12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
wintersnow said:
Maybe that is how it works. The file is first sent to the VO in the applicant's country and then returned to Ottawa for final processing.

The CBSA definitely told my lawyer that the file was going back to China after the appeal. Maybe the file is sent to the home country so the VO has one last chance to refuse on some other basis.
Yea could be. From what he said it goes back to your VO so they can update their file and get all the documents in order. Not sure if they reassess it to see if there is another ground for refusal. I guess it all depends on the person being sponsored and if they commit any crime or anything to that effect.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
WaitingSince2012 said:
Yea could be. From what he said it goes back to your VO so they can update their file and get all the documents in order. Not sure if they reassess it to see if there is another ground for refusal. I guess it all depends on the person being sponsored and if they commit any crime or anything to that effect.
I think you are right ... not necessarily to look for more reasons to refuse but just a formality. Just to say the VO signed off on the file. Then it goes back to Canada for the final steps ... medical check etc.

I will call CIC next week to see if that is what happens.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
wintersnow said:
Maybe that is how it works. The file is first sent to the VO in the applicant's country and then returned to Ottawa for final processing.

The CBSA definitely told my lawyer that the file was going back to China after the appeal. Maybe the file is sent to the home country so the VO has one last chance to refuse on some other basis.
I dont think a person file go back to there visa office at all after winning an appeal.... Because if it did that visa office would just deal with processing the application than send it back to canada for them to do that.... reason why im saying this is look when a application is sent to the visa office overseas to that person country, you never hear them say that they will send it back to ottawa at all....... When we won our appeal and me and my wife was trying to find out where our file is she call our case work and the case worrker told my wife that they send it to ottawa for processing and when i email the kingston visa office they reply black to me with an email say that my file is in ottawa and they are the one that is processing my file so if i have any more questions i should contact CPC- Ottawa and this came from the high commissioner of Jamaica because the email i sent was straight to him...you see when a person win there appeal and it go to applicant visa office in there country they are the one that deal with with that application so i would say that application arenot sent to the the visa office first in that person country at all.....That my opinion though

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Maddants said:
I dont think a person file go back to there visa office at all after winning an appeal.... Because if it did that visa office would just deal with processing the application than send it back to canada for them to do that.... reason why im saying this is look when a application is sent to the visa office overseas to that person country, you never hear them say that they will send it back to ottawa at all....... When we won our appeal and me and my wife was trying to find out where our file is she call our case work and the case worrker told my wife that they send it to ottawa for processing and when i email the kingston visa office they reply black to me with an email say that my file is in ottawa and they are the one that is processing my file so if i have any more questions i should contact CPC- Ottawa and this came from the high commissioner of Jamaica because the email i sent was straight to him...you see when a person win there appeal and it go to applicant visa office in there country they are the one that deal with with that application so i would say that application arenot sent to the the visa office first in that person country at all.....That my opinion though
what is your case worker? I don't have a case worker

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
wintersnow said:
what is your case worker? I don't have a case worker
when you are appealing....every file get sent to a case worker in IRB office and a person can call them and get there case office number so you can call them and ask them what is going with their files during the appeal process.

Ps. my friend you had a case working when you was appeal your case...but since you win your appeal the case worker is the one that get your application in order and ship your file to ottawa or the visa office in your country or your spouse country.... Once you file is out then the case worker is not responsible for your files again.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Maddants said:
when you are appealing....every file get sent to a case worker in IRB office and a person can call them and get there case office number so you can call them and ask them what is going with their files during the appeal process.

Ps. my friend you had a case working when you was appeal your case...but since you win your appeal the case worker is the one that get your application in order and ship your file to ottawa or the visa office in your country or your spouse country.... Once you file is out then the case worker is not responsible for your files again.
Ya I never really needed to contact him/her. Our process was very quick.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
wintersnow said:
Ya I never really needed to contact him/her. Our process was very quick.
OK..... The main thing is that you won your appeal... Things will work out for you and your spouse..... Just hang in there my friend.....

apuniano

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
SV670 said:
Hi Everybody,

I was reading so may cases, where after the interview VO told that they gonna let you know soon, and then they send refusal letter.

Here is very important point I observed, that all VOs who interviewed and later refused are all LADIES, (no offense to any gender)but isn't this a reality?

Please share your thoughts and concerns, and feel free, if someone has to criticze, please do so, but I'm trying to put facts on top.

