Med's Done....
18-05-2015
Passport Req..
14-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
After receiving a Ghost Email in the morning, my return tracker is now activated!! See you in two days my dear passport :)

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaydenB said:
crossing fingers then ! :-X
I'm in Victoria, BC but the rent + cost of living are similar (most likely more expensive in Vancouver).

Where are U from in Canada ?
Hey Kayden,

Im in Colorado, US right now. Just got my pp back from cic last week. Still wondering where to make the move to. the idea of not having a job in canada is freaking me out :) I've been applying for a lot of jobs but not a single positive reply but as most of my friends are saying u need to be in canada. Im thinking to make the move in Jan 2016 since the holidays are coming up and might be hard to get a job. I may be wrong tho; but on the other hand there will be a lot of seasonal part time jobs available too :)

shannon234

Star Member
May 6, 2015
wyueshen said:
After receiving a Ghost Email in the morning, my return tracker is now activated!! See you in two days my dear passport :)
Congrats! Mine is the same as your situation. Ghost Email in the morning, and my passport was posted at 17:26pm EST from Ottawa!

wyueshen

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-05-2015
Passport Req..
14-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
shannon234 said:
Congrats! Mine is the same as your situation. Ghost Email in the morning, and my passport was posted at 17:26pm EST from Ottawa!
You are 44 min ahead of me. Mine is processed at 18:10 ;)

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
PR application updated to "Approved" :)
(kinda surprised, they took only 24 hours after receiving the documents to close and approve my application)

So happy right now ! ;) Let's get this return tracker activated so I can feel the miracle paper in my hands :p

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
carl321 said:
Im in Colorado, US right now. Just got my pp back from cic last week. Still wondering where to make the move to. the idea of not having a job in canada is freaking me out :) I've been applying for a lot of jobs but not a single positive reply but as most of my friends are saying u need to be in canada. Im thinking to make the move in Jan 2016 since the holidays are coming up and might be hard to get a job. I may be wrong tho; but on the other hand there will be a lot of seasonal part time jobs available too :)
True, you need to be in Canada to look for a job. Employers need to feel you are already living here, and available to start immediately if needed.
(most of them will still think you'll need to be sponsored, because you're abroad, which 99% of the time scares them off).

The best time for recruitment is between September and November (forget December).
But you may be recruited any time of the year, there's no actual pattern. As long as they want YOU ;)

Have you already visited Vancouver and Victoria, BC ?

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Hi

Has any one heard of any rejections even after PPR.
I have not heard anything from CIC. My passports were delivered on 19 Aug. I see people getting updates and even return tracker getting activated.

I am having sleepless nights.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kainthsimranjit said:
Hi

Has any one heard of any rejections even after PPR.
I have not heard anything from CIC. My passports were delivered on 19 Aug. I see people getting updates and even return tracker getting activated.

I am having sleepless nights.
I doubted unless there is a problem with passport like not valid for 6 months or doesn't have 2 blank pages as per their instruction... where did you send yours from? looking at your date, it was a Friday so you fell between two weekends that's probably why you feel it is long time, but in reality it is just 8 business days, so relax it will come very soon!

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
AAlhadka said:
I doubted unless there is a problem with passport like not valid for 6 months or doesn't have 2 blank pages as per their instruction... where did you send yours from? looking at your date, it was a Friday so you fell between two weekends that's probably why you feel it is long time, but in reality it is just 8 business days, so relax it will come very soon!
My passport is valid un till 2022 and have many blank pages. I have to travel to Seattle for a conference on Sep 4. My company paid $1200 (+ I don't know how much the tickets are worth) for it. My manager would kill me if I am not able to make it. I am looking at a major embarrassment of sorts.

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
kainthsimranjit said:
My passport is valid un till 2022 and have many blank pages. I have to travel to Seattle for a conference on Sep 4. My company paid $1200 (+ I don't know how much the tickets are worth) for it. My manager would kill me if I am not able to make it. I am looking at a major embarrassment of sorts.
I'd advise to just cancel your trip, I'd rather risk a justified embarrassment than losing my PR (a lifetime project for most people) because of a work assignment, and be denied re-entry when flying back to Canada because you have no valid original work permit or no valid original CoPR in your possession.

We're August 26, if your MyCIC didn't update to "Approved", I doubt you will get your passport back by your deadline (September 4 is next week).

Your company will NOT fire you because the Canadian government is holding your passport temporarily ;)
BUT, the longer you wait letting your boss know, the worst it's gonna get (because you could have let them know way in advance there was a risk of delay).

