AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Wrong. You need to send the passport in original if you are not from a visa exempt country. If you need visa to come to Canada, you still need to send original passport. i.e. what I recollect. Can someone else throw light on this.

llgn_sp

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Guys,
There is no outland applicants who received PPR group, so Ill write here since my question is simple and unrelated to outland/inland status.

I got PPR and sent my passport to the VO on the same day (Monday). It was received by them on same day (Monday also).

Yesterday (Tuesday) my application status changed to "Approved" on the screen where I see all my applications. When I open the application, nevertheless, nothing changed (I still have BG check in progress, application open, etc.)

Is this a good sign? Should I be getting my PP soon?

What are the steps after we send our PP?

Thanks!!

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
llgn_sp said:
Guys,
There is no outland applicants who received PPR group, so Ill write here since my question is simple and unrelated to outland/inland status.

I got PPR and sent my passport to the VO on the same day (Monday). It was received by them on same day (Monday also).

Yesterday (Tuesday) my application status changed to "Approved" on the screen where I see all my applications. When I open the application, nevertheless, nothing changed (I still have BG check in progress, application open, etc.)

Is this a good sign? Should I be getting my PP soon?

What are the steps after we send our PP?

Thanks!!
Hi, can you give an update on what happened to you? I am currently in the same situation with my application. Thanks Nicoletta

llgn_sp

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Hi Nicoletta.

My update:

PPR - Mar21
Passport sent to & received by VO - Mar21
MyCIC Approved - Mar22
PP & COPR arrived - Apr1

Good luck!

aminteger

Jul 13, 2015
Hi

I received an email to submit my passport and 2 photos to the Ottawa PO.Box on Sep. 7, I sent them on the day after and Canada Post tracking system says it had been delivered on Friday Sep. 9th 11am. Hence there is yet no update in my profile. It still says everything is in progress and final decision is not made yet.

How long should I wait for this and how can I make sure my passport was not lost because it was a friday?!

Thanks.

// this is how it still looks like:
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

bkmtan

Jul 27, 2016
hi there,

i just received my PPR "ready for visa", i'm from a visa-exempt country, and will send the photocopies of passport and photos. I am also currently on a Temporary Foreign worker permit.

During this time, can I travel to the US, while waiting for the CoPR to arrive? i'm assuming here using my work permit as my valid visa to enter Canada, since afterall i'm still holding on to my passport.

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Hey guys, why would inland applicants need to mail in passport? We are already in Canada, why do we need a visa if we're getting PR?

myway

Jun 21, 2016
Hello all,

I had an urgent question and would really appreciate it if someone could answer me.
I'm currently in Canada with a valid STUDENT VISA for a year. Hopefully, I'll get PPR soon. The problem is I 'm leaving Canada for a month at the end of October, and I'm not sure what to do if I have to send my passport to receive COPR!
Anyone can explain to me what happens after receiving PPR email and how long it took to receive COPR? Because we are already in Canada and have the valid student visa, should we still send the passport along with photos?

thank you in advance for sharing your experience.

Last edited: