+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
This is not true, please don’t spread misinformation. As I said above, for now you can enter Canada to land permanently even if you’re not vaccinated. There are other exemptions as well https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start
[/QUOTE
Well, I wasn't confusing anyone. I just came back from vacation on Tuesday. I was asked to show what I stated above as part of the checklist. My suggestion, if you have means of being vaccinated before you travel, please do to avoid unnecessary questioning..More importantly, you will do arrival PCR -test at the airport and random covid tests thereafter perhaps on day 8.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
The problem is it's not so easy in many countries to get vaccinated, or that the vaccines that are available are not recognized by Canada (Russia and the sputnik vaccine for example*)

So yes - get bloody vaccinated (and any anti-vaxxers who want can come after me). And if you don't, deal with the quarantine and inability to do a lot of things.

But there are technical aspects to it that aren't so easy to resolve and for individuals, not something they can 'just fix.' [I can see how it would seem liek that in Canada - we took our kid to get the pediatric shot today at a mass clinic and was all simple and easy and free; nothing fancy but functional. We would have preferred at the local pharmacy - also free but just a bit nicer - but delays there for some reason.]

@passenger19 - you may want to look into countries that are doing what acquaintances of mine are calling "vaccine tours" - fly to eg armenia croatia I think slovenia and some other countries, and they'll give you one shot of [some western vaccine], and acc to EU rules apparently they can recognise the two sputnik shots + [western] as 'fully vaccinated.' I know it works after that for EU countries (the certificate is recognized in EU), don't know about Canada though (I mean I literally do not know, and it would be pointless to do if Canada didn't recognize the EU certificate).

[We did sputnik and then the full pfizer course in Canada - so I know how frustrating it is to be vaccinated - sputnik supposedly works - and still have to quarantine.]

*I note separately that Putin apparently did an interview where he admitted Russian authorities/agencies really did screw up in not presenting data and info needed by WHO/EU and others to get Sputnik recognized - ie. the vaccine was/is good but they literally did not know how to provide what was needed. I have the interview somewhere saved to get to. I mention only that it's been yet another fake scandal that the "Russophobes" have not recognised the Russian vaccine but the issue really is a technical one where they screwed up.
Some people say it will be approved by WHO by March. But it’s been postponed so many times so I don’t know what to expect. I believe for Canada you need 2 shots of recognized vaccines so for these tours you would have to stay for 2 shots and then wait at least 2 weeks to be eligible to fly to Canada as vaccinated.

Reactions: armoured

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
@bakanomics
You say you came back from a vacation. How is this relevant to exemptions for just approved PR who travel to land permanently? You and Alexis are privileged to speak like that. As Armoured said above, not everyone has access to approved by Canada vaccines, and many don’t have access to any vaccines. And these vaccination tours to other countries aren’t affordable for everyone. So this is why for now just approved PRs can travel to Canada without any problems.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I just read from something sent me that Canada will now recognize as fully vaccinated anyone who has had three shots of an unrecognized vaccine (eg Sputnik) or one or more shots of such a vaccine PLUS one shot of a recognized vaccine.

So the vaccine tour would work but so would getting a Sputnik booster (after the two shot regimen).

I am not certain about this but i did notice that now the aerivecan app has a space for info about the Sputnik vaxx.

Please check the health Canada site, i have the text only from a forward to me.
Thanks for the info! I read something like that on another forum but couldn’t find this information on Canada.ca so I didn’t go further.
This would be a game changer if it’s true. It’s soon to be 6 months since my last shot and I was thinking about the Sputnik Light booster. But how would it work inside Canada? Do you guys have local qr codes? Because who would let me in with some Russian papers with a unauthorized vaccine even if it’s 3 shots.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
I feel like we've been waiting for them to review Eligibility for a long time. How long are these people going to take to review IAD ruling.

Its so flipping annoying.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
@bakanomics
You say you came back from a vacation. How is this relevant to exemptions for just approved PR who travel to land permanently? You and Alexis are privileged to speak like that. As Armoured said above, not everyone has access to approved by Canada vaccines, and many don’t have access to any vaccines. And these vaccination tours to other countries aren’t affordable for everyone. So this is why for now just approved PRs can travel to Canada without any problems.
You sound like you're attacking us...give your opinion and stop attacking me about being privileged.

Make your point and let it be; there is no need to become defensive.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
You sound like you're attacking us...give your opinion and stop attacking me about being privileged.

Make your point and let it be; there is no need to become defensive.
If I say you’re privileged to reply to my clarifications about current exemptions “just go get jabbed” it doesn’t mean I’m attacking you. I was explaining why it’s not that simple for those who don’t have access to vaccines. If you feel attacked well it’s on you. I didn’t mean any of that.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the info! I read something like that on another forum but couldn’t find this information on Canada.ca so I didn’t go further.
This would be a game changer if it’s true. It’s soon to be 6 months since my last shot and I was thinking about the Sputnik Light booster. But how would it work inside Canada? Do you guys have local qr codes? Because who would let me in with some Russian papers with a unauthorized vaccine even if it’s 3 shots.
@armoured your previous message disappeared.
Yes, I deleted it because I discovered the source of the confusion (my mistake and my friend who sent me screenshot) - it wasn't federal rules for travellers arriving but a screening tool for province of Ontario, that I think is just for school attendance (but possibly some other uses, not certain).

My apologies, I really should have checked before posting that it applies to travellers.

Hopefully they will adopt something like this soon.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
If I say you’re privileged to reply to my clarifications about current exemptions “just go get jabbed” it doesn’t mean I’m attacking you. I was explaining why it’s not that simple for those who don’t have access to vaccines. If you feel attacked well it’s on you. I didn’t mean any of that.
its all good....we are fortunate to have access to free health care in Canada. However some of us do pay a lot of taxes.

F.ayub

Dec 7, 2020
Hi friends.. I have one question . Please any one can answer.. I won my appeal in first week of November 2021 ..but when I checked My online status in second week of November 2021 it's show old result decision made... Today I checked on ecas it's show you put wrong information.. but I put right information. Please let me know why not show my online status?? Thank you

Miror

Jul 31, 2021
Please check Canada.ca for confirmation. I read that you need to be fully vaccinated before they can allow you to board from your origin except you have a child that is below 14 years of age. At the point of boarding, you will be asked to present;
1. Arrival Cann info
2. Proof of vaccination
3. PCR- Test result
On landing, you will be asked to do arrival pcr-test again.

Pls be sure before embarking on the journey.
All the best!
Thank you