+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those planning to apply on July 01, 2012 (all NOC's).

mariabonita

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
Doc's Request.
send with the application
Nomination.....
PER 09-08-2012
IELTS Request
send with the application- 8.0 band
Med's Request
March 14, 2013
Med's Done....
March 27, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Jan 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 10, 2014
LANDED..........
May 3 , 2014
challaturbanu.girish said:
Hi

Need One Urgent Information:

I am the principal applicant and have 2 dependants..Do i need to submit 3 Fee Payment Forms? Bcoz in the form it says each applicant has to submit Fee payment form seperately.

Kindly reply immediately.

Thanks in advance..
I don't think so..it says there for every PRINCIPAL applicant...if you are the principal then you are going to use one fee payment form include ANY ACCOMPANYING MEMBERS ( meaning dependents)in one form.

The same fee payment form may not be used for more than one principal applicant...as per Guide 7000

In our case I only use 1 fee payment form and just add my spouse and 3 kids so the total is 1,550 CAD...

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong..but that's how i did mine...

sharinthomas

Feb 17, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Feds putting freeze on skilled worker, immigrant investor programs :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OTTAWA — The government is expected to issue a moratorium on new immigration applications under the popular Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Immigrant Investor Program, Postmedia News has learned.

Both programs were set to reopen to new applicants on July 1, but efforts are underway to revamp the programs by the end of the year.

The government doesn't want to process new applications until it's dealt with the existing backlogs and put in place a "just-in-time" economic immigration system, probably by January.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney is expected to announce the new directive in Calgary Thursday during a speech to the C.D. Howe Institute.

The decision means Citizenship and Immigration's central intake office in Sydney, N.S. won't be bombarded by applications from wealthy foreigners who last year chartered planes so they could be the first to submit their paperwork for the Immigrant Investor Program after it was capped at 700 applicants.

The cash-for-visa scheme is so attractive that last year's application window closed within 30 minutes.

Kenney has argued the minimum investment of $800,000 — it was just $400,000 in 2010 — remains too low and that it should be a permanent investment in the Canadian economy.

Right now, provinces get the cash to invest in economic development projects but must pay back the principal five years later.

Kenney said in April that legislation was coming to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to give him more power and flexibility to create, change or cancel specialized programs like this one based on market demand and proven effectiveness.

He said he also was launching consultations with stakeholders and provincial and territorial colleagues on how best to reform the investor program.

Earlier this month, officials said consultations were ongoing and that the new powers were contained in the omnibus budget bill set to become law by the end of the week.

The Immigrant Investor Program backlog currently stands at about 25,000 cases involving more than 86,000 people.

Richard Kurland, a Vancouver-based immigration lawyer and longtime critic of the investor program, said the decision makes sense.

"Why not hold off until you're ready to launch a new program with higher eligibility thresholds?" he said.

"There's plenty of inventory to process. We don't need to add inventory."

He's less enthusiastic about the temporary pause on federal skilled workers, however, noting Canada needs people like nurses and pharmacists and that there's value in setting a predictable date on which the intake doors are opened.

He noted many already have couriered their applications and that this will mean more stress and additional costs for applicants.

The budget bill also will eliminate about 280,000 visa applications submitted under the Federal Skilled Worker Program before February 2008 by refunding their application fees to the tune of $130 million. The move effectively will reduce the skilled worker backlog to about 110,000.

Last year the government capped the number of applications it accepts from federal skilled workers without prearranged offers of employment at 10,000.

Kenney has called for a faster, more flexible immigration system that's economically-driven and designed to attract workers with strong language skills, employment credentials that are in demand by the current labour market and Canadian experience.

He's announced a variety of initiatives to that end, including replacing the entrepreneur program with a startup visa and allowing employers and provinces to cherry-pick immigrants based on occupation.

The moratorium is expected to be lifted once the full plan is in place.

http://www.canada.com/business/Feds+putting+freeze+skilled+worker+immigrant+investor+programs/6850692/story.html#ixzz1z3cfku7e

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharinthomas said:
Feds putting freeze on skilled worker, immigrant investor programs :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OTTAWA — The government is expected to issue a moratorium on new immigration applications under the popular Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Immigrant Investor Program, Postmedia News has learned.

Both programs were set to reopen to new applicants on July 1, but efforts are underway to revamp the programs by the end of the year.

The government doesn't want to process new applications until it's dealt with the existing backlogs and put in place a "just-in-time" economic immigration system, probably by January.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney is expected to announce the new directive in Calgary Thursday during a speech to the C.D. Howe Institute.

The decision means Citizenship and Immigration's central intake office in Sydney, N.S. won't be bombarded by applications from wealthy foreigners who last year chartered planes so they could be the first to submit their paperwork for the Immigrant Investor Program after it was capped at 700 applicants.

The cash-for-visa scheme is so attractive that last year's application window closed within 30 minutes.

Kenney has argued the minimum investment of $800,000 — it was just $400,000 in 2010 — remains too low and that it should be a permanent investment in the Canadian economy.

Right now, provinces get the cash to invest in economic development projects but must pay back the principal five years later.

Kenney said in April that legislation was coming to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to give him more power and flexibility to create, change or cancel specialized programs like this one based on market demand and proven effectiveness.

He said he also was launching consultations with stakeholders and provincial and territorial colleagues on how best to reform the investor program.

Earlier this month, officials said consultations were ongoing and that the new powers were contained in the omnibus budget bill set to become law by the end of the week.

The Immigrant Investor Program backlog currently stands at about 25,000 cases involving more than 86,000 people.

Richard Kurland, a Vancouver-based immigration lawyer and longtime critic of the investor program, said the decision makes sense.

"Why not hold off until you're ready to launch a new program with higher eligibility thresholds?" he said.

"There's plenty of inventory to process. We don't need to add inventory."

He's less enthusiastic about the temporary pause on federal skilled workers, however, noting Canada needs people like nurses and pharmacists and that there's value in setting a predictable date on which the intake doors are opened.

He noted many already have couriered their applications and that this will mean more stress and additional costs for applicants.

The budget bill also will eliminate about 280,000 visa applications submitted under the Federal Skilled Worker Program before February 2008 by refunding their application fees to the tune of $130 million. The move effectively will reduce the skilled worker backlog to about 110,000.

Last year the government capped the number of applications it accepts from federal skilled workers without prearranged offers of employment at 10,000.

Kenney has called for a faster, more flexible immigration system that's economically-driven and designed to attract workers with strong language skills, employment credentials that are in demand by the current labour market and Canadian experience.

He's announced a variety of initiatives to that end, including replacing the entrepreneur program with a startup visa and allowing employers and provinces to cherry-pick immigrants based on occupation.

The moratorium is expected to be lifted once the full plan is in place.

http://www.canada.com/business/Feds+putting+freeze+skilled+worker+immigrant+investor+programs/6850692/story.html#ixzz1z3cfku7e

ouch!!!!! end of line..........

Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its better to wait 6 more months to apply and processed in time than apply now and wait for 2 or more years to be processed.

Maheshnep

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/5/2013, PER 18/7/2013
AOR Received.
5/9/2013
Med's Request
21/11/2013
Med's Done....
24/11/2013
Passport Req..
27/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/01/2014
LANDED..........
Planned at June 2014
what this new news is.... has everything gone in vein? waiting for 6 month.. or like so...

sitagliptin

Jun 1, 2012
Its really shocking news to freeze the skilled worker immigration.People are waiting eagerly from one year for the cap to open and now they hear bad news after long speculation.This canada immigration is unreliable.See what they said on may 19th 2012.

If new Ministerial Instructions are not issued before July 1, 2012, the current cap of 10,000 new applications will re-set on that date.

hsgulati

Jun 19, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
with all these rumours going on.. and endless wait to see the new rules.. I just wish we never had the last week of June.. :p

Fingers crossed.. like many others, I am the 1122 contestant.. :-X

ragini

Feb 3, 2012
Hello members
I am here again with a small query. Members from India can pl tell me which documents can be used as national id

hsgulati

Jun 19, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
ragini said:
Hello members
I am here again with a small query. Members from India can pl tell me which documents can be used as national id
If you have 'Aadhar'.. you can add it.. else leave that column blank in the form and attach copies of license and PAN card as part of the civil docs.
Thats my view.. others can also comment..!!

ragini

Feb 3, 2012
hsgulati said:
If you have 'Aadhar'.. you can add it.. else leave that column blank in the form and attach copies of license and PAN card as part of the civil docs.
Thats my view.. others can also comment..!!
I do have adhaar but is that officially declared national ID?

RAKESH415

Jun 23, 2012
HI ALL
PLEASE CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ABOUT POF . CAN I SHOW PROPERTY EVALUATION AS POF. I MEET ONE OF CANADA IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT AND HE SAID TO HAVE CASH IN THE BANK OF FD NOT THE PROPERTY EVALUATION . PLEASE HELP ME . THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

hsgulati

Jun 19, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
ragini said:
I do have adhaar but is that officially declared national ID?
Well I think it is.. !!

hsgulati

Jun 19, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
RAKESH415 said:
HI ALL
PLEASE CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ABOUT POF . CAN I SHOW PROPERTY EVALUATION AS POF. I MEET ONE OF CANADA IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT AND HE SAID TO HAVE CASH IN THE BANK OF FD NOT THE PROPERTY EVALUATION . PLEASE HELP ME . THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
NOPES!!

Only Bank Balance in Savings or FD..

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
Guys we need to wait for few hours. The article says:

Thursday has just begun in Canada. So wait and watch with crossed fingers.

I too hope that all this is just a rumour. God Bless us all.