+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Bangladeshi Students Applying for Fall,13... Join Here...!!!

Cyrus.techie

Jan 17, 2014
Hi,

this is for my nephew who has completed his BBA with 3.2 GPA and will soon sit for IELTS and I think he will get 6.5 with a band score (6.0) though he think he gets more ;). He wants to apply for MBA. Please advise me some uiniversity where he doesnt need GMAT as he has not planned for that yet. I know that MNU has one of the lowest tution fees in the country. I would highly appreciate if you advise me some similar universities/college with low tution fees. He doesnt want to apply for a non-reputated college which gives a risk of visa refusal.

Many Many Thanks in advance. God Bless you !

Best Regards

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ray_lev said:
Thanks for the reply scorpion_ca bro. My father didn't close the account with Krishi Bank. That account still has a very small amount (around BDT 3 lacs). I have a bank statement of that account for the last 2 years. But it's written in hand ??? Now what do you think my best course of action would be? Apply with both the statements and give a written explanation ?
That would be best. If you can manage the explanation for closing the account from Krishi Bank; that would be even better.

ray_lev

Oct 9, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
That would be best. If you can manage the explanation for closing the account from Krishi Bank; that would be even better.
Got Visa 2 months ago and now I'm in Canada.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ray_lev said:
Got Visa 2 months ago and now I'm in Canada.
Oh! I guess I was late in response. BTW, congrats!

How are you liking so far other than the bone-chilling winter?

Ashraf Raju

Jan 31, 2014
Hi everyone,
My SSC-4.13(2007)
HSC-4.60(2009)
BBA-3.95 out of 4 upto 10th semester.
IELTS-6.5
which university will be suitable for me for MBA?am i entitled t0 get funding facilities?

Sahadat Sayem

Sep 14, 2013
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-09-13
@Rasel Bro... I got offer letter from George Brown College on 6th Feb. Can u pls give me idea of chances getting Study Permit with the LOA from GBC? Should I go for GBC or other institutions?

asma316

Jun 18, 2012
Hi,

I am planning to apply at University of Newfoundland for January 2015 session.
I will apply for MS in Computer Science (Course route). SGS informed me that students with GRE will get first priority.
I don't have GRE, and for exam preparation I'll miss the deadline.

Is there anyone who is applying or already applied at Newfoundland?

Do you have suggestion regarding this? Did you submit GRE score when applied there?
I have more than 7 years working experience in software industry, is this going to add any value in admission process?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks.

rasel said:
Today I got email from Andrew Kimv (Director, Graduate Enrollment Services) congratulating me about accepting my admission in Memorial University of Newfoundland. ;D

Now feeling very happy & looking forward to be a student of Memorial Uni.

Thank u guys. If any help needed please post here. I will try my best to assist you.

Md Raihan

Feb 24, 2014
I have applied Memorial University of Newfoundland for MSc in Neuroscience for Fall, 2014.
My educational background

Masters in Public Health- 3.98/4
MBBS- 74.51%
IELTS-6.5 (L-7.0, R-6.0, W-5.5, S-6.5)

Can anyone please let me what is my possibilities to get admission?

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Hlw, I am new to this group. I am on the way of getting an admission offer for MS program (with thesis) in UoS with full funding from Professor. Program will be started on January, 2015. However, I got some queries as I saw many posts regarding visa rejection. And, the answers are important for me to decide somethings, as I have another option in Sweden.

My profile
MS- Will be completed in December, 2014 (Now in 2nd semester)
Undergraduate: 3.6/4.00
HSC: 5.00
SSC: 5.00
IELTS: 6.5
No employment history

Queries:
1. For financial statement:
My father is a Govt. primary school teacher. And, we have the following financial status:
Properties (Land+house): Around 1 cr
Bank Balance (Fixed deposit): 3 lakhs.
Liquid money: Yet not (But, we would able to keep around 10 lakhs)

Now, I would like to know, as my tuition fees+living expense will be given by professor, so if this is sufficient for satisfying financial status? And, what should I have to do in case of Tax clearance certificate?

2. Without 6 months research assistant-ship , I have no job experience. Whether this will affect in getting VISA or not?

3. In case of travel history; I only visited India for training purpose. If this is sufficient?

4. I am studying MS in Bangladesh. And, also intend to study MS program in Canada again (I could able to put strong points against this in SoP). However, if this will create any problem?

Other things are almost OK. Though its hard to gauge, but how many chances I have to get study permit.

Waiting for the response.

Thanks in advance.

Jinkin

May 20, 2014
dipta said:
Co-op helps you further as this helps you gather Canadian work experience which is crucial for getting job in Canada. You can even get a placement in the company you get your coop placements depending on your work and academic success.

