File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
Recommended waiting for schedule
LANDED..........
soon
Thnks for ur guidance... I have one more doubt...should i prepare documents that is only relevant to refusal letter or i should give entire relationship proof like chats phone bills..? My refusal letter says that i dint have priest in my wedding tats it.. We have a law in our place where priest is not mandatory and legal to get married without priest
wait_so_long said:
That's the Acknowledgement of Receipt, verifying that they have received your Notice of Appeal within the required 30 days. The Appeal Record is what is referred to as the Blue Book, and is sent from the Visa Office to IAD, with basically your application, interview notes, and other notes pertaining to their assessment of your application. The Minister's Counsel is who will be trying to prove that they were correct in refusing your application.

You should have already received the refusal letter, stating the reasons they refused your application. Start collecting and organizing evidence that their reasons, and their conclusion, were wrong.

apuniano

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
Emaan3 said:
Hi everyone
My lawyer sent request for ADR hearing, today i received a letter saying the application is denied :(
im so confused ,what i have/can do now ?? whats the next step ?
Hi Emaan3,

My lawyer requested an ADR in February 2016 and it was denied. I got a letter saying that my case can not be fixed in one hour, so they granted a full hearing.

I think you have more time to collect more evidence and prepare your case. I do not know the waiting time in Quebec. In Calgary my waiting time was 11 months for my hearing.

I hope the best for your case.

Emaan3

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Is there any way of knowing how long it takes for quebec ?
And now i have to wait for them to contact me for full hearing right ?

apuniano said:
Hi Emaan3,

My lawyer requested an ADR in February 2016 and it was denied. I got a letter saying that my case can not be fixed in one hour, so they granted a full hearing.

I think you have more time to collect more evidence and prepare your case. I do not know the waiting time in Quebec. In Calgary my waiting time was 11 months for my hearing.

I hope the best for your case.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
The wait time for a full hearing in Montreal QUE is 2-3 years

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Dhaksha said:
Thnks for ur guidance... I have one more doubt...should i prepare documents that is only relevant to refusal letter or i should give entire relationship proof like chats phone bills..? My refusal letter says that i dint have priest in my wedding tats it.. We have a law in our place where priest is not mandatory and legal to get married without priest
Most likely you'll have to provide the entire relationship proof. In the appeal, they can only consider what is in the Appeal record sent to them by the Visa Office. In our case, they did not include any of the relationship proofs that we had included with our application. How did the interview go? Did they stop the interview after they didn't get a satisfactory response about the priest? Did they deem it unnecessary to go into the rest of your relationship after they declared the marriage to be not genuine?

You'll need citations for the law that says a priest is not mandatory in your area, and that a marriage performed without a priest is still legal. And an explanation as to why you broke with tradition, if most marriages are still performed by a priest.

You may want to search this forum using the keyword "priest" and see if anyone else has had a similar issue, and how they resolved it. You may also want to search case law for similar appeals, or maybe find an immigration lawyer that has dealt with similar type refusals in the past.

You'll want to wait until you get the appeal record, but if that is the only reason for refusal, you might be able to get ADR, and be spared the long wait and expense of a full hearing.

shuaibks

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
CALGARY
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
hi guys can any buddy tell me plz why im not able to see my case status online event i won my appeal thx.

flutra

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Hi every one, I had my hearing date today and they said the decision will be sent!! Anyone knows the judge Mc Kenzi or Cency? Please what experience? I am not sure if i wrote in the right way ! I am confused where i have to write!!!

Dhaksha

Jun 8, 2015
Madurai
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi - NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
IELTS Request
Ip October 9 2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
Recommended waiting for schedule
LANDED..........
soon
Thnks... :)... The interview actually went well the visa officer dint screw me or she was not rude... She herself told im convinced with my relationship seeing 8 yrs of chat conversation... And got my pcc medicals... She dint stop after asking for priest she kept asking questions about my spouse... I have collected so many citations quoting this law...Wikipedia link...news articles.. Judgement copy and all possible evidence... I have also collected why i was cornered to do a marriage like this... I wil be happy if i get adr... Thnks for ur support..

wait_so_long said:
Most likely you'll have to provide the entire relationship proof. In the appeal, they can only consider what is in the Appeal record sent to them by the Visa Office. In our case, they did not include any of the relationship proofs that we had included with our application. How did the interview go? Did they stop the interview after they didn't get a satisfactory response about the priest? Did they deem it unnecessary to go into the rest of your relationship after they declared the marriage to be not genuine?

