+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
It would be interesting to know what they consider ""proof" to be. My friend was turned down because they had engagement party but no wedding, no mututal committments and not enough visits according to the visa officer. By the time she resubmitted their application they had a big wedding, both had life insurance, shared bank account and credit card and they owned a car together. They also had 6 visits in the 2 years since being refused with her staying a month at a time each visit. The reasons for refusal the second time were a joke as they were not true. They said he didn't know the names of any of her family members which is not true. They said her husband had a precarious financial situation when he had a full time job which they submitted proof of in the application and they said that there were no pictures with family and friends when they had submitted over 100 pictures with family and friends that didn't include the over 100 wedding pictures that all included family and friends. They seem to overlook information in the application when it suits them. I know what was included because I helped her prepare her application. I wonder if she will get the same application back she submitted (blue book) or if they threw some of it in the garbage to back up their decision. I have heard of some people that reapplied that were approved, but I wish I had told my friend just to appeal it. She was devastated to be refused again, especially based on lies.
Truth of the matter is that they will refuse if your case has one or more of their so called red flags e.g. hasty marriage, big age difference, cultural, language and native country differences, wife older than the husband, etc. All the supporting evidence you provided will not be part of the blue book. That's what happened in my case.

balpunjabi

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
I got a email just now and it says improvements coming to your account starting 6March you will see progress in ur application
Please wt this mean
As I submitted my medical two weeks ago

Hope-19

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Truth of the matter is that they will refuse if your case has one or more of their so called red flags e.g. hasty marriage, big age difference, cultural, language and native country differences, wife older than the husband, etc. All the supporting evidence you provided will not be part of the blue book. That's what happened in my case.
I thought they had to return your whole file. I guess that covers their butts when they lie about things. In our case we were asked to submit additional information and that is when we sent in a ton of pictures, which apparently we will have to reprint. I think the IRCC/CIC should be honest with people if that is true about red flags. They should just tell people they have to appeal from the start and not take their money for a new application if they have no intention of considering it. Maybe that is why they allow the visa officers to lie about refusal reasons so the couple will take the hint they are never going to approve them and will have to appeal. (I find it hard to believe that the IRCC and the IAD do not know that some visa officers do this unethical stuff to applicants).

Reactions: Allison-MT

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
I thought they had to return your whole file. I guess that covers their butts when they lie about things. In our case we were asked to submit additional information and that is when we sent in a ton of pictures, which apparently we will have to reprint. I think the IRCC/CIC should be honest with people if that is true about red flags. They should just tell people they have to appeal from the start and not take their money for a new application if they have no intention of considering it. Maybe that is why they allow the visa officers to lie about refusal reasons so the couple will take the hint they are never going to approve them and will have to appeal. (I find it hard to believe that the IRCC and the IAD do not know that some visa officers do this unethical stuff to applicants).
I have been through it all and can appreciate your feelings. The system is unjust. I know how devastated one feels after getting that refusal letter. I shot emails to MP, the minister and the prime minister. The only useful suggestion i got was from the MP - that i should order GCMS notes.

Braveos

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Random question: Can you be rejected for the same thing after winning appeal? For example, rejected for relationship not being genuine - after winning appeal, can you get rejected for relationship not being genuine again?

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
I noticed a little change in the online status. They are processing our background check. Earlier it read 'Background checks have not started yet'.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview: You have completed your interview. Help - Interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Any inputs from those who have gone through it all? When can i expect PPR?

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
I got a email just now and it says improvements coming to your account starting 6March you will see progress in ur application
Please wt this mean
As I submitted my medical two weeks ago
It's not likely to be very helpful. They will put a bar showing the progress of your case on your application status. Quite similar to the one that we see if we track progress of the delivery of a parcel on Canada Post website .

Cuchi

Sep 17, 2018
Hi everyone, i need some advice for the adr meeting. Im scheduled on march 21 for the adr hearing. Anybody went through that? And what are the questions they will ask? Any help would be appreciate it. Thanks

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
I noticed a little change in the online status. They are processing our background check. Earlier it read 'Background checks have not started yet'.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview: You have completed your interview. Help - Interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Any inputs from those who have gone through it all? When can i expect PPR?
It’s progress indeed but it’s hard to tell when PPR will follow. This is because each visa office has its own pace.
It could take a few days to months but rest assured that if all goes well with background check, then PPR is next

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi everyone, i need some advice for the adr meeting. Im scheduled on march 21 for the adr hearing. Anybody went through that? And what are the questions they will ask? Any help would be appreciate it. Thanks

I was asked questions based on my application. Nothing outside it. I was asked about the concerns of the visa officer on why they refused.
I was blessed to have two nice men and it was all over in less than an hour.
For some, they were not asked to address concerns of the visa officer. So it’s always hard to tell for sure.
But I would say prepare yourself to address the reason why you think the visa officer was wrong to have refused your application. And also prepare to revisit when and how you met and how you have kept your relationship going since you met and since you married.

Go with your passport as well. Mine was looked at to correspond with all the dates I claimed I visited my spouse.

Good luck

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
It’s progress indeed but it’s hard to tell when PPR will follow. This is because each visa office has its own pace.
It could take a few days to months but rest assured that if all goes well with background check, then PPR is next
Thanks for your reply. But i was looking for a response from someone who had this line in background check status: we are processing your background check.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
In addition to what AnneMarrrie wrote minister's counsel can ask you about previous marriage, if you had one. Especially if divorce took place after you migrated to Canada.
In my case minister's counsel was nasty. He didn't allow the appeal saying he needed to speak to my wife. He wouldn't do that as it's not allowed under rules governing ADR conference. But ADR conference is granted only if IAD and minister's counsel think a case can be decided by talking to the sponsor only. So minister's counsel holds all the cards. IAD representative doesn't have a role in it.
About 50% of appeals are allowed in the ADR conference. Best wishes for your ADR conference.