+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

cher43

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi waitingonforever sorry i have been busy and not been online we got refusal letter 21 days after his interview which was nov 7 2012

cher43

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Vo officer my husband had said our marriage was not genuine .. her issue was i never went back after we married but i got hurt at work and ended up having surgery and could not leave the country as i was under WCB care i than did physio 5 days a week for almost 6 months returned to work and yes i fell and tore the ligament in my ankle a high ankle sprain which sat me back even further. the o thought i should have gone to Tunisia for my Physio good good shhe is a canadian she know i could never do that i have dr letter and physio appt also age difference put my lawyer says that bogus because more ppl everyday are marring older women and its a bit of a human rights thing

MelanieOn2013

Nov 26, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
So sorry you went through this @ MelanieOn. It's a good idea you are getting a lawyer. This must be hard, however, it's important to understand where the visa officer(VO) is coming from in other to overcome the hurdles, even if you don't agree. I don't think she questions your dedication, rather it appears to me she has questions over you guys' compatibility as it relates to Indian culture.

1. Is it common in Indian culture for men to marry women who are older? If it isn't common, then your husband has to do more to explain why/show he loves you and what governed his choice.
2. age - it's a double edge sword in that depending on a woman's age, an officer could be looking to see if she can have kids. If this is not likely and the man doesn't have kids but comes from a culture where is it the norm to have kids, they will question it. I read a case on canlii where one of reasons given for refusal was that the woman couldn't have kids(not saying that's the case here). Her husband was aware but CIC found this hard to accept because in the man's culture, having kids was quite the norm. The case was dismissed on judicial review.
3. dowry - in most Indian cultures, the woman's family pays dowry in order to marry the man. Was this the case for you?
4. families are usually involved in the process in India - were both yours and his involved and supportive? Do you have evidence - pictures, emails, letters, etc?
5. visiting him, etc will help show your relationship is continuing. However, I think it's good to pay more attention to demonstrating that you guys are compatible, have a lot in common, etc. Best wishes.
Dowry is Illegal anyone found asking or receiving will be charge with a criminal offense!! o_O For the wedding his entire family came. I even had adopted parents that acted on behalf of my own, since my parents can't travel that far. An Affidavit signed and notarized from a lawyer with statements that my parents approved of my wedding and my conversion but where unable to attend due to health they both signed it and a copy of their driver's licences where part of it. My husband took in 5 newspaper clippings of the wedding. We have traveled around India and to Maldive together over the years so there was several travel documents and skype chat and logs dating back to 2008.
Racial stereotype is against the law, yes my husband is Indian but he is more Western than some of the Canadian Indians here if they want to play that card -_- His family is 90% all love marriages and his Uncle is married to an Australian who daughters both had kids before marriage which is NOT an issue with anyone. It's just pure ignorance to stereotype...that's like saying all Canadians live in Igloos and we get around in dog sleds...this is the 21st Century and judging one on compatibility based on Culture is discrimination. That's like saying well your children won't be white since your husband is brown how could your family accept that...Yes there is a difference in traditions, in food, in song and in dance but there is no difference in love. So unless my husband is hiding that his family are really Aliens from Outer Space.. we are of the same species. And as with any other species we find a mate and for the majority of us we mate for life... Race, Age, Gender, and Religion should never be brought into it that's against Human Right's and I would really love to know how they have gotten away with it for so long.
I can see questions made if this was a 6 month relationship and a rushed marriage but we've been married Legally for 2 years and a couple since 2008 with a mountain pile of paperwork proof and photos of our trips together. I've traveled over there 3 times now since they denied his travel visa Which I was told 75% of all Indian travel visa are denied from a friend that works for an Immigration firm. When I asked why?? she said that's just how its done -_-
My in-laws spoil me rotten and love me as their own.. like seriously if I could of adjusted, I'd never have to work a day in my life over there. I'm treated like a princess. My husband brought me coffee every morning in bed and made me breakfast. My father in law would go out every night to buy me sweats or ice cream and my mother in law has giving me so much jewelry and Saris, I had to put half in the bank over there and when my husband finally is able to come he is going to have to bring a second suitcase of women s clothing, and there's still going to be a closet full. So yeah his family approves of me as their daughter and I fit in there, it's just that I get too sick which if they want documents of that I can get them cause I came back with a parasite.
And my family well.... my grandfather was a German and my grandmother was a Jew...we go way back to being open minded and following our hearts. My brothers aren't married to "Canadians" either because we were brought up everyone was equal and honestly I didn't know there even was a difference. I had black, Asian, white, Catholic, Jehovah's Witness, Muslim, Atheist, Gay, Bi, Trans sexual and straight friends all were welcome to our place. The only friend's my parents couldn't quite understand were the Vegetarians the whole concept of its not Vegetable soup if you had the beef in it...they still don't get it!! :p So I'm having a real problem grasping why in the 21st Century they can be so closed minded.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@Melanie, I totally understand what you mean and agree with you that those things shouldn't matter. Just curious, at the time of the interview(if there was one) did you have this evidence of your workplace accident with you? My heart breaks for you that in your condition they expected you to travel abroad for physio when in your own country you would have better care and perhaps your insurance covers it. :( I believe in God and I know He doesn't allow us to face challenges we can't overcome. Therefore, I am comforted in the knowledge that you will overcome. Sending you hugs.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Hi everyone!

