19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
24-09-2014 (updated IMM1344), Submitted October 2014
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2015, Full Hearing December 7, 2016, Oral Decision given right away, Written Decision received December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Request for Updated Forms,Medical &Police Clearances: January 23, 2017, Emailed Scanned Copies February 22,2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
DECISION MADE....is my status in ecas.:):):) . Waiting for the passport request email now.

Just opened and checked my status in CIC website and i can`t believe it`s Decision made after waiting for 3 months and one week after i submitted my updated forms.

Don`t be discouraged guys, your time will come. Let the positive thoughts flow.

Reactions: Alicee

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Visa officers are not answerable. They often refuse cases based on reasons which are in direct contradiction with the evidence provided. In my case they didn't include even a single supporting document I submitted alongwith my application, in the blue book or record for appeal.
We must not accept this injustice as our fait accompli and fight for our rights.

TRUE LOVE

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
can any one plz tell me if i can check online status of my appeal .i am currently waiting for my full hearing ?i want to change my address too .?

Client.PK2014

Jan 16, 2017
Hy everyone i am facing very hard time and very confused about appeal...I am unable to understand what to do..I want good asian lawyer that understand my case well...still my lawyer didn't provide evidence to IAD.lawyer told me she will submit soon and we will have hearing in the start of 2018 as i appealed in the start of 2016...please advise me what to do? what if i reapply and reject then....???please reply me facing very hard time.i am waiting of your response.
Thank you

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Hi,
Hy guys i am in tention alot...i dont know what will happen?????Once i read or think about immgeration then i take tention alot......i am worried alot alot....IAD lady told me they will give me date between july to Agust. What will happen in full hearing i have stress alot plz help me????I filed appeal in Feb 2016....Got blue book in june 2016 still waiting...Please reply me please share your experience.
Hi, You are not alone, myself and everyone here knows how you feel because we are going through the same emotions. The hardest thing is not knowing when your hearing will be and when the separation with your spouse will end. I am going for full hearing in the first week of JULY this year.

MY TIMELINE:

Sponsored my husband : May 2014

Husband went for interview : Nov 2014

Got rejection letter : Jan 2015

Filed Appeal : Jan 2015

Received Blue book: April 2015

Received hearing date: Mar 2016

FULL HEARING : July 2017

So from my timeline you can see that from the date I filed appeal to the date of the hearing, its about 29 months. BTW I'M IN TORONTO

I am going to see my lawyer next week to prepare for the hearing. My husband and I are very in tuned to each other and we know everything about each other but we are still going through possible questions that might come up during the hearing and making sure we are on the same page involving our answers.

My hearing will be @ 8:45 am, I'm not sure how long it will last. I will ask my lawyer about that when I go to see him next week. My case is based upon immigration doesn't believe that our relationship is genuine. We will have to do our best to prove that it is real in order to win our appeal.

When I got married and the papers were processing, I went back two times a year to see my husband, I would usually spend about a 2 weeks to a month every time. When I filed the appeal I started going and spending three months in a row, twice a year, so that's living half a year with him. I started increasing that would only come back to Canada and spend a month or two and then go back and spending 4 to 5 months at a time with him. My husband and I have been together for 12 years and its hard living apart so since we got married we've tried to be together as much as possible. This whole experience has made our relationship stronger and we value each other more now. I have put my life on hold in Canada to spend as much time with my husband. I feel that immigration should see that I put my life on hold here to live with my husband and that our relationship is genuine. Who would do something like that if their relationship was not genuine.

I will be sure to give updates on how everything goes. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask, it will be my pleasure to help. I know what its like to go through this process and go through the emotions. Its not an easy task. Just have to take it one day at a time and keep in mind that one day it will end and you will be together.

I always pray for the best and think positive thoughts. God has his own timing. My husband and I have come to a decision that whatever the outcome is from this hearing we won't let that affect us. We love each other and will always be together no matter where we live.

I pray for everyone here that we will be victorious in Jesus name. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

lonelymrs

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
15-10-2014
LANDED..........
FULL HEARING WON FEB 15/2017!!
DECISION MADE....is my status in ecas.:):):) . Waiting for the passport request email now.

Just opened and checked my status in CIC website and i can`t believe it`s Decision made after waiting for 3 months and one week after i submitted my updated forms.

Don`t be discouraged guys, your time will come. Let the positive thoughts flow.
That's AMAZING Congratulations!!! I'm patiently waiting for mine to change to "Decision made"

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-10-2015 (extended until July 25,2017)
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016 (arrived @ KVO on 04-12-2016)
Hello sorry for the late response but yes they're the original forms and when they contact you via mail or email they will tell you where to send your updated info, I mailed mine express post to them! As for the email address I'm not sure I,m going to try to find it myself as I'm getting anxious and inpatient now waiting as its been 3 months since our hearing! This process is a bloody nightmare this July it will be 4 yrs since we applied :(

Hi guys, my name is Tricia and my hubby was denied in December on the grounds of our marriage not being real. I got the refusal letter in January, appeal it in January. They sent me a letter in February acknowledging the appeal. Now I'm just waiting for the next step. My question is can you explain to me what the hearing was like and things that I should look out for?

