+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those applicants applied under old system(before Feb,2008)

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
hello guys,
i filed my application in october of 2004, got an acknowledgement letter in january 2005, got a 2nd letter asking if i still want to pursue in feb 2009, got the third letter to update last month . and still waiting.....

lets keep the faith!

CanadianLove

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
AOR Received.
July 2007
Hey all,

Im with 2007 batch, my time line in my signature, my question is, after document requested stage they came back to me asking for some further documents and updated bank statement again, which i sent last week, do you guys think
im pass the refusal stage? or am i just being a little too optimistic?? :)

thanks

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
Dear Candadianlover,

Don't be worried about the refusal !! Update with documents as honestly as possible. Refusal could be at any time (during background checking etc..), but it is only for those who have problems in their files. Be patient and; definitely be optimistic.. cheers ..

Rimjim

Feb 28, 2010
cmehandru said:
Hi,
IMO, CHC has introduced the fast track program to effectively lure the old applicants which will serve no good. I feel that CHC should announce a final deadline of how many months it will take to process PR applications filed before Feb,2008. Recently, I saw that the upper limit of the processing times for FSW applications at CHC.New Delhi has been exteded from 75 months to 80 months. This might again change and the CHC might attempt to save their shortcomings from the large pool of applicants. Or not??? Like this we are heading nowhere. I feel that with the help of immigration consultants/lawyers, we can ask for a final deadline from the CHC to that we have a clear idea of how much we have to wait. I feel no harm in making such a representation coz Canada is not on the MOON.

Guys we should come up with some ideas/projections that will save us precious time.
hI cmehandru,
I am agree with your views and is ready to do something effective in this regard so ,that the CIC have to consider our cases on priority basis.Please keep it up.

Rimjim

cmehandru

Apr 4, 2010
Hi Rimjim,
Can we send a letter/email to our respective consultants and discuss this idea with them. If they also support it, we can definitely find out a way to query CHC about giving final deadline. Of course, we have to do it together na dmake a pipeline of all those aplicants who are in the same boat. I am going to visit my consultant's head office soon. We should also narrow down the convincing answers of our consultants and be very straightforward coz they normally ask us to wait 1-2months everytime. like this, 18months have passed since i sent my updated docuuments to CHC and still have to wait. Huh!!!

Rimjim

Feb 28, 2010
cmehandru, I think we should write a letter to immigration minister also with regard to our concerns i.e delay in processing our application as well old applicants huge backlog & also can send mails.I have heard that there are some journalist namely Harleen Kaur ,Gumeet S etc.. in canada are covering canada immigration and had also write articles on delay in processing so,we should also request them to raise our voice through newspapers articles.

Rimjim

cmehandru

Apr 4, 2010
Rimjim said:
cmehandru, I think we should write a letter to immigration minister also with regard to our concerns i.e delay in processing our application as well old applicants huge backlog & also can send mails.I have heard that there are some journalist namely Harleen Kaur ,Gumeet S etc.. in canada are covering canada immigration and had also write articles on delay in processing so,we should also request them to raise our voice through newspapers articles.

Rimjim
Hi rimjim,
tht sounds very convincing. I am ready to write such letter. what shud i do? surely, the journalists would be of great help. we shud look here for more people who would like to raise their voice and collectively complain against the covet attitude of CHC which is accepting application indefinitely and making applicants wait indefinitely. Anything you would like me to do, please let me know.

thanks,
cmehandru

krpatel2006

Mar 30, 2010
Rajan01 said:
Old cases are currently starting to move. From the threads here,some members have received letters from the various CICs indicating that some cases are being sent to Ottawa. I guess thats good news since the backlog will surely reduce by the day. In some offices around,others have already got requests for updated documents. In some instances like mine,I got requests for passport/RPRF/Medicals all together. I think it's a way for making files move. Let's see how it goes. Good luck to everyone under old rules banner!!!!!

Hey Rajan,

congrats firstof all, for coming out of so called 'olD RULE applicants" banner.......hey can u imagine now for 2006 applicants timeline to get processed at newdelhi under old rule........
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi jazz,
Good to hear from you that some members have received the letters.What is date & place of your application and when did you the Ul letter & medicals request.

Thanks
Rajan

krpatel2006

Mar 30, 2010
cancon1 said:
Rajan,

This is what CHC strategy is:

1) People who have applied under fast track i.e after Feb 28, 2008 are of course being given priority because they need people from those 38 categories.

2) For applicants applying before Feb 28, 2008, CHC's across, i guess are taking up only those case for processing whose occupation falls in ministirial list. The rest whose occupation are not on ministirial list will be processed as usual unless their situation changes e.g. they get a canadian spouse, they get a job offer, stuff like that.

Cancon1
Hi Jazz,
thanks for given review........satisfied with what u said atleast.....but still want to talk with you.......i m old applicant applied in 2006 at newdelhi under FSW category. my ocupation falls under 38 ocuupations or ministeralist occupation....i m still waiting without any hopes.....but after reading your review that they are atleast considering old applicants with 38 occupations early......is it really true....had it happen to anyone....please i need your suggestion jazz.........help me out....

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
Hi Friends!

It is good idea to send letters and mail to concerned minister and others with regard to long delay in processessing old cases and many other problems faced by us due to huge backlog.We can try to write some views and comments to channel and newspaper with request for the coverage in their nespaper or channel on the said issue as said by Rimjim and cmehandru .You may send comments to the Honourable Jason Kenney at Minister@cic.gc.ca.
and mail to:

The Honourable Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Contact of Asian channel :
http://www.channelcanada.com/Sections-article13-p1.html
Contact of newspaper in Canada
http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

Rajan

Moon99

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
Yes this is a good suggestion , that keep sending mails to Minister and build pressure to decide the cases of old applicants as they are doing with Fast Track. They may increase their staff to clear the backlog of old applicants. so many solutions are there

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moon99 said:
Yes this is a good suggestion , that keep sending mails to Minister and build pressure to decide the cases of old applicants as they are doing with Fast Track. They may increase their staff to clear the backlog of old applicants. so many solutions are there
You wish. I personally think that they are fully aware of the situation but haven't got an answer to the dilemma.

BobbyB

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
Hi Friends!
For current information on immigration processes including date on application processing times ,anyone can get detail information at.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-05-13.asp
What does this mean on CIC site
Follow us on Twitter.Get short,timely messages from CIC
http://twitter.com/CitImmCanada

Rajan

cmehandru

Apr 4, 2010
Hi Friends,
To discuss and plan something to raise our voice for timely processing of cases filed before feb 2008, there isa meeting being organised at Jalandhar city and members from other cities of punjab will also be attending. We might also try to talk to applicants from london/elsewhere and findout some solution. If a good number of people attend this meet, I am sure we can find some solution. Some guys have links in the Indian as well as canadian media, some have found a way to reach the Canadian MPs. I also want tomake it clear that NOBODY HAS ANY INTENTION of something like dharna which is totall useless in worst case scenario. so the idea is to be able to technically correct and magnify our frustration and make the Canadian government aware of what we all are going thru. In case anybody has any more questions or would lke to discuss something, you can cal me. please post me a message and i will call u.