I have been reading thru this thread for a while, and I think even since I know about this forum...MelanieOn2013, I feel the same way as you, we are Canadians, asking PR for our spouse in CANADA not in another country. Yes true our spouses come from other cultures, religion, backgrounds, sexuality, but aren't we as we portray being proud Canadians show the world how closed minded we are, and instead of really trying to find the guilty and the ones that play on the systems, we instead strive on people who love eachother, who will do anything to keep the relationship as one.......Do I really need to go on???

My hubby went for an interview just recently,they send you a letter to attend an interview, and ask you to bring proofs. They end up not taking any of it. Not even looking at it. The VO even has a cell ringing during an interview, picking it up and answering while the person is talking and answering questions....the gull, the irrespect...and my taxes are paying these incompetent irrespectful human beings. I don't know what will be the outcome of this, but something needs to change, attitudes, empathy, respect of human beings!

ethan1514

Dec 1, 2013
My Friend sister(Pakistan) got married in (punjab)India,She sponsored her Hubby from India,Everything went fine,but he had interview on Dec 4th.but he failed to convince the immigration officers.So they Reject his application.what she should do now..does she need to appeal

hhassa

Mar 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30-04-2012
File Transfer...
01-10-2011
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
2-12-2013-recieved rejection letter after 1 week. Won ADR on 24 July 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 18 2014
ethan1514 said:
My Friend sister(Pakistan) got married in (punjab)India,She sponsored her Hubby from India,Everything went fine,but he had interview on Dec 4th.but he failed to convince the immigration officers.So they Reject his application.what she should do now..does she need to appeal
how do you know the reject his application? was he told during interview or did they receive a letter? was he asked to do medical before the interview or he had valid medical?

if you have already received refusal letter then yes she needs to apply for appeal.

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
Guysss any idea as to how long they take on an average after re-medical??
Its been 2.5months We've submitted re-medical & passport??? No News/nothing yet???
Totally frustrated :mad:
17months since Application submitted :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
cal2can said:
Guysss any idea as to how long they take on an average after re-medical??
Its been 2.5months We've submitted re-medical & passport??? No News/nothing yet???
Totally frustrated :mad:
17months since Application submitted :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hi cal2can I am not sure how long it takes. :'( I hope and pray it is very soon for you my dear. So sorry :'( By the way did you wait for them to request a new medical and police clearance or did you just go ahead and make an appt yourselves? In Havana right now it is 2 or 3 months waiting to get in for a 2 day appt for the medical and it is $405 cuc tourist pesos almost equivalent to the Canadian dollar. Used to be long ago 1 to 1 with the American dollar.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
hhassa said:
for those who were refused what does your online status say?
Mine just said AOR date of sponsorship approval for me, the date processing started, date of the interview and a decision has been made and that you will be contacted with this decision

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
cher43 said:
Hi my ADR hearing is Dec 9 Next Monday send me good vibes ppl :)
:D Hi cher43 I am thinking about you this morning with your ADR ((((((((I am sending you huge positive vibes your way my dear ))))))) :-* :-* :-* :D ;) 8)

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Double Rainbow said:
:D Hi cher43 I am thinking about you this morning with your ADR ((((((((I am sending you huge positive vibes your way my dear ))))))) :-* :-* :-* :D ;) 8)
I thought of you cher43 this morning when I got out of bed. I am here with my dear friend Double Rainbow to wish you a successful hearing! Keep us posted as soon as you can.

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
Double Rainbow said:
Hi cal2can I am not sure how long it takes. :'( I hope and pray it is very soon for you my dear. So sorry :'( By the way did you wait for them to request a new medical and police clearance or did you just go ahead and make an appt yourselves? In Havana right now it is 2 or 3 months waiting to get in for a 2 day appt for the medical and it is $405 cuc tourist pesos almost equivalent to the Canadian dollar. Used to be long ago 1 to 1 with the American dollar.
Yes Double Rainbow they sent me a re-med & re-pcc request in Sep'13 & we sent the same month !
Still Waiting :(

cher43

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone we lost our ADR it was hell she had her mind made up before we even went in she would not look at phone records and other things am so upset right now

cher43

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
her question i answer perfect but she ask me again why i never went to tunisia to get my physio after i got hurt at work how do they let these ppl be gods to rule our life my god something has to be done to this system