+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those waiting for more than 36 months

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hello Friends, All those waiting for more than 36 months including but not limited to, myself, Mary, daktrader, janoo, lets go to a lawyer as a group, get discounted price and file for writ of mandamus individually. I think we are left with this option only. what do you say ?

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@moti i spoke to 2 different lawyers in past, both suggested to wait 40 months before going for WOM,

Update --- i called Cic and agent confirmed that my RQ is reviewed last week and it's in Q for Judge final decision ( no residency concerns found ).... We all should be hearing soon since finally RQ files are moving...

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi Mary,

good news for you. hope you get your citizenship soon.

As for me, i called cic about a month ago and agent told me that my rq is being reviewed, but when i called this week ,agent told me that no officer has been assigned yet to review my rq :( its been 37 months already.

i ordered my ATIP today.lets see

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mary Chad said:
@ moti i spoke to 2 different lawyers in past, both suggested to wait 40 months before going for WOM,

Update --- i called Cic and agent confirmed that my RQ is reviewed last week and it's in Q for Judge final decision ( no residency concerns found ).... We all should be hearing soon since finally RQ files are moving...
Congratulations Mary Chad. Canada would be lucky to call you a citizen! Hopefully very soon.

Have you gotten your ATIP? I'm curious if your case was reassessed/retriaged under OB476 D. This is what happened in my case and that is what got my application moving finally.

This leaves me curious and concerned about the prognosis and timeline for RQ recipients where residency concerns are found.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you @moti @eileenf

@moti same thing happened to me, one agent said "no officer assigned" but second was nice who actually looked into my file and read notes. Atip should give more insight information tho....

@eileenf So you got Citizenship? Wow...great news....I got Atip in jan 2014 which had no updates....after that i never ordered another one...i did the Query to St Clair at 36 months mark(Mar 2014) tho, which probably triggered some action, I got letter month back saying "no officer assigned" ,but last week update was "New check's done(mine were expired in 2012) File is reviewed and cleared by officer(no concerns) and is in Q for transfer to local office for final step"(Agent said i should hear something around Oct-Nov)

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi flybest,

are you a pre-test RQ recipient or post-test ? your local office ? when were you reassessed ?

Vitelle

Jul 11, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum :)

Here is my case

Became Permanent Resident: July 23, 2003

Citizenship application sent: July 5, 2011
Application Received: July 8, 2011
In Process: March 21, 2012
AOR & Discover Canada: July 31, 2012
Test and RQ: August 28, 2012
Reviewed by the judge: June 20th, 2014

I had the test done on August 28th, 2012 and the interviewer handed me the RQ right after the interview. I sent all the documentation 2.5 weeks after the test. I haven't heard any news back from them since. I called CIC this morning and the officer said "Your file was sent to the judge on June 20th, 2014 for final review." He also mentioned that currently there is no further delay so I should hear the decision soon. Do you guys know how long it takes for the final review process?

janoo

May 16, 2014
If God willing have a feeling that you will be hearing good news in July 2014

as the processing time is 36 month and you are almost there...

keep us informed any progress.

Vitelle

Jul 11, 2014
Thanks Janoo,

I will keep you updated. I've been PR since 2003. I am not worried at all. It will come at the right time :)

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My file was also reviewed last week of June and is in Q for Mississauga Office, Agent said i should hear around Sep/Oct.

cancitz

Feb 21, 2013
Hi Mary,
Good news after long. Has your Ecas status also changed? If yes, what does it say now.
Thanks

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
I applied for Canadian citizenship in oct 2011, took the test in may 2013, and received RQ at the same time. Submitted the RQ the following month. In june 2014, I contacted a lawyer and filed the mandamus, within two weeks, received a letter from department of justice informing me that the citizenship was approved. received oath letter after another week and took oath two weeks later. total time from contacting lawyer to oath was 5 weeks. my total citizenship application lasted 33 months.