+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those applicants applied under old system(before Feb,2008)

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
Hi Everyone,
Sub: Why old system category applicants waits for such long time .
All the applicants who had applied under old system categories (before Feb,2008) must be get united though this thread however our figure must be in several lakhs around the world I just wanted to discuss the said issue with you firstly by giving my suggestion hereunder and also invites your suggestions to that effect. As, if any of our efforts or suggestion hits the eye of bull and able to reach within the knowledge of concerned authorites i.e of facing problem due to extra delay in processing our application (quietly and ...............?????????)then our purpose will solve.

My suggestion:to concerned Canadian authority.

We should raise our voice through mail or letters sent jointly/Individual to Immigration minister , P.M (Canada) and though our regional M.P's(like there are 5 to 6 Punjabi M.P's in canada) for some effective and lenient policy for the old applicants so that their cases can be dispose off as early as possible.

Secondly,there should be clear and transparent information on the site with regard to clearance of old applicant cases/backload with specification of month and year. e.g whether it will clear in 2010,2011.2012 etc.....

Rajan :)

cancon1

Feb 17, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: All who applied before under old system(before Feb,2008) applicants

Hello Rajan,

I applied in April 2007 here is Pakistan when simplified application rules were in place. I waitied for 17 months before I got a letter from CHC only asking me fo my continued interest in immigration. I think, we should wait if our application is with in normal processing period (in my case 36-42 months), which is mention in your first letter. I think a letter for documents is normally sent to applicants whent the initial period has either lapsed or is about to. Other than that, any unnecessary enquiries to CHC would not be taken positively by an immigration officer as all your corrospondence becomes part of your file. So sit back and relax. When they are ready to assess your application, you would be informed by CHC. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Cancon1

dream_Can

Star Member
Oct 5, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent vd docs
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2016
yes i agree . i m also sep 2006 applicant and atleast we should know when our processing will be started so that we come out from uncertainty and could be clear to take a decision to apply under a fast track.

dream_Can

Star Member
Oct 5, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent vd docs
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2016
cancon1. My waiting time was 36-42 months and waiting time will be over in Mar 2010 but still haven't receved any UL . just i got a letter of continued interest in April 2009 and till now nothing...

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
I applied in 29th june,2006 and received AOR 6th sept,2006 and my processing time mentioned in AOR was 51 months.Still waiting for UL.

As per News item of CIC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2009/2009-10-30.asp , Some of extracts are reproduced as follows:- Canada plans to welcome between 240,000 and 265,000 new permanent residents in 2010, the same number of immigrants as in recent years. In 2010, Canada will again welcome more new permanent residents than the average annual intake during the 1990s,” said Minister Kenney. “The focus of the 2010 plan is on economic immigration to support Canada’s economy during and beyond the current economic recovery.”

Now the process of our applications (under old system) will depends also on the ratio of how many number of applicants wiill apply under Fast track category .
Cancon version is also correct.
One of punjabi M.P version who had recently visited India regarding delay in old system in Asian countries that there is heavy load of pendency
But ,despite all these facts CHC were started very fast process of sending UL in old cases in the year 2008 to march2009.
So, our only concern is that we want to respectfully submit before CHC with regard to s-m treatment in processing our applications.

Rajan

cancon1

Feb 17, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream_Can said:
cancon1. My waiting time was 36-42 months and waiting time will be over in Mar 2010 but still haven't receved any UL . just i got a letter of continued interest in April 2009 and till now nothing...
Hello Dream_Can:

If nothin happens before March, you would have the right to ask CHC about your case afterwards . Please share their response here. I and a couple of others would be looking forward to it.

Cancon1

cancon1

Feb 17, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rajan,

This is what CHC strategy is:

1) People who have applied under fast track i.e after Feb 28, 2008 are of course being given priority because they need people from those 38 categories.

2) For applicants applying before Feb 28, 2008, CHC's across, i guess are taking up only those case for processing whose occupation falls in ministirial list. The rest whose occupation are not on ministirial list will be processed as usual unless their situation changes e.g. they get a canadian spouse, they get a job offer, stuff like that.

Cancon1

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
cancon,

Correct, CHC are processing as per their policies and latest requirement.It is also true that they will not listen to our concern indivdually but we should atleast have to put/pursue some efforts unitedly in this field.