SV670
The VO was a man. I think he is from Singapore. Sometimes I believe Singapore people do not like Vietnamese.

apuniano

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
Maddants said:
OK..... The main thing is that you won your appeal... Things will work out for you and your spouse..... Just hang in there my friend.....
Hi Maddants,

I am going to ask people who knows me to write a letter in my favor and my marriage. Do you know what I should include in that letter? Do you have any template of letter?

Thanks for your help

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
apuniano said:
Hi Maddants,

I am going to ask people who knows me to write a letter in my favor and my marriage. Do you know what I should include in that letter? Do you have any template of letter?

Thanks for your help
Hey apuniano...... How are yo doing today....... When a person is writing a letter on your behalf.....YOu just have to tell them to write tabout your relationship with you and your spouse... What i mean by that is they should tell put in the letter how your they you the know of your relationship with your spouse.. They should describe there relationship with you and your spouse anytime you both are around each other...let them tell how much and and your spouse love each other and they should also incould how often the communicate with you and your spouse on a daily basis or when you see each other....It a simple letter they should right about their expierence when you and your spouse are together around them.......I hope this can help you out my friend.

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
Maddants said:
Yes my interview was here in my home country of jamaica back in Sept. 2013 and the visa officer denied me at the interview so my wife appeal and we won our appeal.. At the full hearing they call me from toronto on the phone to ask me a few questions....
Hey what kind of question do they ask ?

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Hi Guys,

I need some help regarding my spouse application.

By Jan end Immigration requested to submit medical, Police clearance and updates schedule A form before feb 29. And i did medical last month and submitted all request documents on feb29. So i need know what will be the next? is they will ask any other document or is i hav any chance of rejection again?

Can i know y they asked us to submitted schedule A form with police clearance and medical?

And My ecas changed to medical received at the end of feb cause i did medical feb 1st week.

How long does they will take to reply me back? after i submitted all requested documents( which is police clearance and schedule A form submitted on feb 29). Its been 3 weeeks now...i am worrying too much. please someone help me on this?

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
vijay1987 said:
Hi Guys,

I need some help regarding my spouse application.

By Jan end Immigration requested to submit medical, Police clearance and updates schedule A form before feb 29. And i did medical last month and submitted all request documents on feb29. So i need know what will be the next? is they will ask any other document or is i hav any chance of rejection again?

Can i know y they asked us to submitted schedule A form with police clearance and medical?

And My ecas changed to medical received at the end of feb cause i did medical feb 1st week.

How long does they will take to reply me back? after i submitted all requested documents( which is police clearance and schedule A form submitted on feb 29). Its been 3 weeeks now...i am worrying too much. please someone help me on this?
Hi Vijay,

If they asked you to submit medical and other documents, it means, they've made decision on your file and soon, you will be granted visa. Sometime, they ask for some forms and police clearance just to fulfill their needs/desire, or to justify the delays, caused at their end.

About the timeline, it should be done very soon now, as the government is working towards faster reunification of families.

It's all good at your end, and also please share your timeline.

SV670

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
SV670 said:
Hi Everybody,

I was reading so may cases, where after the interview VO told that they gonna let you know soon, and then they send refusal letter.

Here is very important point I observed, that all VOs who interviewed and later refused are all LADIES, (no offense to any gender)but isn't this a reality?

Please share your thoughts and concerns, and feel free, if someone has to criticze, please do so, but I'm trying to put facts on top.

SV670
In our case so evident she was gonna say no. Our file was full of proof and I brought more, but she didn't look at messenger and skype. Just photos where she criticized alot. Oh your wife is old! Where is the food? While thumbing thru pics. Then turns a page and sees ppl at our wedding eating traditional meals. We got the last time slot of the week and it was at 11:30am just before lunch break. He answered all questions. She said I don't work, but I do. Same job for 22 yrs. She said my husband was handsome. So inappropriate. And she say same, I will let you know. My husband tell her I am outside of embassy waiting. And that my flight back was 4 days later on Victoria Day. He says she will stay longer for reply. She says send your wife home. But I stay cuz we knew outcome not good. And she sent refusal email the morning I was supposed to go. She told my husband good luck at the end of it. Her unprofessional attitude disgusts me. So in my case yes a woman interviewed my husband. An immigrant herself.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
maria a said:
Hey what kind of question do they ask ?
Hey maria how are you doing..... at my interview the ask me question about m wife tribe and culture... When we got married, ask about my wife job, ask about her parents and sibling plus question about her kids.. questions like that i got ask. They ask alot more question about our relationship but tht is the basic questions i got ask in my interview.