You'll need citations for the law that says a priest is not mandatory in your area, and that a marriage performed without a priest is still legal. And an explanation as to why you broke with tradition, if most marriages are still performed by a priest.

You may want to search this forum using the keyword "priest" and see if anyone else has had a similar issue, and how they resolved it. You may also want to search case law for similar appeals, or maybe find an immigration lawyer that has dealt with similar type refusals in the past.

You'll want to wait until you get the appeal record, but if that is the only reason for refusal, you might be able to get ADR, and be spared the long wait and expense of a full hearing.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
Dhaksha said:
Thnks... :)... The interview actually went well the visa officer dint screw me or she was not rude... She herself told im convinced with my relationship seeing 8 yrs of chat conversation... And got my pcc medicals... She dint stop after asking for priest she kept asking questions about my spouse... I have collected so many citations quoting this law...Wikipedia link...news articles.. Judgement copy and all possible evidence... I have also collected why i was cornered to do a marriage like this... I wil be happy if i get adr... Thnks for ur support..
hi Dhaksha it sounds like you ll be selected for ADR. But still w8 for the blue book then you ll come to know what we're the main concern to the visa officer in your case if this is the only one reason the one u mention den not a big deal u ll b f9 but start gathering all the required information dat can help ur case. Gud luck. I ll text u in ur inbox in few days.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Dhaksha said:
It sounds like you already have a good head start. It'll be about 120 days (it took 180 days for us) before you get your BB. Read it carefully and try to address any other concerns they might have documented, then send your evidence in as soon as possible, with a letter requesting ADR. It's for cases that can be resolved in less than one hour, in a more informal setting than a full hearing. From what I've read in this forum, if they need to speak to your partner, then it will have to go to full hearing.

Is there a subject-matter expert that you can call on to sign an affidavit to the effect that a priest is not necessary for a legal marriage, and that in your particular circumstances, a marriage by priest was not practical / possible? It might be good if you could get a priest to do that.

Good luck.

LoveUForever

Sep 22, 2016
Hey everyone. I am new to this forum. I filled my spousal application in april 2015. My interview was scheduled on august 31, 2016. It went well but i got refusal letter today. My case is complicated as my wife is sponser and it is her second marriage. We submitted all the evidence we had to prove our marriage is 100% genuine. Reason given was that they think our marriage is not genuine. What is the next best step for my case? What should we do to prove our marriage is genuine as we already provided all the evidences, call records, bills and everything. Please help me out.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
LoveUForever said:
Hey everyone. I am new to this forum. I filled my spousal application in april 2015. My interview was scheduled on august 31, 2016. It went well but i got refusal letter today. My case is complicated as my wife is sponser and it is her second marriage. We submitted all the evidence we had to prove our marriage is 100% genuine. Reason given was that they think our marriage is not genuine. What is the next best step for my case? What should we do to prove our marriage is genuine as we already provided all the evidences, call records, bills and everything. Please help me out.
You're not really giving us much to go on. Did they state the reasons that they think your marriage is not genuine? There must have been some red flags that gave them reasons to not believe that your marriage is genuine. If not, you may have to wait until you get a copy of the Appeal Record (approx 120 days). How much evidence did you submit? What kind of evidence?

LoveUForever

Sep 22, 2016
wait_so_long said:
You're not really giving us much to go on. Did they state the reasons that they think your marriage is not genuine? There must have been some red flags that gave them reasons to not believe that your marriage is genuine. If not, you may have to wait until you get a copy of the Appeal Record (approx 120 days). How much evidence did you submit? What kind of evidence?
The reason they stated is that they were not satisfied with the evidences and interview that our marriage is genuine and if not that marriage could only be done to get PR. Even though interview went very well. We submitted pictures of our engagement ceremony and wedding ceremony in which 400-500 people were gathered, Pictures of our honeymoon, calling records,hotel bills, shopping bills. Will they send us a copy for appeal record? How much time this process could take? What else can we add to prove our marriage is genuine? Because we already submitted all the evidences we had.

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
LoveUForever said:
The reason they stated is that they were not satisfied with the evidences and interview that our marriage is genuine and if not that marriage could only be done to get PR. Even though interview went very well. We submitted pictures of our engagement ceremony and wedding ceremony in which 400-500 people were gathered, Pictures of our honeymoon, calling records,hotel bills, shopping bills. Will they send us a copy for appeal record? How much time this process could take? What else can we add to prove our marriage is genuine? Because we already submitted all the evidences we had.
You say that your case is complicated. How so? Everything that you've described seems pretty normal. Was your wife's first husband also sponsored?