Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Why so long ? from which country ?
I don't know..... In one form I forgot to mention a job my husband worked that he mentioned in the interview... So I sent an explanation and a new schedule A. Then the file was transferred to Paris office and they requested some other forms they forgot to request in the beginning and they told my MP they lost the new schedule A I sent them. So I have no idea. He is from Tunisia. There is another member on here from Jordan who is also waiting same time length ad me

Jill Peda

Dec 29, 2017
I don't know..... In one form I forgot to mention a job my husband worked that he mentioned in the interview... So I sent an explanation and a new schedule A. Then the file was transferred to Paris office and they requested some other forms they forgot to request in the beginning and they told my MP they lost the new schedule A I sent them. So I have no idea. He is from Tunisia. There is another member on here from Jordan who is also waiting same time length ad me
I'm really sorry to hear that .. have you tried calling the office in Paris ?

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
I'm really sorry to hear that .. have you tried calling the office in Paris ?
You cannot call only email. I just get a standard email stating that they are within the processing times and refer me to the government of Cabada website. I emailed them back saying it is an appeal case we dot not fall into the "standard processing times" and they never responded.

Reactions: Alicee

mrs chuahdary

Jul 29, 2017
please reply..... my visa was refused may 2017 reason marriage not genuine.............
appealed june 2017 haired a lawyer
received blue book in October 2017.......but now no information what next we both were so confused what next
Your time line is the same as mine and my husband's although last yr I just went for Adr but after two hours was told I need a full appeal next Summer 2019

Jill Peda

Dec 29, 2017
You cannot call only email. I just get a standard email stating that they are within the processing times and refer me to the government of Cabada website. I emailed them back saying it is an appeal case we dot not fall into the "standard processing times" and they never responded.
Their standard processing time is how long ? a year ?

munimisu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
Your time line is the same as mine and my husband's although last yr I just went for Adr but after two hours was told I need a full appeal next Summer 2019
That's terrible that you went for ADR and then told you have to go for full hearing. Did they at least meet you first or they told you that you have to go for full hearing without meeting you at all?

What was their reasoning to put you through full hearing?

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Their standard processing time is how long ? a year ?
Yes

Which would be October 23 .. Our file was reopened... After winning seotember 20 2017. But maybe our case is unique.. Most coye on here are reunited faster after they win.... Maybe it's the country . I don't know

Jill Peda

Dec 29, 2017
Yes

Which would be October 23 .. Our file was reopened... After winning seotember 20 2017. But maybe our case is unique.. Most coye on here are reunited faster after they win.... Maybe it's the country . I don't know
The other couples were in the same area as you ? Why were you refused in the first place ?

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
The other couples were in the same area as you ? Why were you refused in the first place ?
other couples from variety of different countries... Pakistan, bangladesh, Jamaica, Cuba... All different areas. We were refused like most other couples "not genuine marriage". We were chosen for ADR. But I sent two evidence packages in advance before ADR interview. The officer reviewed the evidence and allowed the appeal and saud an ADR was not necessary. So the evidence spoke for itself. So we were lucky in that sense. How about you and your partner? What country and what reason for refusal ?

Soulmatestory

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
How does the IAD notify you hearing? Do they send emails? I am living out of the country with my husband until our full hearing is confirmed. We were refused March 2017. I guess I won't hear anything until 2019?

Jill Peda

Dec 29, 2017
other couples from variety of different countries... Pakistan, bangladesh, Jamaica, Cuba... All different areas. We were refused like most other couples "not genuine marriage". We were chosen for ADR. But I sent two evidence packages in advance before ADR interview. The officer reviewed the evidence and allowed the appeal and saud an ADR was not necessary. So the evidence spoke for itself. So we were lucky in that sense. How about you and your partner? What country and what reason for refusal ?
I don't understand why it would take so long. My husband is in Philippines at the moment. We got refused because because he was missing an FBI clearance from the United States. The USA took way too long to issue us the FBI clearance and the deadline pass so due to that the immigration officer refused us.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
I don't know why it takes so long either. Believe me I am frustrated. I had our baby 2 months ago and she still hasn't met her father.... I'm sure in your case it's just a missing document maybe it will be faster ... Did you email them and tell them in advance you were still waiting?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I don't understand why it would take so long. My husband is in Philippines at the moment. We got refused because because he was missing an FBI clearance from the United States. The USA took way too long to issue us the FBI clearance and the deadline pass so due to that the immigration officer refused us.
Although people may understand your frustration, but the refusal is on you. You are not the only couple deal with PCC from FBI, either you apply it before CIC requested it (need to be within 6 months from the day you send your application) or you can simply send the copy of your fingerprinting card and receipt from the courier to CIC via email or webform within the 30 days limit to show CIC that you are dealing with it, you will be totally fine.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
How does the IAD notify you hearing? Do they send emails? I am living out of the country with my husband until our full hearing is confirmed. We were refused March 2017. I guess I won't hear anything until 2019?
They send notice by regular mail to appear in a telephonic scheduling conference. They will call you at predetermined time and date and finalize the hearing date. Call lasts for almost half an hour. If you are outside Canada they will ask you to send them phone calling card.