+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Cuchi

Sep 17, 2018
I was asked questions based on my application. Nothing outside it. I was asked about the concerns of the visa officer on why they refused.
I was blessed to have two nice men and it was all over in less than an hour.
For some, they were not asked to address concerns of the visa officer. So it’s always hard to tell for sure.
But I would say prepare yourself to address the reason why you think the visa officer was wrong to have refused your application. And also prepare to revisit when and how you met and how you have kept your relationship going since you met and since you married.

Go with your passport as well. Mine was looked at to correspond with all the dates I claimed I visited my spouse.

Good luck
Thanks for the reply.
In my case, my wife is 8 months pregnant now. In june 2018 i went back to vietnam and stay for 3months with my wife. During that stay, my wife got pregnant.

Hope-19

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Hi everyone, i need some advice for the adr meeting. Im scheduled on march 21 for the adr hearing. Anybody went through that? And what are the questions they will ask? Any help would be appreciate it. Thanks
I found these questions for ADR from an earlier post on this thread

Background
1) When did you first come to Canada?
2) Under what category?

Previous Relationship
3) Have you been previously married or in a common law relationship?
4) If so, to whom and when?
5) When did you separate? Why?
6) When did you get divorced? Why?
7) Do you have children from your previous marriage? If so, what are their names and ages?
8) Do you have any contact with your ex-husband or common law partner?

Current Marriage
9) When did you meet your current spouse?
10) Describe the circumstances of your first meeting.
11) Who contacted who first? How?
12) When did you first meet in person?
13) Describe your first date?
14) Why were you attracted to your spouse?
15) What type of activities did you do together?
16) When did you meet his family and his friends?
17) When did he propose? How?
18) What did you say?
19) Was there an engagement ceremony? If so, please describe? If not, why not?
20) When did you get married?
21) Describe your wedding.
22) How many people were present?
23) Did you go on a honeymoon? When, where?
24) Did you ever live together? How long and where?
25) Describe a typical day with your husband?

Communication
26) How many times did you visit your spouse after wedding? Provide with dates.
27) When you are apart, how do you communicate with each other?
28) What do you talk about?
29) Do you send each other gifts or money? If so, what and how much?
30) What are your plans once your spouse moves to Canada?
31) Where will you live?
32) Are you planning on having children?
33) What do you like about your spouse?
34) What do you not like about your spouse?
35) When is his birthday?
36) What are his parent’s names?

Spousal Sponsorship Application and Interview
37) Why do you think your spousal sponsorship application was refused?
38) How did that make you feel?
39) What happened at the interview?
40) If this appeal was dismissed, what would you do?
41) Do you think your spouse married you in order to be able to come to Canada? If not, why?
42) Do you want to add anything else?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
It’s progress indeed but it’s hard to tell when PPR will follow. This is because each visa office has its own pace.
It could take a few days to months but rest assured that if all goes well with background check, then PPR is next
I'm on the same step. Have been for 4 months

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hey
Husband Finally got PPR today!!!!!!!

My timeline
Original application: may 2016
Refused: November 2016
Appeal: December 2016
ADR: September 2017....won by evidence aloma actual ADR was cancelled after reviewing evidence
File reopened: October 23 2017
PPR - March 2 2019

Ours took longer than usual after winning ad my husband was chosen for stricter security screening
Hey hey! We won our appeal Aug 3. Case reopened in Sept. Bgc started Oct 25. my husband also in ss. Do you know how long your ss took?

Reactions: Alicee

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Hey

Hey hey! We won our appeal Aug 3. Case reopened in Sept. Bgc started Oct 25. my husband also in ss. Do you know how long your ss took?
It is scary! Such a long wait after winning the appeal is unbearable. I believe all applicants have to pass security screening. Does your husband have a big travel history? Or It's because LVO is too slow? Or maybe people from some countries have to go through stricter vetting process? I wish you get ppr very soon.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
26 days waiting for the letter with the decision and until today nothing, very difficult this wait.
The long wait will be worth it. I know someone who attended full hearing in December got letter allowing the appeal only yesterday. If minister's counsel doesn't give his/her consent the judge takes a long time to give decision. If yours and your spouse's answers to most of the questions tallied, appeal will be allowed. I have not heard of any genuine marriage case denied in full hearing.

Soulmatestory

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
Is there a difference between ECAS and the CIC My Account? Just checked my status through gckey still shows refused in current status although went back in process 2 weeks ago.

Ana Paula

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
I am very scared, I had two days of hearing, first day of hearing was in December, and the second day of hearing was February 7, it was a very difficult hearing, I already had a daughter of my husband, they said that At the beginning of our marriage, our marriage was false. I'm praying a lot and asking God, for this letter I came positive.
The long wait will be worth it. I know someone who attended full hearing in December got letter allowing the appeal only yesterday. If minister's counsel doesn't give his/her consent the judge takes a long time to give decision. If yours and your spouse's answers to most of the questions tallied, appeal will be allowed. I have not heard of any genuine marriage case denied in full hearing.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
It would be interesting to know what they consider ""proof" to be. My friend was turned down because they had engagement party but no wedding, no mututal committments and not enough visits according to the visa officer. By the time she resubmitted their application they had a big wedding, both had life insurance, shared bank account and credit card and they owned a car together. They also had 6 visits in the 2 years since being refused with her staying a month at a time each visit. The reasons for refusal the second time were a joke as they were not true. They said he didn't know the names of any of her family members which is not true. They said her husband had a precarious financial situation when he had a full time job which they submitted proof of in the application and they said that there were no pictures with family and friends when they had submitted over 100 pictures with family and friends that didn't include the over 100 wedding pictures that all included family and friends. They seem to overlook information in the application when it suits them. I know what was included because I helped her prepare her application. I wonder if she will get the same application back she submitted (blue book) or if they threw some of it in the garbage to back up their decision. I have heard of some people that reapplied that were approved, but I wish I had told my friend just to appeal it. She was devastated to be refused again, especially based on lies.
That's too bad, in my case we had great proof first time. But lady vo qas determined to say no. No matter what my husband did. He had an excellent interview, but she wrote notes that were lies, and negative. Ppl said to us reapply, we will get the Visa. But I was leary of that. But appeal was about 2 yrs in Saskatchewan. I went with appeal. As you have a greater if not excellent chance that the ppl who hear your appeal are Canadian and more open minded. They still asked alot of questions. Of both of us. It took us 2hrs to win. She can appeal now, perhaps get an adr as those are faster.

Marilyn13

Jul 8, 2018
That's too bad, in my case we had great proof first time. But lady vo qas determined to say no. No matter what my husband did. He had an excellent interview, but she wrote notes that were lies, and negative. Ppl said to us reapply, we will get the Visa. But I was leary of that. But appeal was about 2 yrs in Saskatchewan. I went with appeal. As you have a greater if not excellent chance that the ppl who hear your appeal are Canadian and more open minded. They still asked alot of questions. Of both of us. It took us 2hrs to win. She can appeal now, perhaps get an adr as those are faster.
I have given her the link to come on here because people on this thread seem to be very helpful. She said she is on some immigration board forum now, but nobody answers questions. She doesn't think she can get ADR because they were refused before, I don't know if that is true or not. Her lawyer told her they could still get ADR. The lawyer said it only takes a year to get a hearing date where she lives so that is not too bad. She said she had to wait almost 17 months to get refused this last time, so appealing will be faster for her!

Reactions: MaryL