+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Vincycanadian

Full Member
Mar 27, 2016
33
1
WaitingSince2012 said:
You have to send it to the address on the letter that the sponsor received. It says specifically on that letter what address to send your documents too.
[/quote
Waitingsince2012 how much did you pay a lawyer for this and what is needed ,I feel like I am going crazy,if it's going to take an arm and a leg I will pack up and move to be with my husband if that's what it takes
 

bambooc

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
88
22
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2015 AOR, 04-03-2015 AOR 2
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Interview........
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
demanding
VISA ISSUED...
demanding
LANDED..........
ASAP
hello everyone, I received my confirmation of appeal since Dec 11, 2015 and have not yet received my "blue book" until then. Is there anything I can do for now? I have also called IAD, but they said they can not do anything without a copy of appeal record.
 

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
76
9
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
Hi Bambooc,

You can start by gathering all proof of your relationship start selecting chat logs (if you used skype/tango) ensure you have pictures of your wedding and trips with your spouse proof of financial support letters of support from family and friends on both sides. When selecting pictures ensure they are pictures where people don't look unhappy or forced to take the pictures you can start organizing your relationship file now if your spouse has applied for a trv make sure you get a copy of the caips notes so you can address concerns from that as well if you only rely on the blue book and applications for trvs have been made in the past you will be missing important information that will come up in your case. remember standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper size , any official documents must be translated into english or french by a translation service (they will stamp their work) ensure your wedding documents are in there even if you had submitted them previously. letters from family and friends you and your spouse can translate. Photo's are prefered but some people have gotten them accepted as printouts on paper just be aware as an actual photo details are usually easier to see ink bleeds more on regular paper. All your photo's need dates who is in them where it was taken if someone else took the picture note who took it. Photo's must be mounted in such a way that they can be removed easily no glues or tape (I used the celophane photo pages with the paper grippy backing ) also if you use these number the back of the photo's on the photo and on the page where it is placed in case during shipping they get dislodged. once your blue book arrives you can tailor your file a bit to address the concerns raised in the interview and by cic if there are mistakes in the PR application ( the consultant we hired came up with their own version of my wifes employment which was a huge issue as well as a number of other things they embellished). Any mistakes or omissions need to be taken care of immediately address what it was and why it was made in error or skipped previously. Most of the tailoring was addressed in my opening statement letter after the cover page. Also plan who you would want to speak as witness' in the case of a hearing they only called my wife for mine but had my parents and her mother on the list as well.
 

WaitingSince2012

Hero Member
Nov 8, 2015
314
12
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Congratulations Talon59 on winning your appeal.

Vincycanadian said:
Waitingsince2012 how much did you pay a lawyer for this and what is needed ,I feel like I am going crazy,if it's going to take an arm and a leg I will pack up and move to be with my husband if that's what it takes
It cost me quite a bit but I was paying in installations. I will have to double check the amount and I will let you know. It will be worth it in the end though.

They will probably need everything you have on the file and when they get the blue book they might have to read the whole thing to see what went wrong and what evidence you submitted.
 

jaytanz

Hero Member
Sep 19, 2013
514
24
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
maria a said:
I just realized that i have to make three copies of everything .... I have like 5 thousand pages of our chats and like a thousand page where it shows our phone calls through skype and viber....
Me and my husband speak like 3-4 hours on the phone everyday so our chats doesnt really comtain anything other then hi miss u or call me the only tike we chat is when we fight and that too is in our language so do i really have to submit out chat logs or is it ok if i just give them our call logs. And also do anyone know if i get a lawyer for this will they do the photocopy or do i have to do it ?
I work full time and really dont have time for this :(
if you print your chat on word click on font size 5 and segregate the chat into 3 columns it reduces the quantity of pages you can also skip some pages in between if you need help you can inbox me
Good Luck !!
 

