+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL INLAND APPLICANTS WHO RECEIVED PPR CONNECT HERE

LOVEUKYLE25

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Hi guys! I just want to make sure so I'm asking this question.. I received PPR last August 17 and I have not received my COPR yet, but my application in CIC is already closed and approved.. My current open work permit will expire on Oct 6.. I'm planning to go home this end of Sept to get my family and do the landing together at the airport in Canada this end of October... Now my question is can I enter Canada again without valid papers as my work permit is already expired that time just my passport with visa and COPR?

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erika Lo said:
thanks..i checked and it shows I need an eTA to visit transit canada by air does it mean it's visa exempt country?
Reading what it says, I am confident that you do not need a visa. Its either eTA or visa. Very few nations do not require both an eTa and visa.

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys would like to share the news. Yesterday I received my passport and CoPR.

I drove overnight to Rainbow bridge and did my landing. It took less than 20 minutes from entering through the U.S border to completing landing. Very fast. This is what happened at the Canadian border.

Gave me a yellow tag and asked me to park my car and take the yellow tag inside.

Officer took my passport and asked me to take a seat.

Called my name, and asked me for proof of address.

Then asked me for proof of funds (shocked. Didn't submit the total amount in my EE app :eek:)

Asked me to sign the papers.

We had a bit of chit chat and a laugh.

I was in my car driving back to Canada as a permanent resident. Quite emotional (obiviously happly). Nearly 8 years in this country and now finally one big hassle out of the way.

I want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone in this forum. Helped me a lot. :)

cherryyyyy

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats guys!

Normally it takes how many days between Passport Received and MyCIC update?

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherryyyyy said:
Congrats guys!

Hey cherryyyy, mine took just under 2 weeks. I would say its less than that, because I had to send my photos after the passport was sent.

gakki_prpr

Sep 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherryyyyy said:
Congrats guys!

5 business days.

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOVEUKYLE25 said:
Hi guys! I just want to make sure so I'm asking this question.. I received PPR last August 17 and I have not received my COPR yet, but my application in CIC is already closed and approved.. My current open work permit will expire on Oct 6.. I'm planning to go home this end of Sept to get my family and do the landing together at the airport in Canada this end of October... Now my question is can I enter Canada again without valid papers as my work permit is already expired that time just my passport with visa and COPR?
Yes you can enter with CoPR, visa, passport.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
My return tracker is already activated - they only received it Monday 14 September. Woo.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
I just got my PPR and have a couple of questions. First, I'm from a visa exempt so I don't have to send my passport, but a photocopy. The letter says to send a copy of the photo page only (the only was in bold) and amendment pages if any. If I'm reading that correctly, it's just the first page with my picture, correct? Anyone know what amendment pages are? Are these pages with stamps or permits? Do I have to send copies of these as well? Normally, I'd just send in a copy of everything, but the letter emphasised the only for the photo page.

Second, I was send the PPR request directly to my email. Am I going to get a version of this letter in my MyCIC account? Is this something I need to wait for or can I just print out the email as the copy of the letter to send in?

Thank you for any answers! I know I'm being overly cautious, but I don't want to make any mistakes!
I'm sure you've sent in the passport copy and photos already, but the amendment pages are the pages in the back of the passport that might give important information. For instance, my passport was once stolen on a train between Germany and Poland (along with my money and return flight ticket, but I digress...) and then in my next passport, a note that it was a replacement for a stolen one was written on the amendment page at the back of my passport.

sammy2607

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2015
Med's Done....
11th July,2015
They received my PP yesterday. I hope to receive my papers by next week :)

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
COPR WoooooOOOoooOOOoo.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
dobes said:
I'm sure you've sent in the passport copy and photos already, but the amendment pages are the pages in the back of the passport that might give important information. For instance, my passport was once stolen on a train between Germany and Poland (along with my money and return flight ticket, but I digress...) and then in my next passport, a note that it was a replacement for a stolen one was written on the amendment page at the back of my passport.
Thanks for the info. Yup, already sent it in. I check online about it and you are right. It's also for any kind of name change or medical stuff. Since I don't have any of that, I just needed to send in the photo page. I figure worse case they send it back and I sned in more of my passport.