Rajan

cancon1

Feb 17, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rajan:

I totally agree with what you say. Some times its frustrating for me too. But I believe individual voices have no significance at all. I stronly believe that it can be done either by influential members of South Asian community settled in Canada or by those South Asian MP's in Canadian parliment, who have the ability to get the message and our concerns across. So you better find those MP's and send them email. Inform them about the current situation. I hope they listen and things start to improve.

Cancon1

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
Cancon ,
Toatally agreed with you and now our first step would be to meet the regional Leaders in Punjab,when ever anyone of them will visit Punjab in recent times(Last year several M.P's,Ruby Dalla and even P.M had visited Punjab) at least we should give them some representation(jointly) with regard to our concern. I will try to inform all the applicants through this thread. Also even few press reporters have agreed to cover this concern in recent days.
Rajan

pharmacistfarhan

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-5-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent along with application
AOR Received.
PER: 03-7-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-01-2014 , 3rd line appeared on ECAS on Jan 23, 2014, RPRF Request on May 13, 2014, RPRF DD received by LVO on May 19, 2014.
Interview........
Alhumdolillah waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 on Aug 26, 2014, PPR2 on Sep 24, 2014, Decision Made on Sep26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdullilah Passports received on Sep 30, 2014
LANDED..........
22 Oct 2014

cancon1 said:
Hello Rajan,

I applied in April 2007 here is Pakistan when simplified application rules were in place. I waitied for 17 months before I got a letter from CHC only asking me fo my continued interest in immigration. I think, we should wait if our application is with in normal processing period (in my case 36-42 months), which is mention in your first letter. I think a letter for documents is normally sent to applicants whent the initial period has either lapsed or is about to. Other than that, any unnecessary enquiries to CHC would not be taken positively by an immigration officer as all your corrospondence becomes part of your file. So sit back and relax. When they are ready to assess your application, you would be informed by CHC. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Cancon1
Hi, I also applied in April 2007 from Pakistan and got the AOR in May 2007. Now back in Oct 2009 got CHC letter asking for continued interest to immigrate to Canada - this was not the normal practice of CHC and they'd done it just as a step to clear backlog. I've heard that CHC sent this type of letters to all those eligible applicants who applied under simplified application procedure before Feb 2008.
Analyzing the situation more specifically, I feel we should wait patiently as putting e-mails or asking them about our case would be taken negatively as long as a predefined time frame (which is 36 to 42 months in our case) is there...... even later may be we would be supposed punitive if we keep on inquiring them.... that would a wild goose chase........ just wait and se... hope for the best.

cancon1

Feb 17, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

pharmacistfarhan said:
I've heard that CHC sent this type of letters to all those eligible applicants who applied under simplified application procedure before Feb 2008.
Hello Pharmacist Farhan:

This is really encouraging for me subject to if it is correct. Lets be more specific: Does CHC's letter to applicants for continued interest mean these applicants have a strong case or they have bright chances for immigration?

Regards

Cancon1

pharmacistfarhan

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-5-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER: 03-7-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-01-2014 , 3rd line appeared on ECAS on Jan 23, 2014, RPRF Request on May 13, 2014, RPRF DD received by LVO on May 19, 2014.
Interview........
Alhumdolillah waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 on Aug 26, 2014, PPR2 on Sep 24, 2014, Decision Made on Sep26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdullilah Passports received on Sep 30, 2014
LANDED..........
22 Oct 2014

cancon1 said:
Hello Pharmacist Farhan:

This is really encouraging for me subject to if it is correct. Lets be more specific: Does CHC's letter to applicants for continued interest mean these applicants have a strong case or they have bright chances for immigration?

Regards

Cancon1
Hi Cancon 1: the letter is only a generic one... nothing to do with future chances. Currently I'm gathering the data that how much time they take to send document's up-date request after sending that letter that we've already received..

cancon1

Feb 17, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Pharmacist Farhan:

You can check the time line for some Pakistani applicants on the below link. A really good effort by the guy who created it.

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers

My observation is that only 2004 applications are in process. You would see that 2005-2006-2007 applications are stagnant.

Regards

Cancon1

cancon1

Feb 17, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Pharmacist Farhan:

We both applied at the same time. So please remain in touch and share any updates regarding your case or any sort of corrospondence by CHC Islamabad. You can send me pm's if you deem appropriate.

Regards,

Cancon1