+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
We received pre-arrival mail on 31st January and something similar last night. This information may be useful for applicants of other categories of immigration, but when spouse is already settled in Canada, instead of sending such mails, i believe, it would be better if IRCC concentrates on speedy processing of the applications. When they take almost 3 months to update the online status after receiving additional documents to - we are reviewing the additional documents you submitted, we have started processing your background check - reading the following mail is not a very pleasant experience.

Bulletin 2: Important Updates About your Immigration Application
Tuesday, 5 March, 2019 11:53 PM

Head’s up that your application is moving ahead. It’s time to start thinking about the next steps of your journey to Canada.

Here’s some more information for you to work on as you get closer to your new life in Canada. It’s a big decision to choose Canada as your new home, and we want to help you make that move a smooth one!

Rest assured that you have made the right choice. Canada is consistently ranked as among the most safe, most clean, and most free countries in the world, with excellent health care and education. Canada is truly one of the world’s best countries to call home!

It’s time to start thinking about the fabulous settlement services you can access. For many, there isfree support and training available to help with transition---have a look:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

It’s also time to do your internet research to find out more about the following subjects and other things important to you:

- Schooling for your children in Canada (when should you arrive to register your kids to school). Check provincial websites for this information.

- Click here to access the Canada Job Bank site, to post your resume and look for a job. You can also use private job search sites or job recruiters; it’s up to you!

- Accessing services and working in Canada. Click here for information about your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and working in Canada.

- Buying or Renting a home in Canada.

- Banking: Click here for a list of banks, insurance companies, and financial institutions operating in Canada. Click here for a list of institutions insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation.

- Videos about immigration and Canada: https://www.youtube.com/user/CitImmCanada.

Here’s a starter checklist for you to do more research:
ü DONE
ITEM
NOTES
Schooling & kids programs
Work – find a job
Social Insurance Number
Housing
Banking
Health Care
Transportation (public transportation, car & insurance)

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Hey

Hey hey! We won our appeal Aug 3. Case reopened in Sept. Bgc started Oct 25. my husband also in ss. Do you know how long your ss took?
I think our background starting end of January 2018...then was chosen for SS and sent to local office where they requested more documents. Which we sent in may 2017....I'm guessing anywhere from 8-12 months

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I think our background starting end of January 2018...then was chosen for SS and sent to local office where they requested more documents. Which we sent in may 2017....I'm guessing anywhere from 8-12 months
Okay thanks! 8 months was the average I've been told :) 4 months in Hopefully only 4 more to go!

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
what does that mean?
The appeal is allowed. The officer’s decision to refuse a permanent resident visa is set aside, and the officer must continue to process the application in accordance with the reasons of the Immigration Appeal Division.
Appeal is successful. The visa officer's decision to refuse immigration has been overturned. Visa office is directed to resume processing of the immigration application.
Did you get this decision letter? Congratulations!

Reactions: Braveos and Alicee

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Reactions: Alicee

Ana Paula

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
Appeal is successful. The visa officer's decision to refuse immigration has been overturned. Visa office is directed to resume processing of the immigration application.
Did you get this decision letter? Congratulations!
I received today in my email.
thanksssss

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
Our appeal was almost 2 years. In Saskatchewan. Then about another 5 months until my husband got his Visa.
Hi Mary, we had our full hearing date for Nov 28,2018, I went to Regina and my lawyer had to cancel the hearing due to his health. We just got an email that our hearing will be june 24,2019. That trip to Regina cost me just over 900.00 dollars due to 3 missed days of work, 2 nights hotel, gas, food. We just had our 3rd year anniversary, just spent our 5th new years together..this immigration truly hurts us physically, financially and emotionally. But we have a strong love and we will get through this. Blessings to you all.

gsa77

Feb 20, 2019
The way it was explained to me is that you can reapply after an appeal and CIC will take your money for submitting a new application, but once it goes to the visa office for eligibility they will evoke res judica without even giving you an interview. The only time they will consider an application after an appeal is if you have had a very significant change in your relationship which is very hard to prove after having an appeal dismissed.
OK so it seems both appeal and reapply will be refused anyway if there is no change. What do they consider a very significant change in relationship?

I created another thread about significant change. Feel free to participate:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-may-be-considered-as-a-significant-change-in-relationship.615889/

Last edited: