Interview........
may be waived
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
abrar.abyan...Your aunty should mail , not you.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Arafat71 said:
Hello Mates,

GREAT NEWS!!!
By the infinite grace of the almighty, I just got my passports back from VFS with visa.
I submitted to VFS on 9th May, visa issued on 21st May, passports released from Singapore on 4th May, and collected today (6th May).
I guess this ends a 3 year long wait, and now begins another part of my life.
I have always been a silent reader of this forum and i'd like to thank all the members for their enormous contribution.
I am planning to fly mid-August. Any suggestion anyone?
Problem is the availability of tickets and the price. If available, the price would be 30% high. If you don't have school going kids, you may consider on the 2nd week of September where u avail lowpriced tickets from IOM or outside. Again if u have non school going toddlers consider august beginning as it will be too cold that time and u are in trouble with ur kids acclimatisation. Actually many issue.........u judge the best.
Salam and best regards..........cheer an maley Bari..... ;D

Arafat71

Nov 26, 2012
hhshumon said:
Problem is the availability of tickets and the price. If available, the price would be 30% high. If you don't have school going kids, you may consider on the 2nd week of September where u avail lowpriced tickets from IOM or outside. Again if u have non school going toddlers consider august beginning as it will be too cold that time and u are in trouble with ur kids acclimatisation. Actually many issue.........u judge the best.
Salam and best regards..........cheer an maley Bari..... ;D
Thank you shumon bhai for the suggestion. I have a 4 yr old daughter who i intend to enroll in school as soon as i get there. what will be the best time for that?

Also I will get tickets through IOM which will definitely be much lower than regular price, so that's not a big issue i guess.

Beginning of August will be problematic because of Eid, everyone wishes to spend the last Eid with family, right?

What do you say?

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Arafat71 said:
Thank you shumon bhai for the suggestion. I have a 4 yr old daughter who i intend to enroll in school as soon as i get there. what will be the best time for that?
Also I will get tickets through IOM which will definitely be much lower than regular price, so that's not a big issue i guess.
Beginning of August will be problematic because of Eid, everyone wishes to spend the last Eid with family, right? What do you say?
September 1st the class begins for a new semester. Better go 22 nd to 26 th august if IOM can manage. Even for IOM the ticket price is 12,000 taka more than other timed ticket. Sep 2nd week IOM might be 71,000 and during ur plan it would be 82,000 + I think, check it out. Eid is on the 9th august. And the rest, time and situation will tell insallah. You can browse school rating in the net.

Cheers and ......... ;D

msd009

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with full document
Med's Request
Received on 14th February 2013 dated on 29th January 2013
Med's Done....
Done on 23 February 2013 RPRF and other document sent on 04 March 2013
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Received on 01st April Sent on 03rd April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April received on 05th May 2013
LANDED..........
Mid of August 2013 Insaallah
Arafat71 said:
Hello Mates,

GREAT NEWS!!!

By the infinite grace of the almighty, I just got my passports back from VFS with visa.

I submitted to VFS on 9th May, visa issued on 21st May, passports released from Singapore on 4th May, and collected today (6th May).

I guess this ends a 3 year long wait, and now begins another part of my life.

I have always been a silent reader of this forum and i'd like to thank all the members for their enormous contribution.

I am planning to fly mid-August. Any suggestion anyone?

Congratulations Arafat. ;D ;D ;D

I'm also planning to fly on mid of Aug 2013 and already deposited money today to IOM account for my ticket.
Best of luck. ;D ;D ;D

Rgds/bakhtiar

AZMO

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct'10
AOR Received.
Feb'11(PER); Mar'11(2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Mar'11
Med's Request
May'13
Med's Done....
June'13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August'13
VISA ISSUED...
August'13
LANDED..........
Hopefully this year
Dear friends.....Can I show Gold in personal net worth statement? & to which address I should send documents by courier. plz give your valuable opinions.

AzMo

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Arafat71 said:

Beginning of August will be problematic because of Eid, everyone wishes to spend the last Eid with family, right?

