+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

oneness

Aug 16, 2012
Haussem Hoo said:
hiii guys i really need ur help wih any advices for me really need help im so stressed scared and afraid cause i have hearing on 16/9/2016 and i have no idea about the way of questions or how my spouse shoul speak with them....we r both scared :'(
Hey,

I know exactly how you are feeling right now, but like what few people have said you should have any worries as long as your relationship is solid. See below for sample of likely questions from another posting. good luck.

1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
2. How did you meet your spouse?
3. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?
4. What does your spouse do for a living?
5. Where did your spouse go to school'?
6. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
7. How did your spouse immigrate to Canada?
8. Where does your spouse work?
9. What is the name of the company? What position does your spouse hold? How long has your spouse worked there?
10. What does the job entail?
I l. Does your spouse like his or her job?
12. What is the salary?
13. Where does your spouse live?
14. Whom does your spouse live with?
15. Where are you going to live when you go to Canada?
16. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.
17. What is your religion?
18. What is the religion of your spouse?
18. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?
19. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.
20. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.
21. What type of music do you enjoy?
22. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?
23. What kind of movies do you enjoy?
24. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?
25. What kind of books do you read?
26. What kind of books does your spouse read?
27. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain.
28. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?
29. Was your marriage arranged?
30. If it was arranged describe how it was arranged and by whom?
31. Did you have a ceremony celebrating your relationship?
32. Where was it held?
33. When was it held?
34. Describethe ceremony?
35. Did it conform to your own religious and cultural beliefs? Explain.
36. When did you get married?
37. Where did you get married?
38. Who was at the wedding?
39. What family members were there?
40. How many people were at the ceremony?
41. What day was the ceremony held on?
42. Who performed the ceremony?
43. Do you have pictures of the ceremony?
44. Who was at the ceremony from your side?
45. Who was at the ceremony from your spouse’s side?
46. Were any friends present?
47. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?
48. Were your parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
49. Are your parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
50. Where your spouse’s parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
51. Were your spouse’s parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
52. Was a reception held? When and where was it held?
53. Who was present at the reception?
54. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.
55. Did you on a honeymoon? Where did you go and for how long?
56. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the honeymoon, wedding nd reception?
57. Have you or your spouse been married before?
58. Why was that relationship dissolved?
59. Do you have any children from your current relationship or marriage?
60. How many children?
61. What are the names and birth dates?
62. Where are the children now?
63. Who looks after the children?
64. Do any other family members reside with you and your spouse? If yes, please indicate their names and relationship.
65. What relatives do you have in Canada?
66. What are their names and where do they live?
67. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?
68. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?
69. Have you met any of your spouse’s relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?
70. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse’s educational background are compatible?
71. What will you do when you go to Canada'?
72. Why did you marry your spouse?
73. Since your marriage have you seen your spouse? If not, why not?
74. Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to Canada?
75. Did you marry your spouse so that you could sponsor your parents as landed immigrants of Canada?
76. How do you correspond with your spouse?
77. How often do you talk on the phone?
78. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?
79. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine.
80. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?
81. Does your spouse support you financially?
82. Do you support your spouse financially?
83. If I refuse this application what will you do?

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
we r applying as conjugal partner thats why im scared and my wife when she ask in the court they said that we r the first people apply like this thats what will make it more confortable .....i trust my self and my wife and i kow whats between me and her but im just asking if any of u guys have the same case before like conjugal partner cause all what i see that u guys al married .....and sorry for bothering guys just little bit nervous and scared thats why im asking

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Haussem Hoo said:
we r applying as conjugal partner thats why im scared and my wife when she ask in the court they said that we r the first people apply like this thats what will make it more confortable .....i trust my self and my wife and i kow whats between me and her but im just asking if any of u guys have the same case before like conjugal partner cause all what i see that u guys al married .....and sorry for bothering guys just little bit nervous and scared thats why im asking
There's probably a good reason that you're the first to apply as a conjugal relationship. I expect the burden of proof to be much higher.

Expect a whole bunch of questions about your conjugal relationship, as marriage is one of the key indicators of a committed relationship - and even that wasn't good enough in our cases. :( Some couples here even have had a baby together, and were still refused. Be ready to explain why you haven't married yet, and how you know it's a genuine relationship if your partner won't even marry you. How you know that once she lands, she won't take off to marry her true love. How she knows that your relationship is true if you refer to her as your "wife", yet won't take the final step?

Beyond being able to answer questions, you need evidence. Things like shared bank accounts and the like. Photos and communications history. etc.

I suspect conjugal is mainly for relationships where the marriage would be forbidden or banned in the applicant's country. Is your "wife" the same gender as you? Are you related? Is either party still legally married to someone else? Is this a secret relationship?

I see you had the same post back in March. What happened at that time? Was that for ADR? Was your hearing delayed for some reason?

M

mikeymyke

Haussem Hoo said:
Why did you guys apply as conjugal? Explain your situation to us, was there a reason you could not get married in either partner's country?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Haussem Hoo said:
Don't contradict yourself, or each other. Half-truths and evasiveness are also forms of deceit. Two people can look at the same thing or situation, and have two different interpretations, which may result in contradictory answers to the same question.

