Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Appeal filed Jan 4th 2017. ADR in Vancouver aug 15th.

Now I really understand each and everyone's case is different. All we need to do is to be patient and wait not easy. Thank u for sharing ur timeline.

Last edited:

mr chuahdary

Jul 29, 2017
how we confirmed that our appeal is selected for adr or need to send our new evidence ahead of time.
little bit confusion how we confirmed our case is in adr. our case will select for adr by self or we need to send our new evidence ahead of time before the time for our adr selection. or we can wait for until the appeal office contact us for adr then we send our supporting documents.

Vickchin

Dec 19, 2017
how we confirmed that our appeal is selected for adr or need to send our new evidence ahead of time.
little bit confusion how we confirmed our case is in adr. our case will select for adr by self or we need to send our new evidence ahead of time before the time for our adr selection. or we can wait for until the appeal office contact us for adr then we send our supporting documents.
We don't decide. The appeal division decides. If the case seems simple and can be resolved through ADR then only it's selected otherwise full hearing. After you appeal. You will receive blue book within 120 days. After which you have to send additional evidence supporting your case. You can give new evidence as well. This is basically your last chance to show any evidence that will help your case. Then you just wait to be contacted.

pakiboy2049

Dec 18, 2017
You can call IAD and see if you are selected for adr. In case you are not selected you can still request an adr but you need to have a good argument of why you should be selected (be sure to address the concerns in the blue book). ADR is only 30 mins. if things can be resolved in that time frame the full hearing is no longer needed. Keep in mind if your case was denied because they think your marriage is not genuine it will likely have to go through full hearing. Also, adr does not affect your full hearing so if you think you have a chance go for it. Good luck!

Reactions: Alicee

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
We don't decide. The appeal division decides. If the case seems simple and can be resolved through ADR then only it's selected otherwise full hearing. After you appeal. You will receive blue book within 120 days. After which you have to send additional evidence supporting your case. You can give new evidence as well. This is basically your last chance to show any evidence that will help your case. Then you just wait to be contacted.
You can request that you be chosen for ADR and send evidence in advance hoping that persuade their decision. This is what I did.....I was chosen for ADR. I am not sure if my evidence persuade them or if they just thought it was simple by reading case .

But nothing gauranteed.....they ultimately chose if you will be selected for ADR.

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
So, today I had a chance to speak with an agent of CIC (the wait was 35 Minutes, and agent was very helpful), who updated me with status of our file, after I'd won my full hearing on Dec 06, 2017.
After close to 2 months I was told that the system updated on Feb 02, 2018 that appeal allowed, and file has been sent back to VO New Delhi, who would start working sometime in March 2018. What next, when they start working on our file in Mar 2018.
Hoping that they would expedite our file, since we filed in Jan 2012, and it's already over 6 years.

KamiR

Feb 7, 2018
So, today I had a chance to speak with an agent of CIC (the wait was 35 Minutes, and agent was very helpful), who updated me with status of our file, after I'd won my full hearing on Dec 06, 2017.
After close to 2 months I was told that the system updated on Feb 02, 2018 that appeal allowed, and file has been sent back to VO New Delhi, who would start working sometime in March 2018. What next, when they start working on our file in Mar 2018.
Hoping that they would expedite our file, since we filed in Jan 2012, and it's already over 6 years.
That's good at least you now know where your file is, we are in the same boat we have pretty much the same timeline also my file in New Delhi as well please post any update you get from visa Office
Thanks

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Oh finally my husband just received pre arrival letter and ppr today. How do we register for the pre arrival program plz? Thanks

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Oh finally my husband just received pre arrival letter and ppr today. How do we register for the pre arrival program plz? Thanks
He got passport request??? That’s great! We are awaiting that as well now that all info has been updated...any idea how long it takes to get passport back? Do they request it be couriered to VO?

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
He got passport request??? That’s great! We are awaiting that as well now that all info has been updated...any idea how long it takes to get passport back? Do they request it be couriered to VO?

Dear
YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN
NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY
CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.
PASSPORT(S)

You are asked to submit your passport(s) and documentation BY COURIER
within 15 days. We recommend DHL courier, using a pre-paid return
envelope.

OR

Applicants residing

It shouldn't take long I guess.... the passport will be issued in his home land. Hopefully next week. Do you know how he can register for his pre arrival program plz?