Sorry for quoting such an old topic. However I was wondering if you could enlighten me little bit more on Co-op issue, please. I am planning on applying for Electrical Engineering Masters but not sure about MSc or MEng. I would prefer the one that leads to better job prospects eventually and I do know the basic differences, but was wondering if there are any preferences in the job market for the one or the other.

I will be applying to around 3 Universities, York, University of Alberta and University of British Columbia. Totally confused about what the better choice would be.

My profile:

O levels: 7 A
A levels: 3 A
BSc Electrical Engineering: 3.4

No prior job experience in field.

Thanks in advance. :D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Jinkin said:
Sorry for quoting such an old topic. However I was wondering if you could enlighten me little bit more on Co-op issue, please. I am planning on applying for Electrical Engineering Masters but not sure about MSc or MEng. I would prefer the one that leads to better job prospects eventually and I do know the basic differences, but was wondering if there are any preferences in the job market for the one or the other.

I will be applying to around 3 Universities, York, University of Alberta and University of British Columbia. Totally confused about what the better choice would be.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/introducing-you-to-coop-program-t132538.0.html

Gunpowder

Star Member
May 4, 2012
nilnitesh said:
Hlw, I am new to this group. I am on the way of getting an admission offer for MS program (with thesis) in UoS with full funding from Professor. Program will be started on January, 2015. However, I got some queries as I saw many posts regarding visa rejection. And, the answers are important for me to decide somethings, as I have another option in Sweden.

My profile
MS- Will be completed in December, 2014 (Now in 2nd semester)
Undergraduate: 3.6/4.00
HSC: 5.00
SSC: 5.00
IELTS: 6.5
No employment history

Queries:
1. For financial statement:
My father is a Govt. primary school teacher. And, we have the following financial status:
Properties (Land+house): Around 1 cr
Bank Balance (Fixed deposit): 3 lakhs.
Liquid money: Yet not (But, we would able to keep around 10 lakhs)

Now, I would like to know, as my tuition fees+living expense will be given by professor, so if this is sufficient for satisfying financial status? And, what should I have to do in case of Tax clearance certificate?

2. Without 6 months research assistant-ship , I have no job experience. Whether this will affect in getting VISA or not?

3. In case of travel history; I only visited India for training purpose. If this is sufficient?

4. I am studying MS in Bangladesh. And, also intend to study MS program in Canada again (I could able to put strong points against this in SoP). However, if this will create any problem?

Other things are almost OK. Though its hard to gauge, but how many chances I have to get study permit.

Waiting for the response.

Thanks in advance.
congrats.

Dont worry much. Just launch the visa application and you will find to ride the plane.

I was almost the same situation like you. I would prefer dont say anything about your ongoing masters in your SOP. You should be good.

One thing, i can assure you, since you are funded 99% chance is that you will get the visa.

finger crossed. Hope for the best.

regards

RAHAT95

Dec 25, 2014
rasel said:
Today I got email from Andrew Kimv (Director, Graduate Enrollment Services) congratulating me about accepting my admission in Memorial University of Newfoundland. ;D

Now feeling very happy & looking forward to be a student of Memorial Uni.

Thank u guys. If any help needed please post here. I will try my best to assist you.
Hello, i am from bangladesh, i will be completing my A levels in jan 2015, so i am looking to apply at memorial uni , i went to their website to learn the application process , but i got confused . I will apply manually (dont have access to credit cards) SO besides the following documents can you tell me what else i need
1.A level & O level certificates
2. IELTS results
3. APRAISAL LETTER/RECOMMENDATION LETTER
4. Proof of financial support, my uncle will be my sponsor ( BANK STATEMENT,DOCUMENTS FOR THE BANK ACCOUNT, WRITTEN STATEMENT PROOVING WHY HE WILL PROVIDE ME WITH THE MONEY)
5. DO i need to send photocopies of my passport as well?????
I WILL SEND THEM BY MAIL(COURIER)
TO THEIR ADRESS WHICH IS
Office of the Registrar
Memorial University of Newfoundland
P.O. Box 4200
230 Elizabeth Avenue
St.John's, Newfoundland & Labrador
Canada A1C 5S7

DO I NEED ANYTHING ELSE ??
OR DO SEE ANY PROBLEM IN THE ADRESS.
YOUR HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED>
RAHAT95.

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Dear friends
i wd like to know ..
someone can get a student visa after accepting to an university? under the circumstances when the person already have lodged an application of PNP for immigration and the immigration is in process..
Best regards

prith

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
App. Filed.......
18-04-2018
Doc's Request.
18-04-2018
Passport Req..
20-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
hi guys, can you give some name of good visa processing agencies in dhaka, who can help me process my student visa. I got admitted to a college and i have a 10 years study gap after my bachelor degree, so i am worried about getting the visa.