+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those applicants applied under old system(before Feb,2008)

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
Rajan01 said:
HI TONNYINCHINA ,

You were right ,some of the applicant(of CHC,London) are receeving the upgration documents request to be sent to Ottawa.Let's hope for more news from other CHC.

Rajan
It's happening now.Have you received any updates yet?

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
tonnyinchina said:
It's happening now.Have you received any updates yet?
Not yet.

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
Since the Canadian Immigration Minister Jason Kenney announced that the Canadian government has begun the process of reviewing current Canadian immigration procedures, with a view to further streamlining application processing under the FSW category.There are currently 38 occupations for immigration to Canada under the FSW, and they have been in place since 2008. Those occupations were chosen after CIC consulted with provincial and federal authorities to determine what occupations were most in demand around the country at the time.

Now that the Canadian economy has emerged from the global recession, Canada are re-examining the labour market and determining which professions are undergoing a shortage of skilled workers. This may alter the list of open occupations.

Hope the Minister will also be kept in mind the interest of old appicants( for reducing their backlog) while floating new list

Rajan

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are absolutely right my friend :) lets see when we got lucky enough :p

laklak

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
15 Apr 2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs on 08th April 2010
File Transfer...
30 Mar 2010
Med's Request
29th Mar 2011
Med's Done....
08th Apr 2011
Passport Req..
29th Mar 2011
rajan bhai and all...iam an old applicant 2006 as well as new one in 2010 feb...will they call my old application for ottawa processing because iam in the 38 list...iam totally confused now...how will thing proceed from here...this is the most confusing and tensed part of my life ever...pls can u highlight something about it.... cheers laklak

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
laklak said:
rajan bhai and all...iam an old applicant 2006 as well as new one in 2010 feb...will they call my old application for ottawa processing because iam in the 38 list...iam totally confused now...how will thing proceed from here...this is the most confusing and tensed part of my life ever...pls can u highlight something about it.... cheers laklak
Hi Laklak,

CHC will not process your old application under FSW(38 occupations) ,however some old applicants of CHC,London are recieving the letters for upgradation of documents directly refered to Ottawa(despite the fact that most of them (old applicants) are not cover under 38 occupations FSW category)
However,you have also avail the opporunity of applying under FSW category, since, your profession has also come under 38 occupation category.So,your new application will be processed/finalise much earlier than your old application. Be optimistic and All is well with you!
Good Luck

Rajan

vaisanil

Jan 11, 2010
Hi All,

I had applied PR (skilled worker category) under old system in NOV 2005, got file number in FEB 2006, later i received a generic letter from CIC New Delhi in Dec 2008 requesting my interest in immigration to Canada, which was replied by me in JAN 2009, thenafter there is no correspondence from CIC New Delhi about the progress of my file, ECAS online status shows "In Process".

Thanks to all of you for sharing all your experiences, will be in touch with you all if i get any further news.

Stay in touch of all you.

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
Hi Friends!
No hope from CIC with regard to reducing of old applicants backlog (will be as fast as coming new rules category) .There are currently more than 600,000 skilled workers in different parts of the world waiting for getting Canada visas. With such high number of potential Canadian immigrants in waiting, it is being feared that the Canada visa queues could go up to nearly 10-15 years. that for a total of 80,055 Canadian visas for skilled workers, there are nearly 594,274 applicants in the year 2010. As per the recent estimates, processing times for applicants falling under the category of skilled workers are 6- 10 years(Nairobi 8,960 people),2- 3.years (Hong Kong 30,763 people),6- 10years(New Delhi 117,098 people and 6- 12 years(Islamabad). The warning regarding increasing waiting times for Canada immigration comes in the wake of recent analysis by Statistics Canada that visible minority in Vancouver will become majority in the period of next 20 years.
Consultations by CIC will analyze shortage of labor in various professions and trades throughout Canada. Additionally these will also take into consideration all the relevant factors that have an impact on the ability of any immigrant in Canada to succeed well in the labor market. Once the opinions of Canadians have been received, the Canadian Govt will then proceed towards instructing officials of Canadian immigration deptt so as to help them carry out the processing of Canadian economic immigration applications.
However, under the old system, applicants had to wait for up to six years for receiving a decision.

