+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL INLAND APPLICANTS WHO RECEIVED PPR CONNECT HERE

Erika Lo

Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm from Taiwan with original passport. Just checked online and found out my country might be visa exempt country. Want to ask which website I can check and if anyone knows if Taiwan is visa exempt country or not? Cuz i have to know if i need to send the original passport or just the copy of the passport

canadaxprs

May 3, 2015
Hi guys,

Congratulations to you. I was just wondering for those of you who did successfully land after getting the ppr (through CEC) what did you answer to the officer at the border for funds available? In other words what did you bring as proof of fund, just your last bank statement and last pay stubs? Thank you very much in advance.

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nofrills said:
Were the photos incorrect format?
I didn't send the photos with my passport. The PPR letter clearly says only to attach photos of the accompanying family members. So if you receive a PPR letter similar to mine, make sure you still attach your photos :)

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
I just got my PPR and have a couple of questions. First, I'm from a visa exempt so I don't have to send my passport, but a photocopy. The letter says to send a copy of the photo page only (the only was in bold) and amendment pages if any. If I'm reading that correctly, it's just the first page with my picture, correct? Anyone know what amendment pages are? Are these pages with stamps or permits? Do I have to send copies of these as well? Normally, I'd just send in a copy of everything, but the letter emphasised the only for the photo page.

Second, I was send the PPR request directly to my email. Am I going to get a version of this letter in my MyCIC account? Is this something I need to wait for or can I just print out the email as the copy of the letter to send in?

Thank you for any answers! I know I'm being overly cautious, but I don't want to make any mistakes!
Hey AshesNdust, I can't answer the first question, but will do for the second. I haven't so far received anything to MyCIC regarding the PPR, it was all to my email. So printing your email and sending out is fine.

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erika Lo said:
I'm from Taiwan with original passport. Just checked online and found out my country might be visa exempt country. Want to ask which website I can check and if anyone knows if Taiwan is visa exempt country or not? Cuz i have to know if i need to send the original passport or just the copy of the passport
Hey Erika, visit here to check if you need a visa
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Looks like you guys have 2 versions of the passport.

sammy2607

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2015
Med's Done....
11th July,2015
Guys,
Got my PPR this morning ;)

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A-man said:
Return tracker got activated today.

01 SEP - PPR
02 SEP - Passport Mailed
04 SEP - Passport Received
08 SEP - Request to send photos
09 SEP - Submitted photos
10 SEP - Photos Received at CIC
14 SEP - Return tracker activated

Will keep posted.
Congratulations!! so happy for you A-man, probably you will receive it today 8) 8)

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
I just got my PPR and have a couple of questions. First, I'm from a visa exempt so I don't have to send my passport, but a photocopy. The letter says to send a copy of the photo page only (the only was in bold) and amendment pages if any. If I'm reading that correctly, it's just the first page with my picture, correct? Anyone know what amendment pages are? Are these pages with stamps or permits? Do I have to send copies of these as well? Normally, I'd just send in a copy of everything, but the letter emphasised the only for the photo page.

Second, I was send the PPR request directly to my email. Am I going to get a version of this letter in my MyCIC account? Is this something I need to wait for or can I just print out the email as the copy of the letter to send in?

Thank you for any answers! I know I'm being overly cautious, but I don't want to make any mistakes!

1. Yes, only first page, and I would suggest the page where the PP is signed by the holder. As for the amendments, I'm not sure it might be related to amendment of any information but I'm sure it is not the rest of the PP with stamps.

2. PPR - most of us (me included) received the PPR directly via an email. I've landed and nothing came through myCIC, don't wait for such mail, you have only 30 days to send the copy of your passport, so don't waist time.

3. Yes, just print the mail, make sure that the print is correct with all the info

You have all the rights to be cautious as you don't want to mess up with CIC at that late stage ;D

Good Luck!

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaxprs said:
Hi guys,

Congratulations to you. I was just wondering for those of you who did successfully land after getting the ppr (through CEC) what did you answer to the officer at the border for funds available? In other words what did you bring as proof of fund, just your last bank statement and last pay stubs? Thank you very much in advance.
Hi, I just landed last weekend and as to this question, I simply responded to how much fund me and my husband have access to in the bank and I had no proof for it with me and the officer never asked for any proof. Also, the amount I gave him was by far less than what I included in my EE profile.

When he asked this question, I clarified if he means when I first came to Canada or right now? he said right now and he asked about all the money that I have access to anywhere! Of course the answer was average as we didn't have the exact amount on the top of our heads, but it was fine with him!!

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Thank you A-Man and AAlhadka for the info! Already made a copy of the photopage and signature page of my passport. They are actually right next to each other on my passport, so I kind of had to have both in the copy. Good to know that forced me to do something that's a good idea. :)

AAlhadka said:
1. Yes, only first page, and I would suggest the page where the PP is signed by the holder. As for the amendments, I'm not sure it might be related to amendment of any information but I'm sure it is not the rest of the PP with stamps.

2. PPR - most of us (me included) received the PPR directly via an email. I've landed and nothing came through myCIC, don't wait for such mail, you have only 30 days to send the copy of your passport, so don't waist time.

3. Yes, just print the mail, make sure that the print is correct with all the info

You have all the rights to be cautious as you don't want to mess up with CIC at that late stage ;D

Good Luck!

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
AshesNdust said:
Thank you A-Man and AAlhadka for the info! Already made a copy of the photopage and signature page of my passport. They are actually right next to each other on my passport, so I kind of had to have both in the copy. Good to know that forced me to do something that's a good idea. :)
Amendments are changes such as name, gender, a correction etc.

I am from a visa exempt country and just sent the photo page (from both passports)

Erika Lo

Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A-man said:
Hey Erika, visit here to check if you need a visa
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Looks like you guys have 2 versions of the passport.
thanks..i checked and it shows I need an eTA to visit transit canada by air does it mean it's visa exempt country?

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take for the passports to be returned by CIC Ottawa?

malik85

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:

Amendments pages are the ones which show the extension of your passports expiry or similar changes

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
My passport was delivered to Ottawa office today. Hoping to have it back by next week!!!