+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a question if anyone here has information, that would be great. Do you guys know if we can be refused after an appeal has been won?
Technically yes. As very simple and obvious example, if anything significant has changed that makes the sponsor/applicant ineligible (eg a sponsor now not a citizen or PR or PR not residing in Canada, etc); or, again, rather obviously, if something is discovered that disqualifies either that was not known or considered before (criminal history discovered?).

I do not know but doubt that it could be refused on the same basis as before (unless, again, something changed/new information comes to light, like couple divorced).

This may sound trivial but it's not: it really is starting the whole process all over again (for the most part) since the same obligations on IRCC (the visa officer) to check and be certain of and document all the things that are required under legislation. If they need to check the sponsor is not on social assistance, that starts over.

[Note: I am not trying to defend IRCC's processing of cases under appeal - nor saying that this is done 'quickly' or with sufficient care or fairly or whatever; no moral/subjective judgment or approval from me whatsoever. Just noting that IRCC's responsibilities under legislation don't change because it's an appeal, and since they treat the process as starting over (which in and of itself may not be fair or justified - no opinion), they re-do many verifications and complete verifications that weren't done before.]

Donnie649

Sep 1, 2021
Plz I need your help guys, I can't remember my GCKey password. I can't even remember my security questions, how can I retrieve them? And my on-line service hasn't given me update since this year. My lawyer isn't replying my emails and my calls. My spouse tried calling IRCC, they told him that they could only respond to my representative. This is really frustrating. Appeal case won 25th January 2021.
As the sponsor, you are allowed to make inquiries. With regards to your lawyer, that's pretty unprofessional not to answer calls. For example, I contacted ircc and had no issue asking questions about my file. Just make sure u have your UCI or application number on hand.

Blusindy

Mar 4, 2020
As the sponsor, you are allowed to make inquiries. With regards to your lawyer, that's pretty unprofessional not to answer calls. For example, I contacted ircc and had no issue asking questions about my file. Just make sure u have your UCI or application number on hand.
I can't contact IRCC because I'm not in Canada but my spouse is, and I'm the applicant. We where advice to fill and summit IMM 5476 so he can have access to my file but it requires only one rep. Should we use IMM 5475 instead?

Blusindy

Mar 4, 2020
I don't know anything about the password settings but both of you should call IRCC together or you can fill out form giving the sponsor permission to get information from IRCC. Which one of you is the principal applicant? IRCC will only give the information to the PA.
We aren't together yet.
Plz which particular form IMM 5476 or IMM 5475. Remember we have a very lousy lawyer (representative).
I'm the principal applicant and I'm not Canada

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
The sponsor cannot access information on the PA application. Some of us (including me) get away with it. You need to get the Principal Applicant to complete the "Use a Representative" form giving the Sponsor permission to access the file.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
We aren't together yet.
Plz which particular form IMM 5476 or IMM 5475. Remember we have a very lousy lawyer (representative).
I'm the principal applicant and I'm not Canada
Please listen to me....I'm the sponsor and I live in Canada. My husband is the Principal Applicant and he lives outside of Canada. I call IRCC then I connect him on a 3-way call. This way if IRCC rep refuse to provide me the Sponsor with the information my husband is on the line to answer their questions. I don't know the form number. Its the "Use the Representative" form.

Reactions: Blusindy and YVR123

Blusindy

Mar 4, 2020
The sponsor cannot access information on the PA application. Some of us (including me) get away with it. You need to get the Principal Applicant to complete the "Use a Representative" form giving the Sponsor permission to access the file.
But "Use of Representatives form" indicated that only one representative is needed for each file. Remember we have a lousy lawyer (representative).

Blusindy

Mar 4, 2020
Please listen to me....I'm the sponsor and I live in Canada. My husband is the Principal Applicant and he lives outside of Canada. I call IRCC then I connect him on a 3-way call. This way if IRCC rep refuse to provide me the Sponsor with the information my husband is on the line to answer their questions. I don't know the form number. Its the "Use the Representative" form.
Oh...thanks, I think this 3-way call will help.

