22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
im sad to hear ur case is like mine...my husband is tunisian and we were devestated to be refused...we ill have appeal hearing this oct..
Thank you for your kind words, I am sorry to hear you had to go through this too. How long ago did you file for the appeal? I wish you all the best with that. May I ask what his interview was like and were the notes afterward an accurate account of how things went, how he answered, etc...?

My husband's interview went pretty much like how other posters here with the same Tunisia VO have reported (as with Morocco and Algeria as well). However it was 3 and a half hours long. The officer seemed to have already made up her mind before he arrived based on stereotypes and outdated cultural "norms". She was condescending, rude, humiliated him a few times, made derogatory comments about me, sneered at his answers, cut him off repeatedly mid sentence and proceeded to answer on her own, twisted or wrongly paraphrased what he said, asked totally ridiculous questions when there were more pertinent important things she should have been asking but didn't.

He answered a lot in English, but took an interpreter with him for the sake of making sure everything was entirely clear on both sides and to ensure he could give the fullest, best answers and descriptions possible when she asked complex questions. She ridiculed him for this and said she doesn't know how he communicates with me then (completely ignoring the 3 years worth of communication proof we submitted).

She did not have the courtesy to look at all the additional proof he brought with him to the interview which included more visits since we were married, tons of pictures with family and friends, records of our constant communication, and some other very relevant stuff. We are completely shocked because while we expected it to be difficult, felt we were prepared and that our evidence was so strong that it would of course be granted. Both of our families are 100% supportive and his family loves me to bits which we demonstrated. We sent in a ton of evidence with our application, there is no way that anyone who objectively reviewed it all could have deemed us not in a genuine relationship and we addressed red flags comprehensively and from our point of view, did a really good job of that.

This whole thing has me out of my mind and feeling so helpless because they haven't sent us the proper refusal letter yet and we need that to start the appeal.

mrs.ben nafla

May 21, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Thank you for your kind words, I am sorry to hear you had to go through this too. How long ago did you file for the appeal? I wish you all the best with that. May I ask what his interview was like and were the notes afterward an accurate account of how things went, how he answered, etc...?

My husband's interview went pretty much like how other posters here with the same Tunisia VO have reported (as with Morocco and Algeria as well). However it was 3 and a half hours long. The officer seemed to have already made up her mind before he arrived based on stereotypes and outdated cultural "norms". She was condescending, rude, humiliated him a few times, made derogatory comments about me, sneered at his answers, cut him off repeatedly mid sentence and proceeded to answer on her own, twisted or wrongly paraphrased what he said, asked totally ridiculous questions when there were more pertinent important things she should have been asking but didn't.

He answered a lot in English, but took an interpreter with him for the sake of making sure everything was entirely clear on both sides and to ensure he could give the fullest, best answers and descriptions possible when she asked complex questions. She ridiculed him for this and said she doesn't know how he communicates with me then (completely ignoring the 3 years worth of communication proof we submitted).

She did not have the courtesy to look at all the additional proof he brought with him to the interview which included more visits since we were married, tons of pictures with family and friends, records of our constant communication, and some other very relevant stuff. We are completely shocked because while we expected it to be difficult, felt we were prepared and that our evidence was so strong that it would of course be granted. Both of our families are 100% supportive and his family loves me to bits which we demonstrated. We sent in a ton of evidence with our application, there is no way that anyone who objectively reviewed it all could have deemed us not in a genuine relationship and we addressed red flags comprehensively and from our point of view, did a really good job of that.

This whole thing has me out of my mind and feeling so helpless because they haven't sent us the proper refusal letter yet and we need that to start the appeal.
OMg...ur story is exactl like mine...its creeping me out...everything u said is same..

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicee

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Good morning mates,
This is exactly 130 days now i have submitted my appeal notification nd we have not received our file or bluebook. Its very frustrating how this people treating us, i wonder if they have families nd feel our pains nd loneliness.
Please if there is anyone here that understand how they work try put the ideas here for us to learn more.
Thank you!!!

mrs.ben nafla

May 21, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Good morning mates,
This is exactly 130 days now i have submitted my appeal notification nd we have not received our file or bluebook. Its very frustrating how this people treating us, i wonder if they have families nd feel our pains nd loneliness.
Please if there is anyone here that understand how they work try put the ideas here for us to learn more.
Thank you!!!
i filed mine in oct and finally got my file first week of april...the appeal board told me it takes about 5 months for u to get ur copies....

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH very soon landing
hello everyone I apply the appeal January and still not rec the blue book but I am sleeping same like immigration because me and my spouse everyday talking and chatting each other video calling then what can we do that is why just look immigration how to play our feelings before we send many email to immigration but now we did not send they don't reply any email why we are make a crazy they don't have feeling that any one submit the case because they met the wife and continue the life but any one go for interview just ask to question then said your marriage is not genie I think they made god they know everything .:):):):confused::confused::eek::oops:o_O

mrs.ben nafla

May 21, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FAM
hello everyone I apply the appeal January and still not rec the blue book but I am sleeping same like immigration because me and my spouse everyday talking and chatting each other video calling then what can we do that is why just look immigration how to play our feelings before we send many email to immigration but now we did not send they don't reply any email why we are make a crazy they don't have feeling that any one submit the case because they met the wife and continue the life but any one go for interview just ask to question then said your marriage is not genie I think they made god they know everything .:):):):confused::confused::eek::oops:o_O
email is not work..find ur office of appeal and call or write letters..lots of them..call and tell them ur client id number to chheck ur file.....

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
i filed mine in oct and finally got my file first week of april...the appeal board told me it takes about 5 months for u to get ur copies....
They keep giving different confusing update or news.
We are really getting tired of the whole process.
VO got all he asked for and still ignorantly or wickedly refuse an application on excuse of non genuine marriage. Relationship of 11 good years and also constant communication. All in God hand....

mrs.ben nafla

May 21, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FAM
VO got all he asked for and still ignorantly or wickedly refuse an application on excuse of non genuine marriage. Relationship of 11 good years and also constant communication. All in God hand....
Yes. We are all in same situation here.. where are u ? Find ur appeal board office and call them with ur I'd number for help.

mrs.ben nafla

May 21, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Pls dont give up...yes u are tired and frustrated..but keep at it..dont give up..CIC wants u to fail...dont give them that satisfaction ..prove them wrong..FIGHT back by keeping strong and be persistent..call write..go to the office in person....

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
soon
Pls dont give up...yes u are tired and frustrated..but keep at it..dont give up..CIC wants u to fail...dont give them that satisfaction ..prove them wrong..FIGHT back by keeping strong and be persisnt..call write..go to the office in person....
Thank you Mrs Ben...
Its unfortunate I am not in Canada but in Nigeria.
Thank you for your word of courage, the worse part they won't even give you visa to visit ur spouse. Its so frustrating that my wife want to quit her job and join me here but for security and economic reason am afraid. But at the end she ll be with me till case finalised.

mrs.ben nafla

May 21, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Thank you Mrs Ben...
Its unfortunate I am not in Canada but in Nigeria.
Thank you for your word of courage, the worse part they won't even give you visa to visit ur spouse. Its so frustrating that my wife want to quit her job and join me here but for security and economic reason am afraid. But at the end she ll be with me till case finalised.
Fight to stay together and be good.. don't give up.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

Can you complain or get this officer fired seems like she just a mean girl

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
How about contacting an mp