soblue3

Hero Member
Apr 13, 2014
334
26
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
oh good news , cic updated their site and now they are giving processing times for specific regions again...it says for us the processing time is 8. better than 17 months. the only thing i am not sure of it says where are you applying from...if its from his country is 8 months if its from here its 16...i am in canada and sponsoring him so i hope its not 16 months
 

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
172
1
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
hy every one ....first thanks for helping me in advance....i want to ask we hired a lawyer and if i have been assigned with IAD number then its mean i am selected for adr???? please help me
 

J.J

Hero Member
May 1, 2014
230
2
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 June 2013
AOR Received.
16 July 2013
File Transfer...
24 July 2013
Interview........
17 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Appeal allowed March 4th, 2016,
LANDED..........
On my way
Hi folks
I won my appeal on March 2nd and yesterday found out from immigration department over phone that my file has been transferred to New Delhi office. Anybody here who dealt with Delhi office , who can tell me how long it take them to send medical request . It's been 2 months now while I see lot of others have received their medical request within 45 days . I am thinking may be its longer time for New Delhi office , please share your experience. Thanks
 

npunite

Full Member
Jun 10, 2015
23
0
hi, i just have a question if anyone could help me out… my husband won the ADR and they have already asked me for all the updated forms, police clearance and medical…i am just wondering if i will have to send any kind of checklist along with the update forms and stuff…what do you recommend on how should i file all my documents together?
thank you.
 

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
189
90
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
npunite said:
hi, i just have a question if anyone could help me out… my husband won the ADR and they have already asked me for all the updated forms, police clearance and medical…i am just wondering if i will have to send any kind of checklist along with the update forms and stuff…what do you recommend on how should i file all my documents together?
thank you.
Hi npunite,

First up, many heartiest congratulations, and please send those documents required by them ASAP, there is no checklist.

SV670
 

apuniano

Full Member
Nov 2, 2015
44
5
Category........
Visa Office......
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
Talon59 said:
So good news went in representing my wife and I and we came out victorious judge disseminated his decision verbally and our written copy will be received in 30-60 days. About 450 pages in our relationship file (which I was told was easy to read someone on this forum had a nice breakdown of what they had sent in using binder clips no staples etc. at the initial meeting when they reviewed documents they said it's best that I didn't earmark anything as long as everything was organized page numbered and easy to sort also I fixed it on the final copy but as per instructions do not exceed 8 1/2" x 11" pages I missed that originally. Council and judge will make their own earmarks and notes it's easier for them if you don't make a mess of the file before they get to read it. so only had tabs etc on my own copy if I needed to reference something. I believe Buddha was helping us today the judge was so helpful since he said my case was complicated and was surprised I was representing us (due to financial constraints) don't underestimate yourselves you can win with a bit of preparation. When they called my wife almost everything we talked about was in line few errs but it was confusing for her the way they were asking about time frames. Also judge asked my wife to speak to him in english which was a clincher when she responded to him as far as our supposed language barrier.
Congratulation Talon59

Please tell me what kind of question did they ask. I would like to know what questions they asked to your wife by phone. Why do you say there are language barrier between you and your spouse. I requested ADR but it was declined because my case can take more than one hour to be fixed. The time I have to wait is 18 months( I live in Calgary).

Please tell me your experience.

Thanks and congratulation again.
 

apuniano

Full Member
Nov 2, 2015
44
5
Category........
Visa Office......
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
maria a said:
I just realized that i have to make three copies of everything .... I have like 5 thousand pages of our chats and like a thousand page where it shows our phone calls through skype and viber....
Me and my husband speak like 3-4 hours on the phone everyday so our chats doesnt really comtain anything other then hi miss u or call me the only tike we chat is when we fight and that too is in our language so do i really have to submit out chat logs or is it ok if i just give them our call logs. And also do anyone know if i get a lawyer for this will they do the photocopy or do i have to do it ?
I work full time and really dont have time for this :(
Hi Maria,

I am working on my case with a lawyer. He asked me to give him three copies of all evidences that I have. phone records, moneygram receipts sent, photos, etc. He told me that he will help me to prepare how to answer questions, and other things. I think this is your case and you should work on it. You have to spend time in your case because other people can help but you are the only one who want your spouse to come here.

