+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,,, i want to ask something,, it’s not related to GCMS sorry. If you can help ll greatly appreciate it.
I am PR of Canada, i have some property in my home county which i bought before immigration. I want to sell it and bring money here via bank. Do i have to pay tax on it?
If yes, how can I avoid tax on that money?
regards

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,,, i want to ask something,, it’s not related to GCMS sorry. If you can help ll greatly appreciate it.
I am PR of Canada, i have some property in my home county which i bought before immigration. I want to sell it and bring money here via bank. Do i have to pay tax on it?
regards

There are three issues:

1. Capital gain tax: This will depend on the laws of where the property is (in rem jurisdiction), based on how the calculations are done, nature of the property (farming / residential etc.) etc. So you will have to pay this in the country where the property is located and sold.

2. Canadian Taxes: If you are a resident of Canada, for the purposes of income tax (this is different form being a resident of Canada based on your visa / PR status), all money earned across the globe will have to be shown / declared in your Canadian income tax, irrespective of whether the funds are in Canada or not. At that point, factors such as whether you country is a signatory of double tax avoidance treaty, your tax status, etc. will determine whether you will pay any taxes on the sale proceeds.

3. Compliance with the proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA): Any large deposit funds to your Canadian bank account have to be reported to FINTRAC (Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada). As long as your can show the source of funds, i.e. the sale transaction this is will a non-issue. Also, you do not have to do anything yourself, your bank will file the report and ask you for any documents. This will depend on the amount of money you are depositing. Also, if the funds are coming form a foreign bak to a Canadian bank, the rules and reporting requirements are more lax.

This is a very rudimentary perspective, and you should consult a tax lawyer / accountant for more details specific to the above factors.

I only have a working knowledge of tax, and based on that the above is my input.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
regards
Please be careful who you seek advice from. A wrong move can land you in trouble. Consult someone qualified and competent on this matter.

Even for legal matters consult a licenced lawyer, one that has been called to the bar. People use "legal" monikers and make claims of being licenced but when you dig deeper you find out that they are not licensed.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Dear @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes
I ordered my GCMS notes and see that my application(EE PNP inland) was transferred to Etobicoke after R10 completed at CIO.

Right now I have primary office Etobicoke and secondary CIO.

My question:which office is going to do the next step A11.2 review for me? Primary or secondary? Thanks a lot!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Dear @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes
I ordered my GCMS notes and see that my application(EE PNP inland) was transferred to Etobicoke after R10 completed at CIO.

My question:which office is going to do the next step A11.2 review for me? Primary or secondary? Thanks a lot!
Hi. You will find more info here https://bit.ly/3e3JP2q

Reactions: upon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon

The applications are routinely transferred to offices across IRCC's network. Usually the CIO is where the initial processing of your application happens, and the the eligibility is done at CPC. See page 3 of your GCMS notes to know at which office the application current is at.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

Reactions: upon

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
@legalfalcon I received my notes last week. On the first page, it stated the CIO as my primary office while also stating CPC-Ottawa as the secondary office.

But on the third page, there's the following;

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I received my notes last week. On the first page, it stated the CIO as my primary office while also stating CPC-Ottawa as the secondary office.

But on the third page, there's the following;

Created by: SADMIN
Updated Date: 2014/06/14 07:14:02
Updated By: CONV_ADMIN
Primary: N
RC Code: 9245
Office Name: Operations Support Centre

SECONDARY OFFICE(S): 2
Created Date: 2010/05/21 18:28:28
Created By: SADMIN
Updated Date: 2010/05/23 10:08:06
Updated By: B9108
Primary: Y
RC Code: 9515
Office Name: CPC-Ottawa

SECONDARY OFFICE(S):3
Created Date: 2010/05/21 18:28:28
Created By: SADMIN
Updated Date: 2010/05/26 08:14:42
Updated By: C8296
Primary: N
RC Code: 9518
Office Name: CPC Edmonton

Could you please explain the above as it seems a little bit confusing especially with the dates. Is my application still at the CIO or it's been moved to Ottawa? Everything except Security is passed. Security not started.

Thanks for all that you do on here.

The applications are routinely transferred to different officer across the IRCC network, to read on this see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

All the details of where your application is at are entered in your GCMS notes.

The dates are from 2010 and 2014.

When did you submit your application?

Also, The most recent note is one to look for the relevant details.

RC 9245 is the responsibility centre code for the Operations Support Centre at Ottawa.

As per the most recent note, your application is at OSC Ottawa.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/operations-support-centre.html

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
The applications are routinely transferred to different officer across the IRCC network, to read on this see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

All the details of where your application is at are entered in your GCMS notes.

The dates are from 2010 and 2014.

When did you submit your application?

Also, The most recent note is one to look for the relevant details.

RC 9245 is the responsibility centre code for the Operations Support Centre at Ottawa.

As per the most recent note, your application is at OSC Ottawa.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/operations-support-centre.html
I submitted on 23rd of January. EE-PNP. I'm guessing OSC Ottawa will conduct the security once they resuming processing?

The last "Group Name" on page 3 of the GCMS notes state;

Group Name: 1
Created Date: 2020/05/12 13:10:33
Created By: TC01133
Updated Date: 2020/05/21 07:53:17
Updated By: BB01127
Group #: 1-KLBAAPV
Name: PNP 11.2 Met - Ready for Security
Type: PR - Temporary Processing

I got the notes last week Friday.

SijuJoseph

Jan 26, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes, I received my notes today AOR 19 February 2020, PNP FSW Outland ( India ). I am the dependent ( spouse ). My original passport expiry is December 2022, but it mentioned in the notes as December 2020. Any problem with this? Or do they correct it during the final review?
Our eligibility shown as passed. Security - not started, criminality - passed, medical - passed, expired

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes, I received my notes today AOR 19 February 2020, PNP FSW Outland ( India ). I am the dependent ( spouse ). My original passport expiry is December 2022, but it mentioned in the notes as December 2020. Any problem with this? Or do they correct it during the final review?
Our eligibility shown as passed. Security - not started, criminality - passed, medical - passed, expired
If you have noticed a discrepancy then best to raise a web form and inform IRCC

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
After waiting for 120 days, it is extremely frustrating that I am still not receiving my GCMS set ?

Is there anybody who can guide me in that matter ? I just need my GCMS set.

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
After waiting for 120 days, it is extremely frustrating that I am still not receiving my GCMS set ?

Is there anybody who can guide me in that matter ? I just need my GCMS set
Where did you request from, IRCC?
From GET GCMS, I just sent an email to GETGCMS too that kindly send me my GCMS set, I don't know man what is going on.