Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
EEdreams15 said:
Hi guys,

I have a silly technical question. I got my PPR email yesterday in my gmail and the letter says to provide a copy of the email when I submit my passport.

My question is - how do I print out the email without the google logo? Will they accept it if I copy and pasted it to a word document?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
CIC does not send PPR's to personal emails. Check your myCIC. Is there a scam running?

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
kainthsimranjit said:
CIC does not send PPR's to personal emails. Check your myCIC. Is there a scam running?
Print the .PDF from MyCIC, not the email telling you have a letter in MyCIC.

It's not a scam, just not the most clear.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEdreams15 said:
Hi guys,

I have a silly technical question. I got my PPR email yesterday in my gmail and the letter says to provide a copy of the email when I submit my passport.

My question is - how do I print out the email without the google logo? Will they accept it if I copy and pasted it to a word document?

what they mean is the letter that was attached with the message on your mycic ac.. (pdf file)
you need to attached that when you are send your passport with pictures. sometimes they will also attach a bio page at the end of the letter if they don't ; you shouldn't worry just send a copy of that pdf along with the pp and pictures

EEdreams15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
Print the .PDF from MyCIC, not the email telling you have a letter in MyCIC.

It's not a scam, just not the most clear.
MyCIC has not yet been updated. I got the email in the evening yesterday asking to send my passport and i checked my ECAS today and it shows decision made. I don't think it's a scam. They have all my information plus ECAS shows decision made.

I was able to copy and print just the body of the email by highlighting it and printing but now I am wondering if I should wait for MyCIC to be updated with the PDF before sending my passport.

Thanks guys!

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
EEdreams15 said:
MyCIC has not yet been updated. I got the email in the evening yesterday asking to send my passport and i checked my ECAS today and it shows decision made. I don't think it's a scam. They have all my information plus ECAS shows decision made.

I was able to copy and print just the body of the email by highlighting it and printing but now I am wondering if I should wait for MyCIC to be updated with the PDF before sending my passport.

Thanks guys!
Why don't you call CIC and check with them.

CatherineXT

Feb 11, 2015
k3ndy said:
Depends on a case by case basis. I got mine back within 10 days (from Toronto here). So hopefully if all goes well, it will be the same amount of time approximately
Thank you K3ndy!!

wyueshen

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-05-2015
Passport Req..
14-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hey guys, how long does it take for you guys to have your return tracker activated when your MyCIC status changed to Approved. My status has changed to Approved since Monday morning and return tracker has yet to be activated. For those whose return tracker are activated, when does it get activated? Does CIC send out passports everyday? I see several people have their activated on Thursday.

silmarilli103

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2014
IELTS Request
14-04-2015
Hi all,

Quick updates on my application:

August 17th - PPR and submitted same day
August 18th - Received at CPC Ottawa
August 21st - Return tracker activated and mycic status updated to 'approved'
August 24th - Passport received will COPR documents for my spouse and myself :)

I'd sya the process was pretty quick - however, I added a cover letter in my mail when I sent my passport stating I was due to travel in a few days and would appreciate a quick approval! The cover leter may or may not have prompted the VO to send it back sooner than later.

I will be completing landing formalities end of September with my spouse when we head back to Canada. Quite a close call for me with our PPR and our travel dates, in my opinion, but I am glad it all worked out in the end. THANK YOU to each and every member on this forum.. you guys have helped keep myself and each other sane during this nerve wrecking Express Entry process!!! Good luck everyone and hang tight for anyone still waiting to hear back from CIC.. there will be light at the end of this tunnel :)

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silmarilli103 said:
Hi all,

Quick updates on my application:

August 17th - PPR and submitted same day
August 21st - Received at CPC Ottawa
August 28th - Return tracker activated and mycic status updated to 'approved'
August 24th - Passport received will COPR documents for my spouse and myself :)

I'd sya the process was pretty quick - however, I added a cover letter in my mail when I sent my passport stating I was due to travel in a few days and would appreciate a quick approval! The cover leter may or may not have prompted the VO to send it back sooner than later.

I will be completing landing formalities end of September with my spouse when we head back to Canada. Quite a close call for me with our PPR and our travel dates, in my opinion, but I am glad it all worked out in the end. THANK YOU to each and every member on this forum.. you guys have helped keep myself and each other sane during this nerve wrecking Express Entry process!!! Good luck everyone and hang tight for anyone still waiting to hear back from CIC.. there will be light at the end of this tunnel :)
I am guessing you got approved on the 23rd?

But either way, congrats on getting your passport back. I did the same thing as you, I am due to travel on beginning of September, I hope the letter helps.

PP sent on the 20th. Received on the 21st. Still waiting for an approval and it being sent back.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
k3ndy said:
Depends on a case by case basis. I got mine back within 10 days (from Toronto here). So hopefully if all goes well, it will be the same amount of time approximately
Thanks, we are in Ottawa so hopefully it should be quick! we have posted them today afternoon :)

silmarilli103

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2014
IELTS Request
14-04-2015
ashrafgk said:
I am guessing you got approved on the 23rd?

But either way, congrats on getting your passport back. I did the same thing as you, I am due to travel on beginning of September, I hope the letter helps.

PP sent on the 20th. Received on the 21st. Still waiting for an approval and it being sent back.
Sorry, I goofed up the dates.. Passport was received on the 18th and approved on the 21st!

Good on you for sending the cover letter as well, hopefully you will have it back in time :) Good luck!

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
KaydenB said:
Canada Post tracking stuck on "Out for Delivery" since yesterday. Grrrr :mad:

Do you know when it's stuck on this status, if the package does actually get delivered to CPC-Ottawa the same day ? (in the event it never updates to "Delivered") ::)
Anyone ? :)

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaydenB said:
ya probably a system glitch

ul see an update tomorrow if not call canada post

btw are u in
vancouver? hows the rent +living there?

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
carl321 said:
ya probably a system glitch

ul see an update tomorrow if not call canada post

btw are u in
vancouver? hows the rent +living there?
I'm in Victoria, BC but the rent + cost of living are similar (most likely more expensive in Vancouver).
Where are U from in Canada ? :)

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEdreams15 said:
Hi guys,

First, this is not a scam, I got mine too via email and not through the MyCIC, what you can do - try to print to PDF first and see if it will get you the mail in the proper format, or highlight the text and use in the print menu "selection"... I hope this can work, otherwise, I believe copying it to a word should be fine as I guess it is needed for reference (your UCI, EE#...etc.)