+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Hanedu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Our hearing was virtual. I was interviewed first, without my husband. Then he was interviewed but I was allowed be there. I was home and he was in the US. I do not believe the applicant is allowed to be in the same room as the sponsor when the sponsor is being interviewed.
How many hour's each took? Did you get your approval right there? What kind of questions where they asking? Sorry am asking too much.. thank you!

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
How many hour's each took? Did you get your approval right there? What kind of questions where they asking? Sorry am asking too much.. thank you!
My interview was 3 hours then we had to schedule another day for my husband, which took less than 2 hours. We waited 6 weeks for the decision.

They asked questions about our relationship....all the information you need to prepare you is in the Blue book. Sorry I just don't want to keep reliving this nightmare.

Hanedu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
My interview was 3 hours then we had to schedule another day for my husband, which took less than 2 hours. We waited 6 weeks for the decision.

They asked questions about our relationship....all the information you need to prepare you is in the Blue book. Sorry I just don't want to keep reliving this nightmare.
Thank you very much. I know it's a nightmare. The main part is over for you. Celebrate now.

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Hi. Question for you. At your hearing where you together in the same room? Was it virtual? I have hearing in November and by that time I will be with my husband. So my laywer is not sure if IAD will allow us to be together during the hearing. The network connection in Africa is really bad so the only thing Is phone call hearing.
ours was a half-day hearing and was virtual. My husband and I are together in the same space; so when each one of was giving testimony the other left the room. You will need to test your equipment beforehand. You will get an email about this.

Hanedu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
ours was a half-day hearing and was virtual. My husband and I are together in the same space; so when each one of was giving testimony the other left the room. You will need to test your equipment beforehand. You will get an email about this.
Oh I see. So for us we will be together in kenya and the network there is not good at all if it comes to videos. So normally they do the hearing over the phone. So am not sure in this situation. Anyone from Africa who has experienced this situation? Thank you

Fafilovexyz

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Oh I see. So for us we will be together in kenya and the network there is not good at all if it comes to videos. So normally they do the hearing over the phone. So am not sure in this situation. Anyone from Africa who has experienced this situation? Thank you
My husband lives in Libya and the network is shit over there. We started out with a video but we had to switch to phone call and a few times they had to call him back. We were lucky that they were patient. We were worried that we would need to reschedule but thankfully it went well.

Reactions: Alexis1971

Hanedu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
My husband lives in Libya and the network is shit over there. We started out with a video but we had to switch to phone call and a few times they had to call him back. We were lucky that they were patient. We were worried that we would need to reschedule but thankfully it went well.
Wow thats great. Hope they will consider phone call due to this network issue. Did u get ur results right away? Thanks

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
i was married before getting pr
I don’t know your situation, but I want to tell you about a common mistake that leads to spousal sponsorship refusal. Some people get married after they receive COPR but before they actually land in Canada. When they arrive in Canada they forget to inform CBSA or IRCC about their new status. When they try to sponsor their spouses they get refused because they didn’t declare their marriage upon arrival. It’s really hard to appeal such cases. I guess it’s possible only on H&C grounds.

Reactions: Alexis1971