+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
deeafahd said:
The message you quote,, two months from now...,, is an answer for a person whos application got refuse and appealed so probably that s why got so long....I did not got denie yet, I know probably is the wrong thread to post my messages and I got you confuse since I did not appealed but I came here because I was and I am still worried that they will denie our application due huge age gap between us (my husband is older 28 yrs) , anyway I hope that s not the case :)
I believe there will not be an interview anymore since they ask to redo my medical and police certificate, they did not ask for more proof of genuineness of relationship so I think that s a good sign
I am glad that you and your husband have been spared the 2+ years of waiting and uncertainty that some of us in this forum have gone through, or is still in the process of going through. Hopefully this means that the new government's commitment to family reunification has resulted in some behind-the-scenes policy and procedural changes that has filtered down to the visa offices. And hopefully, for the rest of us, it will be the same on the appeal side of things.

Perhaps you can share with us some of the strategies that you used to avoid refusal? Unfortunately, sometimes it comes down to being processed by the wrong visa officer, or the visa officer having a bad day on the day of your interview.

Best wishes for a happy future in Canada for you and your husband.

Reactions: Alicee

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Thx for your nice thought... I am not completely shure I avoid the appeal but I hope I did and I am very sorry for all of you who waited so mich and still...
. So that my story:
I met my husband online (he is divorve with 2 kids and in that time I had bf, also 28 yrs between us), we talked a lot like friends for around 5-6 months, I got separated od my then bf and after few weeks I met my husband in real.
We spend just a week together then he left.
After 2 months he visited me again for 1 month and we got married(small civil wedding just my familly present and some friends of m8ne), after that month he left.
We applied in October 4th 2015 and waiting for a year., but in all this waiting we visited together another country for 2 weeks and I visited part of his family, and also he visited me so much, he spent around 7 months with me :).
We send them few times additional proof. I this it helped so much that he lived with me after marriage and he he is currently still with me waiting for my visa. He is working remotely from here.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
deeafahd said:
The message you quote,, two months from now...,, is an answer for a person whos application got refuse and appealed so probably that s why got so long....I did not got denie yet, I know probably is the wrong thread to post my messages and I got you confuse since I did not appealed but I came here because I was and I am still worried that they will denie our application due huge age gap between us (my husband is older 28 yrs) , anyway I hope that s not the case :)
I believe there will not be an interview anymore since they ask to redo my medical and police certificate, they did not ask for more proof of genuineness of relationship so I think that s a good sign
Deeafahd. It sounds like you still have some doubts. I say relax, all the signs are positive. And being worried won't make it any better.

If they do call you on the huge age gap, simply ask them who is the Canadian Prime Minister? Do you know what age his parents were when they married? If they deny you on that basis, they are also saying that Prime Minister should never have been born. And dare them to say it to his face. :D

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/justin-trudeaus-mother-margaret-was-like-the-princess-diana-of-canada--with-a-happy-ending/2015/10/22/8d286c30-7907-11e5-bc80-9091021aeb69_story.html

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
deeafahd said:
Thx for your nice thought... I am not completely shure I avoid the appeal but I hope I did and I am very sorry for all of you who waited so mich and still...
. So that my story:
I met my husband online (he is divorve with 2 kids and in that time I had bf, also 28 yrs between us), we talked a lot like friends for around 5-6 months, I got separated od my then bf and after few weeks I met my husband in real.
We spend just a week together then he left.
After 2 months he visited me again for 1 month and we got married(small civil wedding just my familly present and some friends of m8ne), after that month he left.
We applied in October 4th 2015 and waiting for a year., but in all this waiting we visited together another country for 2 weeks and I visited part of his family, and also he visited me so much, he spent around 7 months with me :).
We send them few times additional proof. I this it helped so much that he lived with me after marriage and he he is currently still with me waiting for my visa. He is working remotely from here.
Thanks for sharing your story with us. Wow, there was a time when that would have set off so many red flags. That you seem to have been given a green light gives a measure of hope to the rest of us, who were denied for much lesser reasons. I think the one strong proof is that you were able to spend so much time together as a couple. Most of us don't have a job that give us the opportunity to do that.

All the signs are good; I don't think you have anything to worry about. Stay positive, and enjoy the time you have together rather than worrying about the future.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Thanks again!!...I did not know about the Prime Minister s parents...but that s a good point ;)
If they will approve my application with all the red flagss I have, I must say I am very lucky, and I am happy if my story would give hopes to other couples in the same boat as us :)
We just have to wait and see what is gonna happen...I just redid my medical today and also I send them the new police certificate, hopefully I will hear soon from them some good news.
Btw here are couple of pictures of us , with our 28 years gap...Age is just a number !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
https://postimg.org/image/x505i7a3f/
https://postimg.org/image/87kxc8p8z/

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
wait_so_long said:
Deeafahd. It sounds like you still have some doubts. I say relax, all the signs are positive. And being worried won't make it any better.

