+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Finally we got text message that my husband can go and pick up his passport I already bought him the ticket after being separated for over 2 years finally we will be together in less than a week good luck to everyone :) who's waiting to be reunited with their spouse for us it was a long almost 4 years struggle
Oh wow, amazing news. Congratulations.

My husbands passport was delivered yesterday, waiting to get it back.

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
Finally we got text message that my husband can go and pick up his passport I already bought him the ticket after being separated for over 2 years finally we will be together in less than a week good luck to everyone :) who's waiting to be reunited with their spouse for us it was a long almost 4 years struggle
Congrats!!

• Love
Reactions: ginabrigi

Imari

Star Member
Sep 24, 2021
Hi house. Hope get reply soon
I am so happy to find tread that people facing the same situation like me. I got refused after interview reason that entre relationship or marriage to gain a status so marriage is not genuine. Right a way I got a lawyer and appeal. Already received acknowledgment letter and waiting. I am in BC.

1.Anyone has experience with BC IDA.
2.How long take for blue book and hearing date.
3. How long need to wait for file to open and done the process 1 , 2 or 3 years. Just want to prepare myself.
Thank you

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
I am so happy to find tread that people facing the same situation like me. I got refused after interview reason that entre relationship or marriage to gain a status so marriage is not genuine. Right a way I got a lawyer and appeal. Already received acknowledgment letter and waiting. I am in BC.

3. How long need to wait for file to open and done the process 1 , 2 or 3 years. Just want to prepare myself.
Thank you
Hi Imari
Welcome this forum is very helpful, most respected senior members @Alexis1971,@ginabrigi,@Sandy1310 @Miror on their last days this forum, their cases almost finalised. They could give you timeline but their appeal was jeopardise covid-19 and it took longer for their cases to be re-open but I have seen 4 people their cases reopen within 10 days after decision by IAD so that very promising.
1. My appeal go through Vancouver I got hearing date within a month after I received the the record.
2. If you appeal via email you may get the Appeal Record (Blue Book) less than 120 days depends Visa Office and delivery method, mine took 70 days to receive
3. It depends which CBSA officer/IRCC has your file I have seen some file reopen within 10 days include re-medical. Mine still waiting to re-open it’s 70 days since appeal allowed.
Overall it might take minimum a year from the time you received the Appeal record then having hearing (if allowed case) to reopen, medical request, updated forms to PPR.
Most important to thing is to win the appeal
Good luck with process.
may I ask which Visa Office refused you?

Reactions: Sandy1310

Imari

Star Member
Sep 24, 2021
Hi Imari
Welcome this forum is very helpful, most respected senior members @Alexis1971,@ginabrigi,@Sandy1310 @Miror on their last days this forum, their cases almost finalised. They could give you timeline but their appeal was jeopardise covid-19 and it took longer for their cases to be re-open but I have seen 4 people their cases reopen within 10 days after decision by IAD so that very promising.
1. My appeal go through Vancouver I got hearing date within a month after I received the the record.
2. If you appeal via email you may get the Appeal Record (Blue Book) less than 120 days depends Visa Office and delivery method, mine took 70 days to receive
3. It depends which CBSA officer/IRCC has your file I have seen some file reopen within 10 days include re-medical. Mine still waiting to re-open it’s 70 days since appeal allowed.
Overall it might take minimum a year from the time you received the Appeal record then having hearing (if allowed case) to reopen, medical request, updated forms to PPR.
Most important to thing is to win the appeal
Good luck with process.
may I ask which Visa Office refused you?

ginabrigi

Oct 24, 2018

Thank you
Hi Imari I will try to give you my timeline as close to it as I can it's been almost 4 years being in this sponsor process that I lost track of time :(
We applied 2018 april
They requested my husband to do medical 2018 around July/aug
They didn't send him an email to do interview until 2019 July/aug
They denied him 3 weeks after interview saying relationship is not genuine :(
We appealed we had 3 interview cancelled until a I lost about $5,000 with first lawyer then hired a new amazing lawyer that I highly recommend to anybody he was great we won appeal 2021 feb
Rabat office sent my husband email oct 2021 that they received our file
Jan/18/2022 they reopened our file
Jan/21/2022 they sent him to re do medical and background check and additional forms
They received everything the following week of Jan/24/2022
I believe feb/13/2022 they sent him pre arrival email
Feb/17/2022 they sent him an email to drop his passport off for ppr
He dropped it off feb/18/2022 he emailed them mar7/2022 asking if waiting for ppr this long was normal of course no reply they never reply doenst matter what we ask in email :(
then they emailed mar9/2022 that he can go and pick his passport up he picked it up today mar/10/2022 he's coming to Canada early next week good luck with your journey be strong because this long process has ruined my health good luck to you and yours (hugs)

Imari

Star Member
Sep 24, 2021
Hi Imari I will try to give you my timeline as close to it as I can it's been almost 4 years being in this sponsor process that I lost track of time :(
We applied 2018 april
They requested my husband to do medical 2018 around July/aug
They didn't send him an email to do interview until 2019 July/aug
They denied him 3 weeks after interview saying relationship is not genuine :(
We appealed we had 3 interview cancelled until a I lost about $5,000 with first lawyer then hired a new amazing lawyer that I highly recommend to anybody he was great we won appeal 2021 feb
Rabat office sent my husband email oct 2021 that they received our file
Jan/18/2022 they reopened our file
Jan/21/2022 they sent him to re do medical and background check and additional forms
They received everything the following week of Jan/24/2022
I believe feb/13/2022 they sent him pre arrival email
Feb/17/2022 they sent him an email to drop his passport off for ppr
He dropped it off feb/18/2022 he emailed them mar7/2022 asking if waiting for ppr this long was normal of course no reply they never reply doenst matter what we ask in email :(
then they emailed mar9/2022 that he can go and pick his passport up he picked it up today mar/10/2022 he's coming to Canada early next week good luck with your journey be strong because this long process has ruined my health good luck to you and yours (hugs)

Sandy1310

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Thank you so much indeed it was a long journey thank god it's over on top of that process I haven't seen my husband over 2 years :( can't wait for next week to see him :)
Welcome to the journey my friend.
Yes! The process is mostly between 8 months- 1 year or more! There is no such deadline.
When our file was at CPC- M( case processing centre Mississauga), it took almost 9 months to process and to transfer our application to local VO(Sydney Australia). I used to call twice a week to get an update when it was in Mississauge and i have been told that the appeal cases take longer and there’s nothing they can do.
You can always go to the history of every member and check their timeline if you want( how long their applications took). There are many members from Accra.
It is a long journey my friend but there’s always a hope and you will get at your final destination. Stay positive and keep supporting each other.
Good luck to everyone who is in the same boat!

Last edited:

Sandy1310

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Thank you so much indeed it was a long journey thank god it's over on top of that process I haven't seen my husband over 2 years :( can't wait for next week to see him :)
Same here i saw my husband in oct 2019. Since the borders were closed due to covid i couldn’t able to go visit him in Australia.
happy for you and i can feel the happiness. Soon i will be at the same stage as yours. :)

Reactions: ginabrigi