+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
If your eligibility is passed, there is no reason to be concerned. Also, if your GCMS notes are old, there may have been progress after that. See the date of generation at the bottom of any page.

You can send a webform and inquire about the security and criminality.

Security is initiated after the eligibility is conclusively passed in most cases. So check your eligibility for that. see https://bit.ly/3apWglN
Extremely helpful Sir, may God bless you always.

I have ordered another set from GET GCMS to know the updates of last 120 days because in April-21, I have got 2 GU.

Reactions: legalfalcon

BarbieAngel

Oct 2, 2020
@legalfalcon
I applied for Temporary Visit visa under the COVID-19 exception and the application was delayed. On requesting for the GCMS notes, Assessment shows recommended interview. Just wondering how that will look like especially considering the time we are and not sure if any one has also experienced this ?

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hey all, I applied for GCMS notes on May 12th and received them on June 11th. But the GCMS notes I received were really weird - it was only 13 pages and the format was completely different to the ones I received before. It had all the notes, the first two pages and tabulated data for Security and Criminality. Has anyone received something like this before?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hey all, I applied for GCMS notes on May 12th and received them on June 11th. But the GCMS notes I received were really weird - it was only 13 pages and the format was completely different to the ones I received before. It had all the notes, the first two pages and tabulated data for Security and Criminality. Has anyone received something like this before?
See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-9432868

a new GCMS format will be launched soon. It will reduce the Gcms Notes which in some cases runs into hundreds of pages to just a few dozen pages. The mock up of the new Gcms Notes has already been shared with some top requesters for feedback. The new format will become the default format while the existing format will still be available upon request. This change is expected to increase the processing capacity at IRCC and CBSA.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I applied for Temporary Visit visa under the COVID-19 exception and the application was delayed. On requesting for the GCMS notes, Assessment shows recommended interview. Just wondering how that will look like especially considering the time we are and not sure if any one has also experienced this ?
If you have interview requested, you will have to wait for the instructions. During COVID some of the interviews have been conducted remotely.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
This is an abridged version of the GCMS notes now used by CBSA for some requests that have too many pages. The abridged version will have only the key aspects, which are listed as follows:

Page 1: has the application details and assessment summary (see top right)
Page 2: lists all the individuals in the application and client details
Page 3: Starting here the admissibilities (activities) are listed
Security​
Criminality​
Medicals​
This is followed by the officer's notes in the last few pages.

Reactions: Numwa

calvinklein

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I requested GCMS notes from IRCC on March 4, still haven’t received it. I sent an email on April 23 to inquire. I never received a reply, never received an extension. CBSA seem to be more prompt with responses.

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-9432868

a new GCMS format will be launched soon. It will reduce the Gcms Notes which in some cases runs into hundreds of pages to just a few dozen pages. The mock up of the new Gcms Notes has already been shared with some top requesters for feedback. The new format will become the default format while the existing format will still be available upon request. This change is expected to increase the processing capacity at IRCC and CBSA.
Oh thanks for this! Had no idea they changed the format.

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi @legalfalcon, @caipsnotes ,
If I want to get officer's notes as well as the complete application including submitted documents and communication records, do I need to raise two separate requests selecting one option at a time or is there a way to do it in a single request?

These are the two options that I see while making ATIP request to IRCC.

Last edited:

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

I got the new format. The notes are really slimmed down and the pages you receive are greatly reduced (12 pages for my latest notes vs 115 pages for the previous ones)

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
What info is included in the new format? Don’t you mind to post it(just remove personal info)?
I don’t post my notes, sorry. The new format is simply details on your assessments (Eligibility, Security, Criminality, etc), the respective Responsibility Centres handling each stage, as well as Analyst/ Officer notes at the end.

Reactions: upon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: Mike@2019 and upon

iamalazyperson

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hello, my GCMS notes showed that my Primary VO is Montreal and Secondary VO is Centralized intake office. So which office is the one that will process my application and issue copr?
Thank you for your reply.