If they do call you on the huge age gap, simply ask them who is the Canadian Prime Minister? Do you know what age his parents were when they married? If they deny you on that basis, they are also saying that Prime Minister should never have been born. And dare them to say it to his face. :D

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/justin-trudeaus-mother-margaret-was-like-the-princess-diana-of-canada--with-a-happy-ending/2015/10/22/8d286c30-7907-11e5-bc80-9091021aeb69_story.html
After I read the article about Prime Minister s parents I do not think anymore that is a really good poin to mentioned that since I see she got divorce of the older husband and remarried with one her age :)) :))

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
deeafahd said:
After I read the article about Prime Minister s parents I do not think anymore that is a really good poin to mentioned that since I see she got divorce of the older husband and remarried with one her age :)) :))
Very true, it was quite a tumultuous marriage. But if they had not been allowed to get together, then our prime minister would never have been conceived. And it was that relationship that helped shape the young Justin Trudeau into the man he is today. So, in a way, you can say that their union was an important part of shaping Canadian history.

For a Canadian love story where there was also a huge age gap, you don't have to look any further than Celine Dion and her husband, Rene:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/relationships/g3070/celine-dion-rene-angelil-romance/

Of course, there are also many such unions amongst ordinary people, people that we never hear about. And just like any other marriage, some will succeed, and some will fail. But it doesn't mean that they shouldn't be given a chance to succeed.

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
hiii guys i really need ur help wih any advices for me really need help im so stressed scared and afraid cause i have hearing on 16/9/2016 and i have no idea about the way of questions or how my spouse shoul speak with them....we r both scared :'(

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I have been preparing for our ADR for awhile I am waiting for a date and I have used information on this web site to help me put together information Hope it helps you.
http://mtcsalc.org/en/publications/immigration/immigration-appeal-rights-and-process/?p=2

Syphonic

Aug 12, 2015
Hello

A brief overview of my situation. My husband and I married in 2013 and our spousal sponsorship permanent resident application was denied December 8, 2015. I am Canadian and he is Algerian. We have been denied as they feel that our relationship is not genuine (difference in age, religion, culture and socio-economic background). I think that I have good rebuttals to all of these concerns. We have our phone interview with IAD in early Oct 2016. They have indicated that the appeal will be scheduled for early November. Is the call in October just to ensure that we have a plan? Does anyone have experience with this process and can provide me with advice?

Thanks

Dawn

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I am in PEI and will have a tele conference in OCT or NOV. So the tele conference will be from Montreal and after speaking to the agent in Montreal it works the same as if I were in Montreal.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Haussem Hoo said:
hiii guys i really need ur help wih any advices for me really need help im so stressed scared and afraid cause i have hearing on 16/9/2016 and i have no idea about the way of questions or how my spouse shoul speak with them....we r both scared :'(
It's perfectly understandable to be a little nervous before such an important, potentially life-changing, event, but it sounds like you're not even prepared for the upcoming hearing. I really hope that's not the case, as it's not something where you'd be able to wing it, and expect success.

Sorry, I don't mean to make you even more nervous or scared. If you really believe in your relationship, that confidence should show, even through the cover of nervousness. But you need more than just confidence to convince then that your relationship is genuine.

Are you sure it's the full hearing, and not ADR? Are you working with a lawyer or other representative? Have you already sent in proof of your relationship? Have you adequately addressed the concerns of the Visa Officer?

M

mikeymyke

Haussem Hoo said:
3 days before the hearing and you didn't even try to figure out what questions they will be asking or prepare for it? What in the world have you been doing in the past year?

If you and your spouse are truly genuine and know everything about each other (which you should as a married couple), the hearing shouldn't be a problem as your spouse should be able to answer everything about you accurately.

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Can lawyer speak during ADR??
mikeymyke said:
3 days before the hearing and you didn't even try to figure out what questions they will be asking or prepare for it? What in the world have you been doing in the past year?

If you and your spouse are truly genuine and know everything about each other (which you should as a married couple), the hearing shouldn't be a problem as your spouse should be able to answer everything about you accurately.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
A Lawyer can not speak directly in an ADR They can assist you but you do all the speaking.