+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Minister's counsel did not give his consent. He still thinks we should not be allowed.
I know minister's counsel can be very harsh. Maybe we faced the same guy. Judge will make the decision based on all available evidence. You are the better judge of the situation. Many such cases are successful. But there is a lot of uncertainty. Wish you success!

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
It can take up to 3 months for the decision if minister's counsel doesn't give his consent. All correspondence is addressed to the lawyer if you have one. But you can call IAD office and find out the exact status. Denial of appeal is very rare unless you are not able to address the genuine concerns of the member of the tribunal.
It really depends on what are the reasons the minister counsel consent the appeal, because in order for the appeal to be allowed you need to prove 2 things.

(a) Immigration was not entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; and (b) Your marriage is genuine.

In general, most appeal cases were only about proofing (b) is suffice, however when the appellant or the applicant has immigration history or complicated marriage history in the past, then it might be difficult to satisfy (a). This is why understanding why your PR application is being rejected is very important for the appeal to be allowed.

Last edited:

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
On Monday CIC requested for schedule A, additional family information update as well as new generic application form to Canada. They said they will assess the file again in 30 days to make final decision. Praying they don’t make up any more reasons for delay.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
On Monday CIC requested for schedule A, additional family information update as well as new generic application form to Canada. They said they will assess the file again in 30 days to make final decision. Praying they don’t make up any more reasons for delay.
When did you apply? How long has it been?

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
They can't refuse on the same grounds again. It's very unlikely they can find another reason. Not requesting police clearance certificate and medical alongwith forms means longer wait for visa. It seems IRCC is further slowing down the processing of cases they reopen after appeal is allowed.
My eCAS started showing up again today and it reads 'in process'.
Could i expect request for documents within a month?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Original application received by CIC Feb 1 2017
Ours was Jan 2017 and we won our appeal in Aug. On Oct 3 3018 we got request for new medical and schedule A form. The also requested the fees agsin, which i paid last year, saying they have no record of my payment. Thank God I was able to find a receipt! I honestly feel like they hold a grudge for losing the appeal and do whatever birthed to road block us longer! It's really unfair

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
They can't refuse on the same grounds again. It's very unlikely they can find another reason. Not requesting police clearance certificate and medical alongwith forms means longer wait for visa. It seems IRCC is further slowing down the processing of cases they reopen after appeal is allowed.
My eCAS started showing up again today and it reads 'in process'.
Could i expect request for documents within a month?
I got request for document almost exactly 2 months from decision date of appeal

Shahzad latif

Sep 7, 2017
Really it’s make me confused that why after appeal allowed it’s make such delay
And can anyone explain that’s what’s are the other reason that they may reject the files again

Shahzad latif

Sep 7, 2017
What’s means the final decision already your appeal is allowed so why they say like this to you and what’s are your appeal allowed date and date of reciveing Decision letter and after how much time they request for documents please share if you can

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Really it’s make me confused that why after appeal allowed it’s make such delay
And can anyone explain that’s what’s are the other reason that they may reject the files again
I would like to know this also. My husband was denied for criminality, but according to the notes in our file! There were no other issues. But I was just told that they are security screening him {which is I guess different from background check } abd takes much longer! I feel they are delaying on purpose :(

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Can someone please explain what is the difference between security screening and criminality

application received Jan 10, 2017.

It was refused Jan 19, 2018 and re-opened Sept 4, 2018.

The standard processing time of 12 months does not apply in this non-routine file.

Sponsor and applicant eligibility has been met.

Security checks were initiated Oct 23, 2018 and are in progress. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Criminality has not started.

Medicals are valid until Oct 12, 2019.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
I would like to know this also. My husband was denied for criminality, but according to the notes in our file! There were no other issues. But I was just told that they are security screening him {which is I guess different from background check } abd takes much longer! I feel they are delaying on purpose :(
Security clearance means a person won't pose any security threat to Canada.
They may not be delaying on purpose but appeal cases are certainly not a priority for the visa offices. Such cases are put at bottom of the heap.
It hurts. Most of us have waited for more than 2 years. A couple of months of further delay we have to bear patiently.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Security clearance means a person won't pose any security threat to Canada.
They may not be delaying on purpose but appeal cases are certainly not a priority for the visa offices. Such cases are put at bottom of the heap.
It hurts. Most of us have waited for more than 2 years. A couple of months of further delay we have to bear patiently.
So why did it say security check started but criminally not started ?