What do you say?
Hi,
I totally understand your condition as I am facing the same problem. Considering all the issues I decided to sacrifice the Eid in Bangladesh.I brought my daughter from Bangladesh when she was three. My experience was horrible. She was so upset coming here because she missed all her cousins and grand parents. In the park initially she couldn't make new friends because of language. But kids are smarter than us. They adopt very quickly.
I will come with my son middle of Ramadan :(. I took this decission because Kid needs some time to adjust with the weather also. When you come you will not have medical coverage for the first 3months. If my son gets sick and he needs to be hospitalized it will cost a lot. Besides this in summer he can play outside, makes friend. He will gradually exposed to Winter which is very important.
For your daughter it's also very important to start her school from the first day. My daughter started school last year here in Canada. I observed that first week is totally designed for the orientation purposes. In school every one will be new. So she can make new friends. But if she joins later it may be difficult for her.

I will suggest you to travel as early as possible after eid.. The early you will come the early you will be settled down.. :D

CanBound

May 15, 2013
hhshumon said:
September 1st the class begins for a new semester. Better go 22 nd to 26 th august if IOM can manage. Even for IOM the ticket price is 12,000 taka more than other timed ticket. Sep 2nd week IOM might be 71,000 and during ur plan it would be 82,000 + I think, check it out. Eid is on the 9th august. Remember a good school is very important other than an immigrant place school where 30% shadhinota shatru's country, 40% from kallu countries, try to avoid places like that. (Sorry to say, kids from there, are half the way to human, half monkey, arrogant, selfish and don't know manners, I can not write down directly the names). Although these are my personal experience. And the rest, time and situation will tell insallah. You can browse school rating in the net.

Cheers and ......... ;D
" what a horribly racist comment!! What if the white Canadians kick you out from this land, huh??? If you travel around Canada, you will find lots of white people are interacting with 'kallu' people in friendly manners, while I have hardly seen any 'BD' person can be friend with them.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
CanBound said:
" what a horribly racist comment!! What if the white Canadians kick you out from this land, huh??? If you travel around Canada, you will find lots of white people are interacting with 'kallu' people in friendly manners, while I have hardly seen any 'BD' person can be friend with them.
Sorry mate, I mentioned already its my experience. U may disagree, buy u can not comment like that right? I don't wish to continue any discussion on this with u mate, extremely sorry, ;D almost all of the forum mates are my friend, it's for them, could u please ignore my post? Cheers and maley bari.......

I am extremely sorry if I have hurt someone, and I withdraw my comments, my heartiest apologies.

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted with application
CanBound said:
Very unfortunate and extremely racist and disrespectful comment by hhshomon.

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Sky Blue said:
R u sure it works? You can only open a USD account returning from outside and with the balance money of your travel endorsed amount. You can not even deposit any amount to that account. ::) ::)
So .... any idea??
Dear Sky Blue,

You can open a RFCD Account in USD within a year after returning from any foreign trip and can deposit upto US$5000.00 without any declaration. For above US$5000.00, you need to declare it in the airport/landport while entering Bangladesh and fill-up a form and get it endorsed by customs official. This form will be needed while submitting the money in the RFCD account. The issue of balance money of your travel endorsed amount is not applicable as I myself have opened an RFCD account like this.

Regards,
Fuad

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Number of days needed for Passport submission to VFS & receiving the passport ?

Dear All,

VFS-e passport submit korar koto din er modhdhe passport ferot ashte pare with the PR visa issued on the passport ?

Please provide me an approximate number of days (minimum & maximum).

zafrulbd

Jun 21, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore now change to Manila(07-05-2015)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 -06-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-5-2015 Received 23 May 2015 Decision made-29.May 2015
Interview........
23-12-2013
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Delivery 26 August (Visa issue 27 july 2015 thanks to ALLAHA)
LANDED..........
22 October 2015
Jason Kenney used to say the immigration system was broken and he was going to fix it. Yet it’s more broken now than when he took over in 2008.

Just about everything he has touched — and he touches a lot as minister for immigration and citizenship — is in chaos. The entire system is mired in scandalous delays. Crucially, different elements of it are working at cross-purposes.

About 1.3 million Canadians don’t have jobs. Another million are underemployed or have given up looking for work. The unemployment rate for the young is twice the national average, though they are the most educated in our history.

Yet Kenney has kept bringing 250,000 and more immigrants every year. Many of them can’t find jobs, either. Their unemployment rate is twice the national rate. Of those who do have jobs, three in four are not working in their fields — not using the education and skills for which they were selected as immigrants.

Yet Kenney is also bringing hundreds of thousands of temporary foreign workers, of whom we have at least 500,000. Perversely, the program kept growing while the economy slowed down. Faced with public fury, he recently made a show of reforming it but, tellingly, did not kill it or even cap it.

