailed my paper inland application last day of July 2022. The confirmation I received from IRCC came in two weeks after so I could see my application online. Hope it helps. Wishing you all the best with your application. Hope you’ll get the confirmation soon.

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022

About my background.
BC PNP Inland
Chinese

Any help is appreciated.
For the a single inland applicant, security screening varies from 9 - 18 months in general (this is referred to when you started security rather than AOR date).
While there are several complex scenarios that may take longer such as 2 years. (This does not happen often for the inland applicants).

zhshi0412

Jun 5, 2023
Hi. We almost have the same background. I'm also Chinese, cs student, studied in both Canada and China (business major in non-sensitive school), no work experience in China and no travel experiences. My security check started in Dec, 2023. I'm also very anxious.

apollonoob

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
M
Hi. We almost have the same background. I'm also Chinese, cs student, studied in both Canada and China (business major in non-sensitive school), no work experience in China and no travel experiences. My security check started in Dec, 2023. I'm also very anxious.
my Background check was initiated in august 2022.

jahaz

Feb 24, 2024
what is this f12 and how to check for this?

About my background.
BC PNP Inland
Chinese

Any help is appreciated.

Mohamed mars

Star Member
Nov 29, 2023

About my background.
BC PNP Inland
Chinese

Any help is appreciated.
I did the same thing and coulnd’t find security, does that mean it hasn’t started yet ?