Reactions: Alexis1971

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Oh...thanks, I think this 3-way call will help.
The wait can be over 30 minutes at time, so I usually call then once the wait time gets to less than 5 minutes I text my husband and ask him to call me, then I merge the calls. I'm usually the one asking all the questions but once the agent knows my husband is on the call, they give me the information.

Reactions: Blusindy

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I have a question if anyone here has information, that would be great. Do you guys know if we can be refused after an appeal has been won?
In addition to Armoured's reply to you - you cannot be refused on the same grounds that you won your appeal on. For example, if you were originally denied as "marriage not genuine' and you appealed and won your appeal - you can not be denied on the same grounds of 'marriage not genuine'.
You can be denied for a new issue (again see Armoured's detailed answer to you).

Reactions: armoured

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Hello Everyone.

I have one questions regarding for my online account. I hope some of you could give me advise.
Last year Nov, I received request letter from CPC-M to update IMM5669 gaps of personal history. They give me three options to submit it, email, webform or online account. So I send it by both email and webform. I did upload it to my online account as well, but during that time I don't know how to submit it (I didn't find next button) So that file was showed upload, not submitted to IRCC in my account. There is no option to remove it, only upload a new file to replace it.
Now, I receive the request letter from Hongkong for medical and Hukou (House Registration). If I use the online tool, it will submit that upload IMM5669 as well. What I am worried is whether this will confuse the office?
If I choose to upload them by webform, can they receive them? I just bit worried about they will miss the document from webform due to Afghan situation. I was told that if you submit document by online tool, officer can receive it right away?

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Technically yes. As very simple and obvious example, if anything significant has changed that makes the sponsor/applicant ineligible (eg a sponsor now not a citizen or PR or PR not residing in Canada, etc); or, again, rather obviously, if something is discovered that disqualifies either that was not known or considered before (criminal history discovered?).

I do not know but doubt that it could be refused on the same basis as before (unless, again, something changed/new information comes to light, like couple divorced).

This may sound trivial but it's not: it really is starting the whole process all over again (for the most part) since the same obligations on IRCC (the visa officer) to check and be certain of and document all the things that are required under legislation. If they need to check the sponsor is not on social assistance, that starts over.

[Note: I am not trying to defend IRCC's processing of cases under appeal - nor saying that this is done 'quickly' or with sufficient care or fairly or whatever; no moral/subjective judgment or approval from me whatsoever. Just noting that IRCC's responsibilities under legislation don't change because it's an appeal, and since they treat the process as starting over (which in and of itself may not be fair or justified - no opinion), they re-do many verifications and complete verifications that weren't done before.]
Have you seen any case in this forum that being refused after winning appeal?

Donnie649

Sep 1, 2021
It is straightforward after winning appeal. If there were any concerns, those concerns were dealt with at your hearing. They are just requesting info because it has been over a year, and anything can happen in one year. I would not worry, just submit whatever they request for in a timely manner as you know there is a deadline after they request info. Good luck

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It is straightforward after winning appeal. If there were any concerns, those concerns were dealt with at your hearing. They are just requesting info because it has been over a year, and anything can happen in one year. I would not worry, just submit whatever they request for in a timely manner as you know there is a deadline after they request info. Good luck
I do agree with this point - I don't think there's any surprises here, nor do I really think that IRCC is playing games.

I'm just pointing out the reality - of course if they discover something bad they can still deny an application. But also - of course they have a legal obligation to run through all the checks (it's a requirement of legislation). Unfortunately that means it can still take time. (And there's no evidence to suggest IRCC tries hard to speed things up if they lose on appeal)

But for the most part, if application was refused for a 'standard' reason (genuine relationship etc, things that are somewhat subjective) and there are no other issues, outright refusal should be rare. (Warning: sometimes there actually are multiple issues)