New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Hi Everybody,

I was reading so may cases, where after the interview VO told that they gonna let you know soon, and then they send refusal letter.

Here is very important point I observed, that all VOs who interviewed and later refused are all LADIES, (no offense to any gender)but isn't this a reality?

Please share your thoughts and concerns, and feel free, if someone has to criticze, please do so, but I'm trying to put facts on top.

SV670

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
SV670 said:
Hi Everybody,

I was reading so may cases, where after the interview VO told that they gonna let you know soon, and then they send refusal letter.

Here is very important point I observed, that all VOs who interviewed and later refused are all LADIES, (no offense to any gender)but isn't this a reality?

Please share your thoughts and concerns, and feel free, if someone has to criticze, please do so, but I'm trying to put facts on top.

SV670
I got interview and im a man and they refused me...i dont know about the others at all

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Maddants said:
I got interview and im a man and they refused me...i dont know about the others at all
I meant to say the VOs who interviewed are all ladies in all cases I read here so far.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
CheshireCats said:
Hey guys, new to this thread...been on this board for over 4 years though.
Long story short. I am sponsor and hubby is from Australia. Minor criminality in Canada.
First filed inland app...refused 2013
Second filed outland app ... refused Oct 2015
Appealed and asked for ADR ... Jan 2016
Just won appeal...Minister consented by paper hearing 2 days ago. H&C considerations!!! (We have 3 children)
After 4.5 long years...

What happens now? I keep hearing our file might go to Ottawa, or will it go to Australia?
Does it jump to the front of the queue or to the end?

Hubby is in Canada on a TRP and a Work Permit (has been for 4 years) keep extending. This current one expires mid June 2016. Which would mean I would have to apply again for a 5th extension if all of this isn't done by mid-May.

Should I send hubby for a medical and stuff or just wait for them to request it?

Thanks in advance :)
I want to say congrats on winning your appeal... If i was you i would find out where they going to send your file so you will know who is dealing with it... It going to take about 45-50 working days to hear from the visa office that is dealing with your files....it might go over that time but majority of the ppl hear from cpc-ottawa... Get your hubby to go and do his medical and police record so you can have it on spot to send it in when the request it......wait until about 30 days to go do it...so when they ask to do it your hubby dont have to go do and run up and down trying to get them done..... make sure him copy the boi page of his passport also because the will ask for that also..... I hope this help you out some

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
SV670 said:
I meant to say the VOs who interviewed are all ladies in all cases I read here so far.
sorry about that SV670.......i did not understand your previous post.... Yes it was a woman that denied me at the embassy but one thing i can say it that she cant stop my relationship at all... Only God can do that... They are trying to play God but one thing i can say is that the Lord is the one true God... We are his children and he will never let us down because only God know the future....

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
soblue3 said:
you mean 2 months till they request all the documents needed to upgrade your file yes? it used to be much shorter after the appeal for them to finish everything. right now in ottawa the new processing time for family reunification including after the appeal is max 17 months minus the 2 months allowable for assessment of the sponsor. some people may get it faster but this is the general processing time. i was also shocked but it is what it is..the mp can inquire but not change what is going on. the only think i think can happen is when the mp asks about the file then they actually maybe have to open it and look at it and if they feel like doing something they will. If security checks are not finished there is nothing the mp can do. security checks in america and western europe would probably be much faster than some other countries.
soblue ... you had better double check your facts before telling everyone they have another 17 months before they can be united with their spouse!

First of all ... Ottawa has nothing to do with it. After the appeal, your file is sent to the visa office in your spouse's country. Second ... I have never heard of any sponsor being "re-assessed" after the appeal. Maddants has said many times the waiting times that the wait is between 5 and 8 months. My own lawyer has said that.

Be careful what you say here ... many people have been waiting a very long time already.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
wintersnow said:
soblue ... you had better double check your facts before telling everyone they have another 17 months before they can be united with their spouse!

First of all ... Ottawa has nothing to do with it. After the appeal, your file is sent to the visa office in your spouse's country. Second ... I have never heard of any sponsor being "re-assessed" after the appeal. Maddants has said many times the waiting times that the wait is between 5 and 8 months. My own lawyer has said that.

Be careful what you say here ... many people have been waiting a very long time already.
pardon me? how rude.
this is what the MP who spoke with an immigration officer who is dealing with my file told me in writing..through email...i dont appreciate you talking to me that way. and second maybe maddants has another visa office dealing with it...but our file is in Ottawa...so not sure what you are getting at. and yes look at it yourself ...on the immigration site it says that it can take maximum 17 months. since we all have have been appealing our files were closed. thats why ecas was not working...now after they received the file after the appeal they have been re opened. i dont know where other people get their information...and what do you mean be careful what i write here? this is an open forum...we all can share any information we have...is that a problem? do you immagine i want to wait that long? i been here for a long time and i know people who got their visa 6 weeks after the appeal. but that was 3 years ago..they also went through the new ottawa office...did maddants not tell you our files had to be send to the ottawa office?..there is a pilot project there which deals with the cases of allowed appeals...it is so irritating when people who dont want to find info on their own make such rude statements. you expect me to lie to make you happy or something? yes i hope it will be faster than 17 months..but 17 month processing time maximum is what the immigration person told my MP..ok? Maddants is not an immigration officer or consultant..but of course i hope its no more than 8 months. and i did not write that a sponsor had to be re assesed..just i wrote that we can deduct from the 17 month the 57 days (about 2 months) they use for assessment of sponsor...i wrote above you can exclude or minus the 2 months. maybe you you should be more careful how you read ..so that you dont have to jump at people.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
wintersnow said:

Hey there my friend winter snow.... How are you doing today....... I just have to say that soblue is right about the 17 months processing time after winning appeal... I always say that most appeal case go to the cpc-ottawa to be process. I seen a 1-2 appeal cases go back to the visa office in the country where the person been sponsored live. So i think that depends on where the case worker send a person files after they win there appeal..... Just like soblue say im not an immigration officer... When i make an asumption if from going back to the beginning of this forum thread and doing some calculation of my own with other ppl timelines... Most ppl that do win there appeal case do takes about 5-8 to complete but the real time should be within 17 months time frame... I case across a couple ppl case that took a 1 or more year to complete after and appeal. Once we wn our appeal it like we refiling back our application all over again but they have a pilot program that in the immigration section just to deal with our files differently that the others that is why the time frame is cut short and ppl getting there ppr with the 5-8 months time frame.... The background and security check is the thing that holds up alot of person application because some country government is very dirt slow when they get contacted by cbsa to ask them questions about a person background... I think ppl from western countries get thru a bit faster that ppl from eastern countries like the middle east because of this terroism thing going on.... Im not saying that everyone there is a terrorist but most government look at that why... You every heard the saying 'innocent until proven guilty' They look at it the other way around ;Guilty until proving innocent.....

PS. we are all in this together everyone so please help each other out from you own expierence so other ppl that is new can have an idea of how the process work... That is what i try to share with everyone.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Hey soblue ... I didn't intend to insult you :)

Sometimes my language can be a little abrupt. I apologize for that. I was angry and should have screened my post before I sent it out.

It really upset me to hear you say I had to wait up to 17 months to be re-united with my wife! If I had been calm, I would have asked to explain how you came to that conclusion and we could have had a discussion.

So … I searched for application sponsoring times on google and came across the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

It does indeed say 17 months ... but this is the wait time for a new application. What we are all going through is a continuation of an existing application. I have a file number ... we all have file numbers … our application is in progress. The people who may have to wait 17 months are new applicants without an existing file.

I believe, this processing time estimate does not apply to us. No VO is going to go through our evidence anymore. There is no initial wait time in Ottawa as they assess the suitability of the sponsor (53 days to assess). We have all proved we are genuine now. The only thing remaining is a final medical check and police clearance and one more check to make sure nothing material has changed in the applicant’s situation. This is why they only ask to re-submit the basic forms after the successful appeal. There is no request for form 5490 detailing our history, how we met, etc.

Reviewing our file before PR should be a very mechanical thing ... and to be honest, I think it would be unfair for our government to put us back on the bottom of the stack. It should be a basic “rubber stamp” process now.

