+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Miror

Jul 31, 2021
Does your tracking ID start with TEMP?
It started with the receiving date 20220322GHACPKTXXXXX, did you shipped to IRCC or VFS if VFS you will get a tracking number and you'll see every move of the passport, it doesn't hurt to send an email to VFS New York I did it for my husband, praying this week you hear something.

Reactions: ginabrigi

ginabrigi

Oct 24, 2018
Ok. How long did it take him to get through Customs during his landing in Montreal?
So when I got there because I have never been at the Montreal airport before I asked an immigration officer how long it takes for sponsored individuals to come out thru customs she said it's very busy could take up to 3 hrs so me and mom sat down to wait we were looking out for him but somehow we missed him coming out he said it took about 15 min was fast he was waiting for me outside LOL he finally called with someone's phone that he's waiting outside LOL I was gonna text him but I figured ones hes out of customs he will connect to wifi and message me that he's out but for some reason he couldn't connect to wifi so customs in Montreal was fast ( sorry long story LOL) I hope ur hubby gets his visa soon (hugs)

Reactions: Alexis1971

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Where do you advice he lands if he's going to Montreal or in my case Ottawa?
If going to Ottawa, my suggestion would be to avoid booking domestic connecting flight to Ottawa from either Montreal or Toronto. If you do, make sure you're not over-paying for that leg - AND most importantly that the airline will put you on next available if you can't make your first connecting flight. (Should probably work if air canada booked all the way through, don't know about others).

In both cases, there are land options that are fine (train or from montreal you used to even be able to get hire-cars eg 'limousines' not that expensive) or can book a last-minute flight and take that if cheap enough. Ottawa's only ~2 hours from Montreal by road.

Mind, this might mean having to stay overnight in a motel or hotel. And I'd undrstand some might want to pay to just get it over with.

Again, main thing to avoid getting stuck with a connecting flight you can't possibly make because immigration took eg 2.5 hours instead of 1.5.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
If going to Ottawa, my suggestion would be to avoid booking domestic connecting flight to Ottawa from either Montreal or Toronto. If you do, make sure you're not over-paying for that leg - AND most importantly that the airline will put you on next available if you can't make your first connecting flight. (Should probably work if air canada booked all the way through, don't know about others).

In both cases, there are land options that are fine (train or from montreal you used to even be able to get hire-cars eg 'limousines' not that expensive) or can book a last-minute flight and take that if cheap enough. Ottawa's only ~2 hours from Montreal by road.

Mind, this might mean having to stay overnight in a motel or hotel. And I'd undrstand some might want to pay to just get it over with.

Again, main thing to avoid getting stuck with a connecting flight you can't possibly make because immigration took eg 2.5 hours instead of 1.5.
Thank you for the advice.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
So when I got there because I have never been at the Montreal airport before I asked an immigration officer how long it takes for sponsored individuals to come out thru customs she said it's very busy could take up to 3 hrs so me and mom sat down to wait we were looking out for him but somehow we missed him coming out he said it took about 15 min was fast he was waiting for me outside LOL he finally called with someone's phone that he's waiting outside LOL I was gonna text him but I figured ones hes out of customs he will connect to wifi and message me that he's out but for some reason he couldn't connect to wifi so customs in Montreal was fast ( sorry long story LOL) I hope ur hubby gets his visa soon (hugs)
Thank you....checking flights from Washington to Ottawa and going through Montreal is not an option as the he would have to stop in Boston/Detroit then to Montreal then to Ottawa. Does not make sense. So I'm suggesting going through Toronto with a 3 to 4 hours layover just in case.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for the advice.
Looking at my post I might have put too much emphasis on not transitting onward by plane - if you are travelling with one airline and have a reasonable gap between them. Friends have said air canada was usually okay about putting hyou on a later flight (and they have or used to have frequent from Toronto to Ottawa). But I just don't know how the airlines are now.

As for how long it takes at the airport: luck of the draw really, it's mostly about how long the line-ups are at primary and then secondary where the landing part is done. We've been in and out fast, and we've also had to wait longer.

Miror

Jul 31, 2021
Thank you....checking flights from Washington to Ottawa and going through Montreal is not an option as the he would have to stop in Boston/Detroit then to Montreal then to Ottawa. Does not make sense. So I'm suggesting going through Toronto with a 3 to 4 hours layover just in case.
Do you need American Visa for transit?

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Looking at my post I might have put too much emphasis on not transitting onward by plane - if you are travelling with one airline and have a reasonable gap between them. Friends have said air canada was usually okay about putting hyou on a later flight (and they have or used to have frequent from Toronto to Ottawa). But I just don't know how the airlines are now.

As for how long it takes at the airport: luck of the draw really, it's mostly about how long the line-ups are at primary and then secondary where the landing part is done. We've been in and out fast, and we've also had to wait longer.
I just need to damn passport. Didn't think it would take this long. VFS still hasn't received it from IRCC.

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
Where do you advice he lands if he's going to Montreal or in my case Ottawa?
What is your husband's final destination?
If yours is Ottawa, I suggest Montreal because there are plenty of airlines that flies to and from Ottawa. Like Armoured said, the wait time is a luck of the draw but why risk short lay overs if he is landing for the first time.

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
Thanks for the info am seeing the best price is through the US. Thanks again
My apologies. They need some kind of visa for the US. Its Schengen countries that no visa is needed.
We quote the immigration rule from the US State Department website:
"Permanent residents (aka landed immigrants) of Canada must have a nonimmigrant visa unless the permanent resident is a national of a country that participates in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), meets the VWP requirements, and is seeking to enter the U.S. for 90 days or less under that program."

Reactions: Miror