+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

megh2710

Jul 9, 2016
The lady who conducted my husband's interview was judging us based on what we wore. We decided to go traditional for our wedding and wear simple clothing as compared to full-on heavy Indian clothes. Honestly we had every single proof, she just wasnt satisfied enough
Do you know what form I have to fill out for the appeal? Like any help would be greatly appreciated please!!!
So they rejected based on insuffecient proof for marriage? Well for the appeal, I think you will have to contact a lawyer. There is a process for sponsorship rejection appeal here is the link: https://irb.gc.ca/en/filing-immigration-appeal/Pages/immapp-a1.aspx
I am not sure if this applies to you or not. But consulting a lawyer would be your best bet.

stars6777

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hello all,
I have just got back from my interview, the interviewer asked me a lot of questions, and in the last he said “I’m satisfied with your relationship and now your application will move to the next step”
Does it mean I’ve met with the eligibility requirements.

Jules105

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Hello all,
I have just got back from my interview, the interviewer asked me a lot of questions, and in the last he said “I’m satisfied with your relationship and now your application will move to the next step”
Does it mean I’ve met with the eligibility requirements.
Yes, interview is cleared. Next steps may be remedical and/or PCC.

Reactions: aababuji

Jules105

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Hi, do you have any idea after sent updated PCC and remedical passed how long NDVO taking to send PPR?
I did my remedical on 26 April. Soon after my background showed as completed and then PPR issued on 16th May. No re-PCC was requested of me. This was my timeline; it may differ for each individual.

Reactions: YVR123

Jules105

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Hi, you were right about that.
Today in the morning 9’o clock IST I have got the remedical request from IRCC.
What will be the next step ?
That's good. Get it completed within 30 days. They may or may not ask you for updated PCC. After you complete remedical n passed, your background should be showing as completed. After that anytime the PPR email.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
That's good. Get it completed within 30 days. They may or may not ask you for updated PCC. After you complete remedical n passed, your background should be showing as completed. After that anytime the PPR email.
Thank you for your revert, I have made an appointment on June 14 for the same.
Today in the morning I received pre arrival letter from IRCC.
I am wondering to resign in my current office so that I can prepare myself as I also need to serve the notice period.

Do you think is good idea for resignation at this time or am I doing it very early, please revert?
Waiting for your kind revert !!!

Jules105

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Thank you for your revert, I have made an appointment on June 14 for the same.
Today in the morning I received pre arrival letter from IRCC.
I am wondering to resign in my current office so that I can prepare myself as I also need to serve the notice period.

Do you think is good idea for resignation at this time or am I doing it very early, please revert?
Waiting for your kind revert !!!
How long is your notice period? So far all the events are positive signs; the remedical and pre-arrival plus you having cleared the interview. But there is no telling when the PPR mail would be issued - timelines differ for individuals. If notice period is longer like 3 months, I would lean towards resigning, however if 1 month notice maybe you could wait it out n the day you get the PPR mail, put in your papers same day. This is only my opinion. Ultimately the best person to decide is you as you know your goals n priorities better. Good luck and good wishes :)

Also adding here, you may want to look into trying to bump your remedical appointment earlier if possible. I too had got a later date for appointment, however on calling back to confirm something they gave me a much earlier date :) couldn't hurt to try.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faraz Khan

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
How long is your notice period? So far all the events are positive signs; the remedical and pre-arrival plus you having cleared the interview. But there is no telling when the PPR mail would be issued - timelines differ for individuals. If notice period is longer like 3 months, I would lean towards resigning, however if 1 month notice maybe you could wait it out n the day you get the PPR mail, put in your papers same day. This is only my opinion. Ultimately the best person to decide is you as you know your goals n priorities better. Good luck and good wishes :)

Also adding here, you may want to look into trying to bump your remedical appointment earlier if possible. I too had got a later date for appointment, however on calling back to confirm something they gave me a much earlier date :) couldn't hurt to try.
Dear
Thanks once again for your valuable revert, it’ meant a lot for me.
I’ll look how can I prepon my medical exam a little earlier.

There is this last thing which I wanted to ask, what they do in background check, Is it school university, job or what?

Your comments helped me a lot so far !!!

Jules105

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Dear
Thanks once again for your valuable revert, it’ meant a lot for me.
I’ll look how can I prepon my medical exam a little earlier.

There is this last thing which I wanted to ask, what they do in background check, Is it school university, job or what?

Your comments helped me a lot so far !!!
Actually I am not too sure about the background of the background checks :) but I think it is mostly to do with security checks? The job and education checks (if to be checked) would be done earlier in the application, unlikely towards the end. Hope someone here on the forum can clarify that.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Actually I am not too sure about the background of the background checks :) but I think it is mostly to do with security checks? The job and education checks (if to be checked) would be done earlier in the application, unlikely towards the end. Hope someone here on the forum can clarify that.
Thanks again, but how will they check about my schooling and colleges as there are no Column for the enrolment numbers, they should have mentioned it in the forms.

Also about my office they just asked about the name of my company, they didn’t ask about my post and my department.

What I guess, they only care about the genuineness of relationship and for background check they are happy with PCC and medical reports ;)

what do you think ??

Bhattisandeep89

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Thanks again, but how will they check about my schooling and colleges as there are no Column for the enrolment numbers, they should have mentioned it in the forms.

Also about my office they just asked about the name of my company, they didn’t ask about my post and my department.

What I guess, they only care about the genuineness of relationship and for background check they are happy with PCC and medical reports ;)

what do you think ??
Background check is very case by case basis. They check your PCC, if you have travel history, they check that. Basically the idea is that you are not going to be a threat to the country. It does not have to do anything with the medical per se as that is different step. Background check is the longest step. Our interview was more than 4 months ago and Background check has not even been started. So just check your company guidelines and see how long of notice period you need to serve. If notice is 4 weeks then best is to wait till PPR as it will take around 2 weeks for passport turn around and will.give you 2 weeks to prep for your journey. Wish you best.