+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

k_ilyasi

May 7, 2018
Hi, sorry to hear about your rejection. Don't loose hope. If you are selected for ADR, it will be only with you and your representative. If you have to go through full hearing, you will represent from here and your spouse is expected to be available on phone as well.
Thank you for your reply. As what is usually the wait time before your scheduled for a hearing?
Also does it help getting a lawyer or consultant?

munimisu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
Thank you for your reply. As what is usually the wait time before your scheduled for a hearing?
Also does it help getting a lawyer or consultant?
You are welcome. If you are selected for ADR (alternative dispute resolution - which is fast track to resolute), it can be anywhere from 8-10 months to have the meeting (based on my experience in Toronto). If you have to go through full hearing, I was told it can be from 1-1.5 year to have the hearing date. After positive outcome from any of them, your file will go back to original embassy and it will be couple of months for them to process the application again.

ADR is very informal, I used a lawyer to submit my application, but not using them for ADR as everybody in forum advising its not necessary. If you can communicate well, you will not need a layer/consultant.

It's a tedious journey ahead, but stay strong and be supportive to your spouse as well.

munimisu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
I am soo nervous my hearing is in 2weeks.. do they voice call or video call your spouse?
And who phone they will use to call
Are you going for ADR or full hearing? If they call, you will be asked to carry a calling card with sufficient balance for them to use.

Taj23

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
July 19,2017
AOR Received.
October 20,2017
File Transfer...
October 12,2017
Med's Done....
September
Interview........
23-03-2018 but cancelled, rescheduling skype interview.
Hello guys , i am filling out the notice of appeal just now but I am not sure what my visa file number would be? Do you guys know where I can find that ? And could i put my cell number for the home telephone since there is no cell phone option? Please anyone who filled this form let me know what i need to do. And could i sumbit it and later her a lawyer invovled ? Or should i get a lawyer first then submit the notice of appeal?

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
How long does scheduling conference last? Apart from discussing hearing date what else they may ask? Thought of remaining glued to phone for 4 hours waiting for their call is not very comforting .

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
How long does scheduling conference last? Apart from discussing hearing date what else they may ask? Thought of remaining glued to phone for 4 hours waiting for their call is not very comforting .
Less than 30 min, they will talk to you about how to prepare for you appeal, what to bring to the appeal and you can ask them questions. They will also ask you who are going to be the witness at your hearing and if an interpreter is required. They will give you a hearing date after that.

Davinson

Jun 5, 2018
good evening from Nigeria family and friends on this platform,
no one is a master when it comes to issue of immigration.
I am here to announce that today my lawyer informed me hearing date of September 25,2018 has been fixed.

My wife now in UK since December since she is also a citizen.
Anyone with the special advice to follow please do not hesitate to state it clearly here.
I ll also use this opportunity to thank everybody on this platform and I pray we ll all hear good news by the grace of God.
Amen.
Thanks once again
If you have gone through your blue book you will see the reasons why AVO refused your application and make sure you talk about those things and make sure your answers are the same because they are likely to interview you separately and compare the answers you both give just to see if there are discrepancies. Know yourselves in and out. Good Luck. Prepare for the whole day Sept 25 depending on the nature of your refusal.

Reactions: Alicee

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Less than 30 min, they will talk to you about how to prepare for you appeal, what to bring to the appeal and you can ask them questions. They will also ask you who are going to be the witness at your hearing and if an interpreter is required. They will give you a hearing date after that.
Thanks for your reply.
I have submitted supporting documents 3 times already. After the ADR conference minister's counsel took 45 to tell me that he needed to speak to my wife. And that according to their rules is possible only in the full hearing.
Since minister's counsel didn't have any questions to ask me i don't intend to take any witnesses with me to the hearing. I will give them the names and phone numbers of the people who could be contacted as witnesses. They may not have much to talk on phone during scheduling conference except for finalizing the hearing date. Waiting for their call from 10am to 2pm could be painful. I wonder why they couldn't just tell me the hearing date through mail.

It IS WELL

Star Member
Aug 12, 2016
My full hearing lasted 6 hours tho. Wife was called first for about 45 minutes then they called me and called all the witness involved. Be prepared for a lot of questions
Hi Davinson, my appeal is coming up very soon. Though i have no date now but immigration told me that it will be between September and November. I am wondering if you could please tell me the kind of questions to expect and what kind of questions they may ask my wife. I would appreciate your response. I will also welcome the contributions of all. Thank you

Davinson

Jun 5, 2018
Hi Davinson, my appeal is coming up very soon. Though i have no date now but immigration told me that it will be between September and November. I am wondering if you could please tell me the kind of questions to expect and what kind of questions they may ask my wife. I would appreciate your response. I will also welcome the contributions of all. Thank you
Depending on the nature of your refusal.. Mine was genuineness of marriage and that i entered into the marriage to acquire Canadian status, so the bulk of questions i was asking was about when we met, who proposed, how we met, what prompted us to marry, and how many kids we intend to have, where we intend to live, if we have prenup or discussed about it, if we share finances, etc. Knowing the nature of your refusal will determine the nature of the questions they will ask you. If your not comfortable putting it on this platform you can PM me so i can know how to assist more. Hope this Helps

Reactions: Alicee and munimisu