+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL INLAND APPLICANTS WHO RECEIVED PPR CONNECT HERE

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the average time for CPC-OTTAWA to return submitted passports?

@noFrills: did you send your passport/s to CPC-Ottawa ? I wish mine gets sent back in 5 days as well. I need to travel outside Canada urgently!

ms-can

Sep 2, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passports received CPC Ottawa on 14th Sept. Just now MyCIC status changed to approved. Return tracker not updated yet. Any idea what is the usual time for return tracker activation after approved status?

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
the_lion said:
What is the average time for CPC-OTTAWA to return submitted passports?

@ noFrills: did you send your passport/s to CPC-Ottawa ? I wish mine gets sent back in 5 days as well. I need to travel outside Canada urgently!
Yep CPC-OTTAWA - I am visa exempt.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Sent my PPR stuff on Sept. 15th, just checked my status on MyCIC, says my application has been approved! Now I'm just waiting to get my CoRP letter back.
I do have a question about doing the landing. I'm planning to flying out of Canada at the end of November. So, if I do the landing before then, I most likely won't get my pr card before I leave. I am from a visa-exampt country. Is it better to just wait until my trip in November to do my landing and not chance havining an issue about not having my pr card when I return? I already have my plane tickets, but I don't know if you can ask for urgent processing on a new pr card.
Anyone wait a few months before doing their landing?

malik85

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
Sent my PPR stuff on Sept. 15th, just checked my status on MyCIC, says my application has been approved! Now I'm just waiting to get my CoRP letter back.
I do have a question about doing the landing. I'm planning to flying out of Canada at the end of November. So, if I do the landing before then, I most likely won't get my pr card before I leave. I am from a visa-exampt country. Is it better to just wait until my trip in November to do my landing and not chance havining an issue about not having my pr card when I return? I already have my plane tickets, but I don't know if you can ask for urgent processing on a new pr card.
Yes you can ask for urgent processing if you have purchased your ticket, however I am not sure how much time they would still take.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
malik85 said:
Yes you can ask for urgent processing if you have purchased your ticket, however I am not sure how much time they would still take.
Unfortunately, it doesn't clearly say that on the CIC website. If you select the option that you haven't submitted an application for a pr card yet, they ask you to fill out a new form, have copies of you tickets and proof of purchase, and mark urgent on the envolpe. That won't work because as a new PR resident, we don't apply for a pr card. It automatically gets processed once you do your landing.
If you select the option for pr card application already in progess, you get sent to fill ina CSE for and that clearly states:

You require urgent processing of your renewal/replacement Permanent Resident card.

There's no option that I could find that allowed you to select a newly issues pr card. I don't know if you can show your proof of travel to the agent when you land and see if they can ask for urgent process on the pr card.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
If you are from a visa exempt country you are good to go! The problem is not in the Canada immigration as you will always have your COPR, the problem is in the country where you depart from as they will not let you check in or get on the plane if you don't have a PRC or a valid visa, since your are from an exempt country, this should not be a problem. You can also confirm this from the immigration officer when you land. If it turned that you still need your PRC (which I doubt), you can always approach your local MP and ask their support to expedite the process, I'v seen this with so many other urgent requests such as renewing PRC, issuing passports ....etc.

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
Totally forgot to put photographer's name and my date of birth on the back of the pics :eek: whooossshhh wonder what will happen now??

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Optimisticlady said:
Totally forgot to put photographer's name and my date of birth on the back of the pics :eek: whooossshhh wonder what will happen now??
I would advise to do so immediately, and send an email that you have caught this mistake and that you have sent another mail with the corrected photos - you should put another copy of the PPR with an explanation.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@AshesNDust - that was pretty quick in movement! Did you send your passport/s to CPC -OTTAWA?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
the_lion said:
@ AshesNDust - that was pretty quick in movement! Did you send your passport/s to CPC -OTTAWA?
Yup, sent it CPC Ottawa. The tracker for the CoPR hasn't been activated yet. Hopefully it won't take took long to get the letter back.

cherryyyyy

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just realized I didn't put my name and date of birth on the back of the photo. Also, my photographer stamped on both of them. I am from non visa exempt country.

My passport was received by Ottawa on Sept 14th. Haven't heard anything yet.

Called CIC this morning the agent said I should wait for further instructions if they don't satisfy with my photo. And he suggested me not to send new photos by myself now.

Anyone had this kind of situation before? Please help. Thanks!

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
My application status changed to approved. PP received at Ottawa on 15th.

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
cherryyyyy said:
I just realized I didn't put my name and date of birth on the back of the photo. Also, my photographer stamped on both of them. I am from non visa exempt country.

My passport was received by Ottawa on Sept 14th. Haven't heard anything yet.

Called CIC this morning the agent said I should wait for further instructions if they don't satisfy with my photo. And he suggested me not to send new photos by myself now.

Anyone had this kind of situation before? Please help. Thanks!
All that is on my pics is the date, the photographer name not on it neither date of birth. My passport was received on September 16 and nothing more from them. I am awaiting further instructions from them as well as change of visa office for spouse and kids. Until they advise me I will not send another set of pics. I am just praying that its not a big deal.