This is Stephen Harper’s Republican economic theology at work — supply businesses with cheap and pliant labour, even as our corporations remain among the lowest spenders in the industrialized world on recruitment, retention, training and skills development.

Or the Harper policy is partisan — more immigrants might help the Conservative cause among “ethnic voters” who helped him win his majority.

The counter-argument is that we need immigrants. They are good for the economy, especially the food, housing, auto, insurance and other sectors in the short term. They would replace retiring baby boomers. They fill existing skills shortages.

The first rationale is vitiated by persistent high unemployment amid shrinking payrolls due to globalization and outsourcing. The second is shaky, given that many boomers are working well past retirement age. As for skills shortages, they have proven to be a bit of a fraud.

Where shortages do exist, they should be addressed by better immigrant-selection, not temporary foreign workers. Besides taking away jobs from Canadians and depressing wages, guest workers put Canada on the path of Germany or Saudi Arabia, creating a two-tier society with all its long-term ills.

Kenney is clever. He keeps his right-wing constituency at bay by prattling on about “reforming” and “improving” the system, “cracking down” on “abuse,” “fraud marriages” and “phony refugees,” such as the Roma.

He cuts health coverage for refugee claimants. He casts himself as a crusader against the “barbaric practices” of (barbaric) immigrants.

He paints sponsored parents and grandparents as a burden, while staying mum on the fact that having child care and stability at home is a priceless national economic asset. He is a politician who parrots family values but undermines immigrant families.

At the micro-level, his system is a mess as well.
He froze the skilled worker program that brings educated and skilled immigrants, and tossed out 98,000 applications. He reopened it May 4 — with stricter language requirements that will effectively freeze out immigrants from many parts of the world, especially China.

The average wait time for applicants is two years but five in some locations. Five years is so long a time that labour market needs change.
He froze both the entrepreneur and investor programs.
He restricted family reunification, involving spouses and children. Processing time: 10 to 27 months.
He froze sponsorship of parents and grandparents and won’t reopen it until next year. Processing time: between five and 7 1/2 years, at times 10. “My parents would be dead by then,” is the common complaint.

Kenney extended financial sponsorship responsibility to 20 years from 10 and raised the income level of sponsors. The rich are more entitled than the poor to get their elders. He has taken us back to 1907 when the federal policy was that “no person liable to become a public charge can enter Canada.”
Citizenship — perfectly legitimate cases from landed immigrants take up to three years and those flagged for whatever reason take more.

Kenney should resign or be fired.

Ottawa should freeze immigration until it figures out a strategy that better fits today’s Canada.

I don’t say that for the same reason that nativists generally do — they don’t like immigrants. Nor is my rationale that of extremist environmentalists — they think the world’s second largest country is too full at 35 million. I say so because the Harper-Kenney immigration policy makes little or no sense.

Haroon Siddiqui is the Star's editorial page editor emeritus. His column appears on Thursday and Sunday. hsiddiqui@thestar.ca

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2013/06/02/fire_jason_kenney_and_freeze_immigration_siddiqui.html

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
It feels like Haroon Siddiqui got into Canada by "abusing" the system, and now that he got in, he is trying to stop everyone else from "abusing" the system.

ব্যাপারটা এই রকম, আমি সুযোগ পেয়ে চুরি করলাম, কিন্তু এখন বাকি সবার চুরি থামানোর ভার আমি নিয়েছি।

If we are to Freeze the immigration system of Canada, then i must ask: Why are we even here?

Anyways, this is not the place for this sort of question and i am not asking any. :p

casayed

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
BANGLADESH
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March,2011
AOR Received.
No,IP-26th Nov
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
File Transfer...
4TH JUNE,2011
Med's Request
1st week of December,2012
Med's Done....
1st week of december 2012
Interview........
Decsion made on24th january,2013(NO INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
along with mr,passport submission on 2nd week of December12
VISA ISSUED...
28th JANUARY,2013
LANDED..........
PLANNING-*in sha ALLAH on 10th june
Safely reached at Toronto ,it is more beautiful than I thought,though landing was good it is quite irritating procedure for a new immigrant,,totally anadaje agaia gesi na bujhei kisu,as it was my 1st plane journey,ki korte hobe na hobe bujhtesilam na,,khali agia gesi ,akhn airport ai sin no nea jay,I got it on 1st day.so I could open bank account on very next day of landing,who have not gone outside bangladesh like me toronto will b like heaven for him