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2015, Full Hearing December 7, 2016, Oral Decision given right away, Written Decision received December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Request for Updated Forms,Medical &Police Clearances: January 23, 2017, Emailed Scanned Copies February 22,2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
That's AMAZING Congratulations!!! I'm patiently waiting for mine to change to "Decision made"
Thanks. I was so happy to see these two letters on my ecas, Decision Made. Still waiting for my passport request email, maybe on Monday.

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Hi guys, my name is Tricia and my hubby was denied in December on the grounds of our marriage not being real. I got the refusal letter in January, appeal it in January. They sent me a letter in February acknowledging the appeal. Now I'm just waiting for the next step. My question is can you explain to me what the hearing was like and things that I should look out for?
If you kindly look at my other posts, you will have an idea what happened during my Full Hearing. This thread have a lot of information. To give you some encouragement, I am a member of this Forum for close to 7 years and a majority who appealed won the Full hearing. So the Full Hearing is actually your chance to answer all the questions raised by the Visa Officer who refused your application. Review your Bluebook, know your case inside out.

Jul 23, 2016
Is it worthwhile appealing a negative decision made against a Spousal Immigration subject to Section 117 (9)(d)?
I failed to disclose my marriage at the time of landing for my PR. Needless to say that I careless and now suffering the consequences.
I married my girlfriend for 8 years in January 2016
Date I applied for my PR: August 2015
Date I obtained my PR: March 2016
Date I applied for my wife's PR: October 2016
Ineligibility letter from CPC-Mississauga: December 2016
H & C application made to Canadain High Commission in New Delhi: February 2017
Refusal letter for PR Application under H & C from Canadian High Commission based in New Delhi: May 2017

Please suggest a way out. My lawyer's suggestion is to make an appeal to the Federal Court with for H & C consideration of the case.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Is it worthwhile appealing a negative decision made against a Spousal Immigration subject to Section 117 (9)(d)?
I failed to disclose my marriage at the time of landing for my PR. Needless to say that I careless and now suffering the consequences.
Refusal letter for PR Application under H & C from Canadian High Commission based in New Delhi: May 2017

Please suggest a way out. My lawyer's suggestion is to make an appeal to the Federal Court with for H & C consideration of the case.
it's sort of your fault for not adding her as a dependant or tell them that you have an unaccompanied dependent and the h&c they look at the first rejection if your wasting money there maybe your wife can come on fsw visa and apply on her own

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016

IMHO, it seems your lawyer is taking you for a ride. From what little you've shared of your circumstances, I see very little chance of success on H&C considerations. If you read past decisions, you will see that even couples that have been married for a long time, and with children, being refused on H&C grounds.

Please consider Zardoz's advice to you from December 2016:
QUOTE="zardoz, post: 5656013, member: 403013"]There is very little that can be done at this point. 117(9)(d) is very strict and almost certainly would be upheld if you tried to appeal to the federal court. What has been suggested in cases like this is that the sponsor renounce their own PR status and that they reapply for PR from the beginning again as a married couple. This removes the Family Class Sponsorship from the equation and doesn't invoke 117(9) (d).[/QUOTE]

An appeal will set you back perhaps another 2-3 years just to get to hearing, then I don't know how much longer to get it to Federal Court for H&C consideration after your appeal has been refused.

You had mentioned that your wife is also a Registered Nurse and could easily qualify if she applied for PR on her own merits. Has your lawyer suggested that you try that route?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
IMHO, it seems your lawyer is taking you for a ride. From what little you've shared of your circumstances, I see very little chance of success on H&C considerations. If you read past decisions, you will see that even couples that have been married for a long time, and with children, being refused on H&C grounds.

Please consider Zardoz's advice to you from December 2016:
QUOTE="zardoz, post: 5656013, member: 403013"]There is very little that can be done at this point. 117(9)(d) is very strict and almost certainly would be upheld if you tried to appeal to the federal court. What has been suggested in cases like this is that the sponsor renounce their own PR status and that they reapply for PR from the beginning again as a married couple. This removes the Family Class Sponsorship from the equation and doesn't invoke 117(9) (d).
An appeal will set you back perhaps another 2-3 years just to get to hearing, then I don't know how much longer to get it to Federal Court for H&C consideration after your appeal has been refused.

You had mentioned that your wife is also a Registered Nurse and could easily qualify if she applied for PR on her own merits. Has your lawyer suggested that you try that route?[/QUOTE]

i agree and seems like the lawyer is trying to ripe him off she can apply on her own as fsw or skill worker or express entry I suggest he saves his own money and let her come on her own. I suspect the lawyer did not suggest it a good lawyer would

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Hi lonelymrs,

1)How long did the full hearing take?
2)Did they question both you and your spouse?
3)What questions did they ask and how many?