22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
CoPR received today ;)

Landing on September 24 at Victoria International Airport, BC (when flyin' back to Canada from France).
We both are from a visa-exempt country :) So it'll just be me, my spouse, both our CoPRs, passports, and the routine paperwork ;D

samcan2015

Feb 16, 2015
Can anyone share his/her experience about landing at US border for people with visa required country.
I received my passport today and has a visa on it because I am from country with visa required.
I am in Canada (Calgary) with implied status, my work permit expired March 23 2015.
Can I go to the border now without Visa to US?
Is somebody from this forum in same situation?

Thank you

ViswaManickam

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samcan2015 said:
Can anyone share his/her experience about landing at US border for people with visa required country.
I received my passport today and has a visa on it because I am from country with visa required.
I am in Canada (Calgary) with implied status, my work permit expired March 23 2015.
Can I go to the border now without Visa to US?
Is somebody from this forum in same situation?

Thank you
Yesterday I did my landing in Carway border. I am from Visa required country. I directly went to US border and said I have come for flagpoling. They got my passport and told me to park the car and come inside the office. Within 5 mins, they issued a letter stating the refusal(The officer did mention that its administrative refusal). Then I came back to Canadian border office and done the landing formalities. Everything took 20 mins.

samcan2015

Feb 16, 2015
Thank for your reply.
Is the refusal will affect your future travelling to US? what US officer said?
or did you have already Visa to US?
I am planning to go with my brother, is it Ok to have accompanied person with you even that person doesnt have a visa to US but has PR Canada?
What type of documents they asked in both sides US and Canada.
I am implied status
Thanks

ViswaManickam

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. I am not sure about whether it will affect future travel to US.

2. The US officer said we are not refusing you but asked you to return.

3. No I do not have visa for US.

4. I am not sure about the accompanied person.

5. US nothing but passport. Canada side, he asked COPR, passport, work permit, work permit extension(as I am in implied status)

samcan2015

Feb 16, 2015
Thank you so much ViswaManickam, I really appreciate your help.
When you say work permit extension(as I am in implied status) what does mean? did you have an extension for your work permit?
My work permit expired on March 23 2015 and I applied for BOPW before march 2015, but I never received anything since then.
Do you continue working while you are on implied status.
Did Canada officer at border asked you about if you continued to work after your work permit expired?
As me, I am still working for the same employer since my work permit expired.
is it ok?
What I should say to the officer if he asked me about working while I am waiting for cic answer
Thanks again

ViswaManickam

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samcan2015 said:
Thank you so much ViswaManickam, I really appreciate your help.
When you say work permit extension(as I am in implied status) what does mean? did you have an extension for your work permit?
My work permit expired on March 23 2015 and I applied for BOPW before march 2015, but I never received anything since then.
Do you continue working while you are on implied status.
Did Canada officer at border asked you about if you continued to work after your work permit expired?
As me, I am still working for the same employer since my work permit expired.
is it ok?
What I should say to the officer if he asked me about working while I am waiting for cic answer
Thanks again
I applied for work permit extension BOWP. I had the letter of confirmation of application made in mycic. I showed him and he is ok with that.

He didn't asked whether you continue working with the employer. Also, you are legally allowed to work when you are in implied status.

pravatmail

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Guys,

Do I need to submit Canada pcc in my PR application?
I found below link where it is not mandatory and we should provide on demand.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Please suggest, what to do?

Thanks

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Thank you samcan2015 and ViswaManickam.
You answered all my questions regarding the landing in the boarder. I am waiting the PPR and has no US visa either, my PGWP is expiring in the end of October.
One more question, after the landing, if my PGWP expired and did not get a new one, can I return to my home country for a holiday and come back to Canada without a valid work permit?

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
I_love_van said:
Thank you samcan2015 and ViswaManickam.
You answered all my questions regarding the landing in the boarder. I am waiting the PPR and has no US visa either, my PGWP is expiring in the end of October.
One more question, after the landing, if my PGWP expired and did not get a new one, can I return to my home country for a holiday and come back to Canada without a valid work permit?
after landing, you become a PR. so no need of work permit after that. But you will need PR card from March 2016.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-first-pr-card.asp

samcan2015

Feb 16, 2015
Hi ViswaManickam.
did you received any answer for your BOWP?
I just called Cic they told me my BOWP is rejected.
I hope I won't have any problem when I go to border
I am planning to go the border on Wed, maybe less trafic...
Thank you so much for all your help

ViswaManickam

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samcan2015 said:
Hi ViswaManickam.
did you received any answer for your BOWP?
I just called Cic they told me my BOWP is rejected.
I hope I won't have any problem when I go to border
I am planning to go the border on Wed, maybe less trafic...
Thank you so much for all your help
No I didn't get any update on my BOWP.