Even on this forum, you first call her your spouse and wife, then later come out to say that she's only a conjugal partner. Are you legally considered common-law in either country? You say that you've been told that you're the first to apply as a conjugal couple, yet you ask if any of us are in the same situation.

A lot of little things add up and eat away at your credibility. First impressions also count. If you come off being not credible at the beginning of the hearing, it will affect how they view you for the rest of the full-day hearing.

M

mikeymyke

I just think it's crazy he's not even remotely prepared for the hearing just a couple days before it happens. What the heck has he been doing after getting the refusal letter?

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
Haussem Hoo said:
We had a successful Conjugal partner appeal. Any question you want to ask feel free to ask me.

tofanikanudo

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-5-2013
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
How long do I have to wait for PPR..its been more than three months since I submitted all updated forms and PCC, Medical after winning appeal. Please advise.

Thanks

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
ill tell u guys all the story from the began ......first my wife life in canada and she is older than me ( 23yesr difference im 26 and she is 49) and we have different religon im musslim and she is christian ...she sposnsor me and they accepte the sponsorship then in the interview the lady refuse me we aplly for appeal and they answer us with this date direct for full hearing 16/9/2016..... so if u can help with any infirmation thx soo much ....what i want to know is wish kind of questions we will face tomorrow :'( and thx for any information

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
Haussem Hoo said:
ill tell u guys all the story from the began ......first my wife life in canada and she is older than me ( 23yesr difference im 26 and she is 49) and we have different religon im musslim and she is christian ...she sposnsor me and they accepte the sponsorship then in the interview the lady refuse me we aplly for appeal and they answer us with this date direct for full hearing 16/9/2016..... so if u can help with any infirmation thx soo much ....what i want to know is wish kind of questions we will face tomorrow :'( and thx for any information
I have personal messaged you. Check and talk to me on WhatsApp I might be able to help you. Don't be late as your hearing is Tomorrow.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Haussem Hoo said:
Sorry to say it but I do not know what is in your mind ! I am not in the position to judge anybody but if tomorrow you will have the hearing you should be pretty well prepared already. You could read here and on other sites people s stories, their issues... and how they faced the hearing.
You could had find so many useful information that could helped you go through that. Even though I was not denied yet and hopefully I will not be, I came here early enough to absorb helpful information for my case and to be well prepared just in case I will have to appeal.
Anyway I wish you all the luck. True love always win sooner or later!

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Hey symphonic,

i have been trying to send you something in your box but it seems it is full. If you can delete something there let me know.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Syphonic said:
Hello

A brief overview of my situation. My husband and I married in 2013 and our spousal sponsorship permanent resident application was denied December 8, 2015. I am Canadian and he is Algerian. We have been denied as they feel that our relationship is not genuine (difference in age, religion, culture and socio-economic background). I think that I have good rebuttals to all of these concerns. We have our phone interview with IAD in early Oct 2016. They have indicated that the appeal will be scheduled for early November. Is the call in October just to ensure that we have a plan? Does anyone have experience with this process and can provide me with advice?

Thanks

Dawn

your mail box is full

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Haussem Hoo said:
Why again have you not married? Are there laws in your country forbidding marriage of muslim to christian? Man marrying older woman? You still haven't said why they refused you, and what evidence your wife has sent them since the refusal. Age gap, religion, and culture are all big red flags, but can be overcome with enough evidence.

But it also sounds like possibly your "wife" has been keeping you in the dark about what she has prepared for the hearing, and doing nothing to allay your fears. If that is the case, it's not a good sign. How well do you really know your "wife"? How well does your "wife" know you? How do you know your relationship is genuine?

There isn't a fixed set of questions that they ask during the hearing. Some of the questions that I asked in this post, and in my previous replies, are some of the first questions I would ask if I were in their shoes. But honestly, I have no idea, as I don't know what evidence your "wife" has sent them supporting your relationship. Is your "wife" working with a lawyer?

Sahil Singh has reached out to you; although I expect his situation to be much different than yours, please take advantage of his generosity and contact him as soon as possible.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Syphonic said:
Hello

A brief overview of my situation. My husband and I married in 2013 and our spousal sponsorship permanent resident application was denied December 8, 2015. I am Canadian and he is Algerian. We have been denied as they feel that our relationship is not genuine (difference in age, religion, culture and socio-economic background). I think that I have good rebuttals to all of these concerns. We have our phone interview with IAD in early Oct 2016. They have indicated that the appeal will be scheduled for early November. Is the call in October just to ensure that we have a plan? Does anyone have experience with this process and can provide me with advice?

Thanks

Dawn
What does the letter informing you of the phone interview in October say? It is most likely a Scheduling Conference (Assignment Court), for either ADR or for full hearing. To arrange the exact date and time for your hearing, to make sure you understand the process, how to prepare your material, arrangement for an interpreter, etc.

See the section about "when":

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/InfoGuideSpoParMar.aspx