Rajan

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
Solution to the problem of big backlog of Canada skilled visa applications-------------
According to an immigrant advisor in Vancouver, Richard Kurland, the occupation list should be decreased by the Canada immigration minister by removing that job category which receives highest number of Canada visa applications.

http://www.canadaupdates.com/content/backlog-canadian-skilled-immigrant-visa-applicants-piles

Rajan

cmehandru

Apr 4, 2010
Rimjim said:
Hi ,
Anyone from old applicants have receive visa, medical request or uipdate letter request, this year(2010).
Please remains keep in touch with latest update of their application.

Regards!

Rimjim

Hi,
I applied in feb 2004 and awaiting medicals. Some immigration consultants such as WWICS, CAAN wings say that they are receiving 2-3 medicals for the cases applied before Feb2008. Applicants who have applied in feb 2004, should wait for another 2 months i.e unitl May,2010 and their cases will be hopefully processed and medicals sent until then. This being just a projection still sounds convincing. We never know of the CHC who might still intorduce further processing delays.

Regards,
cmehandru

Rimjim

Feb 28, 2010
Hi cmehandru,
Thanks for update.It is really unfortunate that the old applicants are waiting for medicals/update letter requests even after passing six years period.However ,this is also unethical practice on the part of CIC , making new rules by dumping the old applicants .

Rimjim

Rimjim

Feb 28, 2010
Lets hope for some better polcies w.e.f 1st May,2010.As the year of 2008 was very fast towards the processing of old applicants files and all the applicants of 2004 year and some of 2005(till Feb/March) had received the update letters and waiting for medicals(some of them received the UL ,even after 3 and half year) and in the year 2009, ALL the CHC had slow down the process due to economic crisis. Now, again ,since the economy recovery gains the momentum.The CIC is seeking the views of Canadians on how to help lead Canada to full economic recovery from the global recession. These consultations will look at worker shortages in trades and professions across Canada as well as the factors that affect an immigrant’s ability to succeed in Canada’s work force.
So,hope,we will see some positive results in reducing the old applicants backlog in near future or may be after april.

Rimjim

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
My file is of 2006 and no hope of receiving the update letter till july ,2011.But ,if my occupation comes under new list then will think upon reapply under Fast track.

Rajan

cmehandru

Apr 4, 2010
Feb2004 said:
Hi Rajan,

Hope what you have written comes true. People are suffering but nobody is willing to make any representation.
Hi,
I think the best idea to make a representation would be asking applicants to forward written queries to their respective consultants who have applied on their behalf. Once the consultants give their word/opinion/suggestion, the same query should be group forwarded to the CHC asking for only the facts that should keep us waiting. Otherwise, seeing the kind of backlog which is in six figures every year, we are heading nowhere near to the final processing/medicals/visa in the coming year.

I also came to know that Canada is going to stop immigration in 2012.

cmehandru

Apr 4, 2010
cmehandru said:
Hi,
I think the best idea to make a representation would be asking applicants to forward written queries to their respective consultants who have applied on their behalf. Once the consultants give their word/opinion/suggestion, the same query should be group forwarded to the CHC asking for only the facts that should keep us waiting. Otherwise, seeing the kind of backlog which is in six figures every year, we are heading nowhere near to the final processing/medicals/visa in the coming year.

I also came to know that Canada is going to stop immigration in 2012.

Hi,
IMO, CHC has introduced the fast track program to effectively lure the old applicants which will serve no good. I feel that CHC should announce a final deadline of how many months it will take to process PR applications filed before Feb,2008. Recently, I saw that the upper limit of the processing times for FSW applications at CHC.New Delhi has been exteded from 75 months to 80 months. This might again change and the CHC might attempt to save their shortcomings from the large pool of applicants. Or not??? Like this we are heading nowhere. I feel that with the help of immigration consultants/lawyers, we can ask for a final deadline from the CHC to that we have a clear idea of how much we have to wait. I feel no harm in making such a representation coz Canada is not on the MOON.

Guys we should come up with some ideas/projections that will save us precious time.