Just my opinion :)

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaydenB said:
True, you need to be in Canada to look for a job. Employers need to feel you are already living here, and available to start immediately if needed.
(most of them will still think you'll need to be sponsored, because you're abroad, which 99% of the time scares them off).

The best time for recruitment is between September and November (forget December).
But you may be recruited any time of the year, there's no actual pattern. As long as they want YOU ;)

Have you already visited Vancouver and Victoria, BC ?
Firstly Congrats :) I know the feeling; i waited for 4.5 months and cried a lil bit when i actually got the pp in my hand.

Yes for a brief time (4days) and i fell in love with that place. I do have an uncle in Toronto and a few friends ; so my head says I should go there but my heart says Van. Still not decided. I think i might make the move in Oct. Anything you can say to help me decide would greatly be appreciated :)

congrats again !

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
carl321 said:
Firstly Congrats :) I know the feeling; i waited for 4.5 months and cried a lil bit when i actually got the pp in my hand.

Yes for a brief time (4days) and i fell in love with that place. I do have an uncle in Toronto and a few friends ; so my head says I should go there but my heart says Van. Still not decided. I think i might make the move in Oct. Anything you can say to help me decide would greatly be appreciated :)

congrats again !
Thanks ! Likewise ;) Will definitely drop a tear when I'll receive my CoPR (can't wait for the tracker to activate) :p
All I can say would be go with your heart. If you feel Vancouver is worth a shot, then try ;) You're a soon-to-be permanent resident of Canada, nothing to lose ! :D

Obviously I will preach for the West Coast (since I'm more experienced with it).
You have to take into account many factors, such as the weather (vital to think about it twice), the labor market, the lifestyle, the cost of living, etc.

Regarding the weather (which is NOT to be underestimated, because of its impact on your lifestyle and mood), you will NOT find better and "warmer" in Canada, since the Southern West Coast (even though rainy) is the least cold part of Canada (rarely snows, rarely goes below 0°C celsius). I would not be capable of enduring extremely cold winters like East Canadians do, half of each year :-X They are BRAVE ! :)

Regarding the labor market, I guess it all depends on what YOU want and look for. Depends on your diplomas, work experience, etc.

Regarding the lifestyle, the Southern West Coast has a unique vibe (experienced both East and West Coasts) because of its extreme proximity with nature, forests, greenery, etc. Plus, it's a perfect mix of nature and urban (still my opinion here, haha).

Regarding the cost of living, I'd advise you take a look at the website below, to make your own comparisons (super helpful, accurate, and you can even compare between cities) ;) (http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Canada&city=Vancouver)

Lula

Aug 10, 2015
kainthsimranjit said:

I know what you feel! I am from visa exempt country and I sent my passport photocopy on Aug 17. Got approved in My cic on Aug 21. However my Canada Post Tracking # has not been activated yet.... I need PR by this month. So frustrated.....

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaydenB said:
Thanks ! Likewise ;) Will definitely drop a tear when I'll receive my CoPR (can't wait for the tracker to activate) :p
All I can say would be go with your heart. If you feel Vancouver is worth a shot, then try ;) You're a soon-to-be permanent resident of Canada, nothing to lose ! :D

Obviously I will preach for the West Coast (since I'm experienced with it).
You have to take into account many factors, such as the weather (vital to think about it twice), the labor market, the lifestyle, the cost of living, etc.

Regarding the weather (which is NOT to be underestimated, because of its impact on your lifestyle and mood), you will NOT find better and "warmer" in Canada, since the Southern West Coast (even though rainy) is the least cold part of Canada (rarely snows, rarely goes below 0°C celsius). I would not be capable of enduring extremely cold winters like East Canadians do, half of each year :-X They are BRAVE ! :)

Regarding the labor market, I guess it all depends on what YOU want and look for. Depends on your diplomas, work experience, etc.

Regarding the lifestyle, the Southern West Coast has a unique vibe (experienced both East and West Coasts) because of its extreme proximity with nature, forests, greenery, etc. Plus, it's a perfect mix of nature and urban (still my opinion here, haha).

Regarding the cost of living, I'd advise you take a look at the website below, to make your own comparisons (super helpful, accurate, and you can even compare between cities) ;) (http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Canada&city=Vancouver)
Thank you so much mate :)

This helped me a lot. I finally want to settle down in one place and you are right abt following the heart :)
Ill do a little bit more research and yes I prefer Van mainly due to the weather. Right now I live, up in the mountains and sick of the snow with -20C temps in Colorado. Im originally from a tropical island and in Van il at least have great seafood and the ocean.

Thanks again !