Today, I spoke with my lawyer for about 30 minutes. She told me that reviewing the file after a successful appeal is in a totally different stream from the new application stream. We do not get put at the bottom of the pile with new applicants. We do not fall into the 17 month stream. However, she did say that even though we are in a different pile of files to review, we do end up on some VO’s desk. Because there is a general backlog in the system, our files may also be delayed because the VO has to also process new applications. It also depends on whose desk you land on. I know a case who had a successful appeal after ours and they have already received the letter requesting new medical check, etc. That case probably landed on a VOs desk that had simple cases and could rapidly get to hers.

My lawyer also confirmed that applications for spouses outside Canada get sent back to the Visa Office in that country for re-processing. This was also confirmed by the 3 CIC employees I contacted in Ottawa. I don’t know about the cases Maddants says are processed in Ottawa. That is something I would like to know more about.

I realize that it is incredibly hard to get real answers from anyone in this immigration system. I have tried to trace my file. I contacted the IRB and the CBSA and all I know is the IRB sent it to CBSA and the CBSA sent it Ottawa (I believe). I called the CIC 3 times and no one seems to know where it is. Everyone I talk to at CIC tells me it has nothing to do with them ... they say it will be re-submitted to the visa office in my wife's country.

So … we are getting 2 very different answers here.

You say your MP told you about the wait time, but who did the MP talk to? In your last post you said the MP spoke to the immigration officer dealing with your file? Did you get the letter and submit all the documentation they requested? The medical and police check? The updated forms? Has your ecas been re-activated?

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hey wintersnow...... when they request my medical and police record with updated forms. CPC-ottawa is the one that requested that stuff and i have to send everything straight to CPC-Ottawa from Kingston Jamaica..... When i get my ppr it will come from ottawa but if im not mistaken i will be able to send my passport to the visa office in my country of Jamaica or i can send it to ottawa if i want...So they do give you a choice on where you want to send you passport to for the visa to be issued....

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Maddants said:
Hey wintersnow...... when they request my medical and police record with updated forms. CPC-ottawa is the one that requested that stuff and i have to send everything straight to CPC-Ottawa from Kingston Jamaica..... When i get my ppr it will come from ottawa but if im not mistaken i will be able to send my passport to the visa office in my country of Jamaica or i can send it to ottawa if i want...So they do give you a choice on where you want to send you passport to for the visa to be issued....
Did you have your interview in Jamaica?

oneness

Aug 16, 2012
Maddants said:
I think both of you are right on processing time and I believe it all depends on a discretion of appeal board officer in charge of your file. I won my appeal and on October 5th and I called severally plus using my MP office located on my street to look for where my file was stacked. It was after an advise from Maddants to send a copy of my decision to Accra I was able to get medical needs police requests. I strongly think it shouldn't be up to 17 months to finalize it once appeal is won and completed

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
wintersnow said:
Did you have your interview in Jamaica?
Yes my interview was here in my home country of jamaica back in Sept. 2013 and the visa officer denied me at the interview so my wife appeal and we won our appeal.. At the full hearing they call me from toronto on the phone to ask me a few questions....

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
I agree with Maddants, after winning my appeal my case was sent to Ottawa as well. When I received a remedical and police clearance request it came from Ottawa and the letter specifically said to mail all the documents back to Ottawa. I recently received request for ARC documents from Ottawa as well and was asked to mail it back to them.

Most appeal cases I know of went to Ottawa after winning appeal.

My lawyer had told me on the day we won our appeal that my file will go back to the VO in Trinidad and then come back to Ottawa and will finish processing there. Not sure how true that is.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
WaitingSince2012 said:
I agree with Maddants, after winning my appeal my case was sent to Ottawa as well. When I received a remedical and police clearance request it came from Ottawa and the letter specifically said to mail all the documents back to Ottawa. I recently received request for ARC documents from Ottawa as well and was asked to mail it back to them.

Most appeal cases I know of went to Ottawa after winning appeal.

My lawyer had told me on the day we won our appeal that my file will go back to the VO in Trinidad and then come back to Ottawa and will finish processing there. Not sure how true that is.
Maybe that is how it works. The file is first sent to the VO in the applicant's country and then returned to Ottawa for final processing.

The CBSA definitely told my lawyer that the file was going back to China after the appeal. Maybe the file is sent to the home country so the VO has one last chance to refuse on some other basis.