+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All applicants from PhD stream 2014 December network here

enghope

Dec 19, 2014
We just sent hard copies of same email asking for application status and sent for addresses of Sydney office

hbest

Jan 29, 2015
enghope said:
We just sent hard copies of same email asking for application status and sent for addresses of Sydney office
When they don't give any clear answer on the phone, it's probably the same in the emails. I hope you get some vivid answers. I would call them maybe in a week

NEWMANMAN

Oct 27, 2014
enghope said:
One of my friends said it is better to fax them but I could not find any fax number from CIO.

parajulirp

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
InLand
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Is not it amazing not to get any response from CIC to all PhD stream application after 90 days? Usually some response by 72 days in other NOCs!

What do you think about this mate?

1) Is it because the PhD stream applicants are not reporting the response they got from CIC?

2) or After Dec 1, Cap is filled, so they are sending back all Application?

3) or They will start just after processing other NOCs for 25,000 Cap and will process 500 PhD Application?

Which option is more likely you think among 1, 2 & 3?

Please do update if you have!

It will really help all applicants who are desperately waiting!

Cheers

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
Hey Parajuliro,

Would you please share your timeline?
All options are possible, however I think we cant make any conclusion on the cap yet because if it was, a lot of us would have got our apps by now. And no need for cic to keep a hold of our applications. There are ppl in this conversation that are mid or early Dec applicants and havent received any news yet.
Also, when we all called cic they stated our apps have not been returned and neither opened yet.
Whatever the issue is they are not updating us and have put the Phd stream aside for now. We can only hope for the best and wait.
I have called cix a lot during the last two weeks, no clear answer so far. Hopefuly if anyone in this conversation has any news will update everyone.

Cheers!

parajulirp said:
Is not it amazing not to get any response from CIC to all PhD stream application after 90 days? Usually some response by 72 days in other NOCs!

What do you think about this mate?

1) Is it because the PhD stream applicants are not reporting the response they got from CIC?

2) or After Dec 1, Cap is filled, so they are sending back all Application?

3) or They will start just after processing other NOCs for 25,000 Cap and will process 500 PhD Application?

Which option is more likely you think among 1, 2 & 3?

Please do update if you have!

It will really help all applicants who are desperately waiting!

Cheers

hbest

Jan 29, 2015
nina84 said:
Hey Parajuliro,

Would you please share your timeline?
All options are possible, however I think we cant make any conclusion on the cap yet because if it was, a lot of us would have got our apps by now. And no need for cic to keep a hold of our applications. There are ppl in this conversation that are mid or early Dec applicants and havent received any news yet.
Also, when we all called cic they stated our apps have not been returned and neither opened yet.
Whatever the issue is they are not updating us and have put the Phd stream aside for now. We can only hope for the best and wait.
I have called cix a lot during the last two weeks, no clear answer so far. Hopefuly if anyone in this conversation has any news will update everyone.

Cheers!
Hey nina84
what did they tell you over the phone?

parajulirp

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
InLand
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Hi Nina,

Our File reached CIO on 15th Dec 2014
NOC 4012,
No CC charged & later steps

Thanks for your assumption in response!

I believe the same! The main concern is when they will start to work on PhD Stream?

Must be some activities going on, Will appreciate a lot if dear PhD Stream Applicant update "if they hear back from CIC!"

Thanks Nina

Cheers

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
I gave up on calling hbest ;) last time was over a week ago and they said we have no info regarding your app. I asked if it has been returned and the agent said no, if it was I would have a note on it. I also asked about the cap and she said we dont have info on that.
Honestly, I think those agents know nothing....

uote author=hbest link=topic=269955.msg4132407#msg4132407 date=1426525801]
Hey nina84
what did they tell you over the phone?

[/quote]

DEC14

Jan 14, 2015
NS
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-04-2017
nina84 said:
I gave up on calling hbest ;) last time was over a week ago and they said we have no info regarding your app. I asked if it has been returned and the agent said no, if it was I would have a note on it. I also asked about the cap and she said we dont have info on that.
Honestly, I think those agents know nothing....

Yes I thought of so ....They do not know anything!!!....They can only tell information that is recorded online. This would be possible only after they start processing our applications (or returned applications). So i think calling them is just making ourselves more confused!!!

Since our applications are on hold now, only thing we can do is sending an email and then waiting for them to respond.

Now the question is why they are holding our apps?
1. Cap have been reached and they must have received an open ministrial instruction "Do not send all complete applications back to applicants" . This will be possible only if they wanted all PhD students and graduands to stay here but there are no any clear instructions under EE for students. So they must be preparing documentations for that!!!! ""Be optimistic ... :p :p""

2. PhD applicants (all) are in the limit, but they wanted to finish with other NOCs before ours. If this is the case, they should at least charge our fees. Nowadays they are freed from charging other NOCs!!. So i think this might not be the case!!!! :'( :'(

3. CIC is playing a mind game to check our level of frustration....... :-\ :-\

Anyway, we can share if anyone got any updates and news from any relevant sources!!!

Cheers!!

hf_2014

Feb 8, 2015
folks, there is a good news!! last week when I called cic, I inquiried further about the status of my app. Today, I called again and I got the update, which says once they assign a file number to my app, they will inform me. As I mentioned before they put PhD applicants to the end of the list to process. By the way my app was opened.

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
Have you been charged yet? Please update us when you do.

Good luck!

hf_2014 said:
folks, there is a good news!! last week when I called cic, I inquiried further about the status of my app. Today, I called again and I got the update, which says once they assign a file number to my app, they will inform me. As I mentioned before they put PhD applicants to the end of the list to process. By the way my app was opened.

parajulirp

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
InLand
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Another good news is "This thread is being vibrant now!

Even few member (12), we are quite responsive, fair and helpful...Thanks for sharing timeline

Among PhD Applicant , ojohn22, his App reached CIO by 1st Dec, CC Charged on 4 Feb & PER on 18th Feb, it means by 64 days CC charged & by 78 days PER

Expected CC Charge should be 64 days & PER by 78 days for all of us below

1) HF_2014 [Dec 5],

2) Sammoham [Dec 8]

3) Zedd4x [Dec 8th]

4) Hbest, [Dec 8]

5) ParajuliRP [Dec 15] [I was expecting CC charge on 19th Feb & PER by March 3, but no CC charge by 16th March ]

6) NEWMANMAN [Dec 19],

7) DEC14, [Dec 23]

8 ) Enghope, [Dec 23]

9) Nina84 [Dec 30],

10) Doc_mady [Dec 30]

11) Lilcc [ Not shared]

12) Vchalla [ Not shared]

It would be nice to know time line of Lilcc & Vchalla too. It seems hf_2014 is the earliest PhD applicant in this thread followed by Sammoham, Zedd4x & Hbest. Myself is in between. We can expect early good news from hf_2014, followed by Sammoham, Zedd4x & Hbest.

Dear Friends, if you knew some other friends under PhD Stream, kindly share their timeline even if they are Oct or Nov 2014 Applicants.

It would be wonderful if 1st week of Dec 2014 PhD stream applicants (since one friend of Dec 5 Applicant is not getting any response from CIC), would share their timeline/ news/ response from CIC.

Dear Friends, kindly copy past if you have some relevant info about PhD stream applicant in other Thread too

Cheers