Good luck
 

wintersnow

Hero Member
Dec 17, 2014
244
23
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
client2014 said:
hy every one ....first thanks for helping me in advance....i want to ask we hired a lawyer and if i have been assigned with IAD number then its mean i am selected for adr???? please help me
No they will let you and your lawyer know if you have been selected for an ADR.
 

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
76
9
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
Hi apuniano,

Mostly they were confirming my wife's previous relationships and work history and if our knowledge matched as well as some items a consultant lied about in our PR application when questioned my wife's answers and mine matched up. In my wife's interview they never asked her to speak in English and deemed that she couldn't speak English although she went in with 200 pages of printed chat logs. This round the judge asked her why she chose to to the interview in Thai she explained she was uncomfortable with her grammer and didn't want a misunderstanding she did offer to finish the interview in English but the judge declined at the time he had a short conversation with her in English before he let her hang up and was satisfied she was able to speak English. The opposing council kept drumming her on dates my wife was confused what dates he was asking about because he kept jumping back and forth though a 5 year span and the way he worded the questions was misleading. They asked us about my wife initially approaching me and claimed she was aiming for a foreign husband and that was her end goal my rebuttle was it's not the 1950's women are allowed to aggressively engage in a relationship. Similar about sexual relations and also the opposing council was admit that getting married in a year is to quick and it's not acceptable I pointed out that if she was Canadian that wouldn't even be questioned as well as the fact that people marry people they just meet in Vegas and in Niagara falls. Basically boiling it down to their standards being stuck in the 1950's and 1960's times have changed they are not standards to follow. Also the opposing council failed near the end of the hearing when he admitted that he was sure the marriage was genuine but kept backtracking to try to reverse his commentary.He was really trying to get us on misrepresentation. The judge allowed the appeal as he said he was also sure it was a genuine marriage. We started at around 9 am finished at 2 pm. They did not notify me they would be questioning my wife but I believe it's fair to expect if you have called a witness they will be questioned
 

apuniano

Full Member
Nov 2, 2015
44
5
Category........
Visa Office......
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
Talon59 said:
Hi apuniano,

Mostly they were confirming my wife's previous relationships and work history and if our knowledge matched as well as some items a consultant lied about in our PR application when questioned my wife's answers and mine matched up. In my wife's interview they never asked her to speak in English and deemed that she couldn't speak English although she went in with 200 pages of printed chat logs. This round the judge asked her why she chose to to the interview in Thai she explained she was uncomfortable with her grammer and didn't want a misunderstanding she did offer to finish the interview in English but the judge declined at the time he had a short conversation with her in English before he let her hang up and was satisfied she was able to speak English. The opposing council kept drumming her on dates my wife was confused what dates he was asking about because he kept jumping back and forth though a 5 year span and the way he worded the questions was misleading. They asked us about my wife initially approaching me and claimed she was aiming for a foreign husband and that was her end goal my rebuttle was it's not the 1950's women are allowed to aggressively engage in a relationship. Similar about sexual relations and also the opposing council was admit that getting married in a year is to quick and it's not acceptable I pointed out that if she was Canadian that wouldn't even be questioned as well as the fact that people marry people they just meet in Vegas and in Niagara falls. Basically boiling it down to their standards being stuck in the 1950's and 1960's times have changed they are not standards to follow. Also the opposing council failed near the end of the hearing when he admitted that he was sure the marriage was genuine but kept backtracking to try to reverse his commentary.He was really trying to get us on misrepresentation. The judge allowed the appeal as he said he was also sure it was a genuine marriage. We started at around 9 am finished at 2 pm. They did not notify me they would be questioning my wife but I believe it's fair to expect if you have called a witness they will be questioned
Thank you very much for your information. I think it is going to help my case. I need to prepare for a full hearing which is going to happen next year. The time for a full hearing in Alberta is 18 months.

Thank you Talon59