+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL INLAND APPLICANTS WHO RECEIVED PPR CONNECT HERE

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Categorie CEC inland LMIA
1.We received your application for permanent residence on August 10, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 10, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on August 12, 2015.
Schedule A requested October 29th
Submitted NOV 1st
Ghost email Nov 6th
DM nov 7th

YEAHHHHH just got my PPR so happy exiting and relieve.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone

I got PPR request today.
I am CEC inland.
I have a question, it says in email if I have visa to enter Canada, I do not need to send passport. I just need to send photocopy.
As I have multiple entry Visa, is it advisable to still send passport or just photo copy would do
Thanks for reading my post. Response would be much appreciated

Thank you!

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
john1818 said:
Hello everyone

I got PPR request today.
I am CEC inland.
I have a question, it says in email if I have visa to enter Canada, I do not need to send passport. I just need to send photocopy.
As I have multiple entry Visa, is it advisable to still send passport or just photo copy would do
Thanks for reading my post. Response would be much appreciated

Thank you!
Read carefully. It says if you are from a VISA EXEMPT country, then only you need to send photocopies.
But if you are from a country that REQUIRESVISA, then you need to send original passports.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uxd said:
Read carefully. It says if you are from a VISA EXEMPT country, then only you need to send photocopies.
But if you are from a country that REQUIRESVISA, then you need to send original passports.
I have read carefully. Its not mentioned any where in the email you would not need Visa to enter Canada if you are from a Visa exempt country.
My question was if I already have multiple entry Visa, do I still need to send Passport for stamping. As I understand you need Visa stamp to do landing. But I already have Visa which is multiple entry, which is still valid, then why would I need another Visa for my passport. All I need is COPR letter to do landing. I hope it clarifies. Thank you!

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:

You will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your passport(s). Your passport(s) must be valid for at least 6 months.
Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CALINA said:
If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:

You will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your passport(s). Your passport(s) must be valid for at least 6 months.
Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
+1

Thank you for posting reply.
So as long as you have Visa, you don;t need to send passport. Its only for those who are outside Canada or those who do not have stamp.
Correct me if I am wrong

Thank you!

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
For me Im in Canada and my country is exempt visa I will only send one photocopy and 2 pictures.
I sent you a link in MP I hope that's will help you>

BCworker

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
im in canada and my passport is indian. should i send passport or copy of passport??

rolly27

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
hi guys i receive ppr yesterday im here in canada i have a spouse that included in my application however she is in dubai. she did not receive any mail yet. i call cic call center asking if where are we going to send my spouse passport she told me to wait for her to get contacted by the visa officer.i told the call center agent that she is under my application.that if i can send her passport together with my passport photo copy in ottwa.she told me not to. and to wait till she get contacted strange...did anyone have spouse outside the country can someone help me please thank youu....

PN2511

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
File Transfer...
3-12-2015
Passport Req..
18/4/2016
rolly27 said:
hi guys i receive ppr yesterday im here in canada i have a spouse that included in my application however she is in dubai. she did not receive any mail yet. i call cic call center asking if where are we going to send my spouse passport she told me to wait for her to get contacted by the visa officer.i told the call center agent that she is under my application.that if i can send her passport together with my passport photo copy in ottwa.she told me not to. and to wait till she get contacted strange...did anyone have spouse outside the country can someone help me please thank youu....
what was your catergory and timeline, if you don't mind me asking ?

rolly27

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
PN2511 said:
what was your catergory and timeline, if you don't mind me asking ?
sorry about that.. im under CEC
aor oct 6
submitted oct 18
proccess start oct 24
medical passed oct 28
request sched A nov 09
submitted NOv 11
ppr dec 2

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
uxd said:
Congrats! I also got mine. Big relief.
Hi all,

Do you know how long took for CIC pick up your passport?

I sent my to the PO BOX as requested...
2015/12/16 14:18 OTTAWA, ON Item available for pick-up

Thanks in advance.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
oomuchi said:
Hi all,

Do you know how long took for CIC pick up your passport?

I sent my to the PO BOX as requested...
2015/12/16 14:18 OTTAWA, ON Item available for pick-up

Thanks in advance.
Don't remember exact date but it took 4-5 days to pick it up and then they took about 10 days to return it back.

phantomghost

Feb 29, 2016
Hi everyone

I have a question here. I am in Canada and that means I only need mail the photocopy of passport right? I do not need to send them my passport, right?